Author Topic: [FF7] Enemies editor - Hojo (1.0)  (Read 100524 times)

Squall78

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Hojo 1.0 - enemies editor
« Reply #50 on: 2008-06-15 20:29:46 »
Hi auxili160

Currently, it's not possible to edit enemies' formations. I've planned to add this feature in a future version of Hojo.

Thanks for using Hojo :)

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008-06-16 02:23:29 »
No problem. :P

Also, any plans of adding a copy+paste feature (like scenester)? This would let us copy an enemy from one battle set to another.
For example, instead of modifying the four kalm fang enemies that you encounter in the midgar area, you can simply edit one of them and copy+paste the enemy stats into the other kalm fangs in the area.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-16 03:05:58 by auxili160 »

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008-06-18 01:10:39 »
Looking good! Keep up the good work.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008-06-18 03:18:44 »
Oooo, I just realized that this is the only editor so far that lets you edit enemy status effect immunities. I don't think Scenester has this, and SceneEdit is (sorry) useless due to the potion bug so I haven't bothered trying it any more.

All this needs is a copy+paste and formation editor and I'll cream somebody's pants (likely my own).

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008-06-30 13:09:33 »
Would this editor be able to make the final 3 bosses (Jenova, Bizzaro Seph, and Seraph/Safer Sephiroth) more threatening with better HPs and stuff. Fact is by the time ure done with FFVII 1-2x Omnislash just finish off Safer Sephiroth which is embarassing.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008-10-25 06:52:55 »
This might have been answered

I see that "leg" is a component of emerald weapon?

Can we deduce that this was going to be an additional feature of Emerald Weapon along with his eyes?

and can anyone confirm that safer sephiroth was a translation error?
« Last Edit: 2008-10-26 08:11:58 by Seifer Almasy »

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008-10-28 15:21:09 »
The "leg" part from Emerald Weapon is here only for battle script purposes.
And for the "Safer Sephiroth" mistranslation I am unsure, but, Bizarro
was meant to be Rebirth (it could be Reverse too, but this has no sense).

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008-10-28 16:10:34 »
I've heard that "Safer Sephiroth" was meant to be "Seraph Sephiroth", although these people think that it was meant to be "Sepher". It certainly wouldn't be the only mistransliteration in the game: there is "Helletic (Heretic) Hojo" and "Midgar Zolom" (Midgardsorm(r)) as well.
« Last Edit: 2008-10-28 16:13:24 by Leighos Kudistos Megistos »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008-10-30 16:40:08 »
Yes,  I feel pretty damn sure now that it is sepher.  Sepher means book and sephiroth numbers.  A book from the bible.  Not just that the sound is similar "sepher" and "safer"  <obvious romanising issue.

What is annoying though is that sepher sephiroth's appearence is modelled after a seraph lmao.

I will certainly be renaming all these mistakes using your great program for my walkthrough.
« Last Edit: 2008-10-30 16:41:43 by Seifer Almasy »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #59 on: 2008-11-05 12:12:47 »
What is annoying though is that sepher sephiroth's appearence is modelled after a seraph lmao.

I'm glad they didn't try to call him something like "Seraph Sepher Sephiroth". Wow! Talk about a tongue-twister. Although I'm of the camp that things it should have been "Savior Sephiroth".

Squall78: I can work with you in integrating an attack editor into Hojo. My work with Wall Market has been quite fruitful and I did make a basic enemy attack viewer for the purpose of figuring out more damage formulas and special effects.

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008-11-08 05:13:32 »
"Saviour Sephiroth" is quite believable, as "Safer" could have been a gramatical error, trying to say something along the lines of "one who safes".

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008-11-08 14:29:50 »
yes but sepher is similar to safer (romanisation error) and means "book"  sephiroth "numbers"

"book of numbers"  That is more than likely what it was intended to be

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008-11-27 18:32:58 »
Wow I feel so stupid, I'm sure most of you already know this but I just figured out that you can use the control-f  function thingy with HOJO, so it is much, much easier to edit all the enemies with the same name but different formation.

Just wanted to share this incase anyone out there doesn't know (doubt it)

riryoku

• Aim: All Girl FF7
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008-12-09 17:56:21 »
Hi.

Thanks Squall! I was jumping for joy when I found this program. I was hoping to create a FF7 game in which you gain no experience from any monster or boss in the game. So I downloaded this and got to work setting all EXP values to a big fat 0!

Unfortunately, somethings gone wrong and now none of my scripted battles are what they're supposed to be.  :| The first two guards that you have to fight on the station platform have been replaced by a single Guard Hound that back attacks me. The two guards now appear in place of Guard Scorpion in the first boss battle and if you wander around in the area with the first save point, Guard Scorpion can now be found as a random encounter and can be faught multiple times like any other encounter.

I can ensure you the only thing I touched was the EXP. Nothing else was altered in any way.

I can't imagine this being a bug since nobody else has reported anything similar. Though I was wondering if Im doing something wrong or if I have to edit another file to ensure the scripted battles are what they were intended to be?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.  :?

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008-12-09 18:33:34 »
Hi.

Thanks Squall! I was jumping for joy when I found this program. I was hoping to create a FF7 game in which you gain no experience from any monster or boss in the game. So I downloaded this and got to work setting all EXP values to a big fat 0!

Unfortunately, somethings gone wrong and now none of my scripted battles are what they're supposed to be.  :| The first two guards that you have to fight on the station platform have been replaced by a single Guard Hound that back attacks me. The two guards now appear in place of Guard Scorpion in the first boss battle and if you wander around in the area with the first save point, Guard Scorpion can now be found as a random encounter and can be faught multiple times like any other encounter.

I can ensure you the only thing I touched was the EXP. Nothing else was altered in any way.

I can't imagine this being a bug since nobody else has reported anything similar. Though I was wondering if Im doing something wrong or if I have to edit another file to ensure the scripted battles are what they were intended to be?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.  :?

This is a well known "bug", actually - and Hojo was made with this problem in mind. You see this "Update Kernel File" option, when you click on File ? Well, this option will fix this problem. You just need to put your KERNEL.BIN file in the same folder as your SCENE.BIN, select this option, and voilà ! The battle formations will be fixed :-)

riryoku

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008-12-09 19:18:30 »
Thanks you very much, I didn't know. ^^ I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to these things.

Though when I select 'update kernal file' I get an error simply saying 'An error occured during kernal file updating'. I tried updating the kernal file in its original folder and in the folder where my scene.bin is located and then I tried again in a completely seperate folder for the sake of it. Tried running as administrator, it was the only other thing I could think of but that didn't help. Took a nosey on google as well to see if I could find whats wrong but no results.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008-12-09 19:54:59 »
I'm not sure, but are you playing the PC version ? If that's the case, try with the Kernel2.bin file too. I don't have the PC version as I'm always modding the PSX one, so I'm not sure if Kernel2.bin has something to do with it.

Otherwise, I have no clue what the problem is.
« Last Edit: 2008-12-09 19:56:41 by Armorvil »

riryoku

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008-12-09 20:04:33 »
Yep, I'm playing the PC version. I tried changing kernel2.bin also but I still get the same error.

Well thanks for your help anyway.  :-) Hopefully someone else has an idea that will work.

Edit: I feel really silly since I know so little about these files and how they work. Something else I noticed that I thought I should mention is that there is a lot of extra files in my data\kernel folder. There is kernel.bin and then kernel.bin0 up to kernel.bin26 and then kernel2.bin with an extra 9 to 26. I checked my backup data files from before I started modding and the kernel folder there does not have all these extra files. Though I tried updating the kernel.bin in my backup folder and still got the error. I'm not sure if this is any extra relevant information but I also get an error while trying to compile a LGP file using LGP tools saying 'stream read error'.

Should I create a new topic elsewhere for this matter? I didn't expect it to be this much trouble and I don't want to spam this thread if this matter should be elsewhere.

Man, I'm so anxious to get playing this. Hehe.
« Last Edit: 2008-12-09 20:31:41 by riryoku »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #68 on: 2008-12-10 02:22:11 »
Yep, I'm playing the PC version. I tried changing kernel2.bin also but I still get the same error.

Well thanks for your help anyway.  :-) Hopefully someone else has an idea that will work.

Edit: I feel really silly since I know so little about these files and how they work. Something else I noticed that I thought I should mention is that there is a lot of extra files in my data\kernel folder. There is kernel.bin and then kernel.bin0 up to kernel.bin26 and then kernel2.bin with an extra 9 to 26. I checked my backup data files from before I started modding and the kernel folder there does not have all these extra files. Though I tried updating the kernel.bin in my backup folder and still got the error. I'm not sure if this is any extra relevant information but I also get an error while trying to compile a LGP file using LGP tools saying 'stream read error'.

Should I create a new topic elsewhere for this matter? I didn't expect it to be this much trouble and I don't want to spam this thread if this matter should be elsewhere.

Man, I'm so anxious to get playing this. Hehe.

Were you using WallMarket too? That will create those files. Hojo might as well, I've never used it. Ignore them. They're harmless. :) I don't know where Hojo needs the kernel.bin, but the only place the game will recognize it is in the data/kernel directory. The problem you're having is because the Scene look ups are incorrect.

riryoku

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008-12-10 11:54:27 »
Ooh your mentioning of wall market gave me an idea. There must have been something wrong with my original kernel.bin file somehow, but after I created a new kernel and kernel2 using wall market, Hojo successfully updated!  :lol:

Thank you~! I can finally get playing!  8-)

darkvadd7

• View Profile
    • ChristopherNolan.fr
« Reply #70 on: 2009-05-27 06:54:40 »
Will be possible to change dialogs in battles, like versus the Scorpion Guard ?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009-05-27 07:35:29 »
Nope, you have to use ProudClod for that, since battle dialogue is in the AI scripts.

darkvadd7

• View Profile
    • ChristopherNolan.fr
« Reply #72 on: 2009-05-27 07:50:30 »
Ok, thanks !

musaru

• Fading Remnant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009-06-04 20:43:50 »
Is there any way with this editor to say put more bosses into one battle like in this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL7017hdubU

I'm trying to work with this editor... but everything is confusing me. I can't read most of the stuff >.>

For instance :

What is êúô0(äñ) for example? that's basically all i'm seeing..

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009-06-04 20:59:48 »
Is there any way with this editor to say put more bosses into one battle like in this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL7017hdubU

I'm trying to work with this editor... but everything is confusing me. I can't read most of the stuff >.>

For instance :

What is êúô0(äñ) for example? that's basically all i'm seeing..

As the maker of that mod, I can tell you that you can't do it with Hojo. :mrgreen:

To make mods like that, you need to use a hex editor and edit the two bytes at 0x02 of the battle setup for the formation you're editing (there are four records in each scene file, corresponding to the four battle formations). The two-byte value you need to put in the is formation ID of the battle you want to fight after winning the one you're editing. There's some info about it in this thread.

AFAIK, those weird characters are the names of what's left of the test monsters that you can fight in the original Japanese version of the game. Don't worry about them.

P.S. - You must be editing the individual uncompressed scene files, not the compressed scene.bin. Use scene reader to decompress the scene.bin file, edit the scene file you need to edit with a hex editor, then recompress the files (make sure to close the hex editor first).

P.P.S. - I apologise if everything I have said in this post sounds meaningless  :-P