Author Topic: Easier translation  (Read 3498 times)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Easier translation
« on: 2010-05-28 10:33:06 »
I use Google chrome browser and it can translate the whole page you're on to you're language. Example is the thread is in english and I can translate it to filipino so that I can understand it better. Just wanted to share for some people who do not know english well. :)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Easier translation
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-28 13:34:13 »
Agreed. Auto-translate is hugely useful.

You know, I just had an idea: how about an interpreter plugin for Firefox? Not just auto-detecting and translating foreign language pages, but also retranslating input into text fields (i.e. auto-translating your Spanish to post in an English forum, and vice versa).

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-28 13:37:20 »
I have a Firefox plugin for translating entire pages, very handy since I use M.U.G.E.N and some of the best characters are made by the Japanese.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-28 13:41:52 »
I have a Firefox plugin for translating entire pages, very handy since I use M.U.G.E.N and some of the best characters are made by the Japanese.
There's a firefox plugin for translation?? Hmm I don't know that. Mind posting a link here directing to the plugin download?? I assume more people use firefox so I think they'll prefer using firefox.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-28 13:46:49 »
The one I use is for Eastern Asian languages, there may be plugins for others though.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2012/

Right click on a space in the page you want translated and you'll see the option in the context menu.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-28 14:22:05 »
So the plugin is for use with just one language at a time?? Well they could download all the plugin that they need but I still recommend Google Chrome since it translates every language I know. I even got to a japanese site and I could understand everything. Anyways thanks for the link Tekkie.X. Hopefully some people here will see it rather than using their own translator. :)