Author Topic: FFVII hates me...  (Read 4941 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
FFVII hates me...
« on: 2013-08-15 15:20:38 »
So I was simply grinding in Mideel with Cid, Yuffie and Caith Sith (because Slots) aaaand...

Fuck.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: FFVII hates me...
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-15 18:22:12 »
Been to long since i played. And i never used Cait.
Whats the issue? o.o

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2013-08-15 19:30:13 »
Been to long since i played. And i never used Cait.
Whats the issue? o.o

He just got the "Insta-Game Over" slot.

Tough luck, dude. Hope you saved recently. :)

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #3 on: 2013-08-15 22:13:58 »
By the way, from what I read, Cait-Cait-BAR is the only combination you can only get if you stop the reels accordingly. Depending on the Evil Flag's state, the game might help you to get any other combination but it will never help you to get Death Joker...
So, flawless execution on your side. ;]

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-08-15 22:22:20 »
Hope you saved recently. :)
I think the point is... he didn't  :P

Too bad Vgr, I know how it feels ^^'
The worst time for me was when my brother entered the room and removed the power socket for NO F*CKING REASON after a grinding time and while I was about to save.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-08-15 22:38:09 »
In the future, when the game tells you that you got Death Joker, don't confirm. Just run. You can still escape from the battle without dying, as long as you're not surrounded and it's not a boss.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-08-16 12:44:18 »
In the future, when the game tells you that you got Death Joker, don't confirm. Just run. You can still escape from the battle without dying, as long as you're not surrounded and it's not a boss.

I did not know that.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-08-17 12:39:02 »
In my entire time playing, I have never gotten that....course I don't usually play as Cait Sith ever, but still

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: 2013-08-17 14:49:18 »

wow, thats so cheap... doing that would hurt me more in my pride of not being bad at games than having to grind over again

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-08-17 18:23:38 »
wow, thats so cheap... doing that would hurt me more in my pride of not being bad at games than having to grind over again
No cheaper than saving after every battle while grinding. Just faster.

Although I don't use this technique personally because I don't even use Cait Sith if I can avoid it. The idea of a character who is so luck-driven doesn't sit right with me; in fact I have more problems with his playstyle than with his story issues.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-08-18 18:49:22 »
By the way, from what I read, Cait-Cait-BAR is the only combination you can only get if you stop the reels accordingly. Depending on the Evil Flag's state, the game might help you to get any other combination but it will never help you to get Death Joker...
So, flawless execution on your side. ;]

I suck at the slots. And when I mean I suck, I mean I was trying to obtain three stars, and I got this. I assure you this was not wanted (I also was under the impression this was impossible to get randomly)

I tried, didn't work. It might be related to the ATB being set to Wait.