Read this first! > Announcements and site development

Forum upgrade

<< < (2/24) > >>

Qhimm:

--- Quote from: obesebear on 2010-06-19 04:10:56 ---Not sure if you intended this or not.   General needs moderator approval for guests to start a new topic, but not to reply.      In Completely Unrelated, guests can start new topics and reply.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10166.msg141906#msg141906   

--- End quote ---

Permissions didn't migrate cleanly so I had to make something up as I went. If something doesn't work well, we can change it.

--- Quote from: obesebear on 2010-06-19 04:10:56 ---Also not sure what happened here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10036.msg123812#msg123812

--- End quote ---

Ouch, looks like UTF-8 conversion gone wrong. Wonder if many (older) messages are affected? If so, I'll have to run some kind of recovery...

--- Quote from: obesebear on 2010-06-19 04:10:56 ---Brand new members are required to fill out a captcha only on their first post.   Members can also delete any posts they've made.  This includes the original post/thread as long as no one has replied in it.

--- End quote ---

Again, permissions made up as I went. Switched to 1 easier captcha + 1 security question to try to trick bots while not annoying humans too much.

Mako:
Sounds like the uploads directory/file wasn't chmodded properly, In regards to the upload file problem. As far as the glitch in characters all I can think of is a directory of a extended character or a emoticon got screwed up. In SMF 2.0 it might be just a simple re-cache of posts. Hope this helps.

pyrozen:
this has been like this for a while, but it always bugs me:
Most Online Today: 2. Most Online Ever: 2 (08 May 2006, 04:00:28)

Also, do SMF support styles, maybe a nice FF7/Qhimm border @ the top of the forums? just a suggestion, i really like the new look.

BlitzNCS:

--- Quote from: pyrozen on 2010-06-19 14:34:47 ---Also, do SMF support styles, maybe a nice FF7/Qhimm border @ the top of the forums? just a suggestion, i really like the new look.

--- End quote ---

I do like the idea of at least a slight style, this place seems way too plain for the creative minds we've got here (but maybe that's the irony to it).
What about a full-blown theme? Here's something I spent far too long on and which still doesn't look right, but you get the idea. Not that I actually think it's a good idea to have something like that, but just maybe as an option.

Furzball:

--- Quote from: NCS on 2010-06-19 16:28:12 ---
--- Quote from: pyrozen on 2010-06-19 14:34:47 ---Also, do SMF support styles, maybe a nice FF7/Qhimm border @ the top of the forums? just a suggestion, i really like the new look.

--- End quote ---

I do like the idea of at least a slight style, this place seems way too plain for the creative minds we've got here (but maybe that's the irony to it).
What about a full-blown theme? Here's something I spent far too long on and which still doesn't look right, but you get the idea. Not that I actually think it's a good idea to have something like that, but just maybe as an option.

--- End quote ---
Love it! Don't know if it could be put in but awesome if we could make your theme the theme of the site. I'd probably call for something darker though. Oldforums used to burnout my eyes whenever I flipped on the laptop to websurf in bed in the middle of the night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version