Author Topic: [FF7PC] Sephiroth Story mod with new villian and motive! (2016-01-08)  (Read 83309 times)

Zara9

• View Profile
Hey

I need some help please

i am really having a hard time setting up genesis063 mod on 7th heaven
« Last Edit: 2015-04-04 21:04:41 by Zara9 »

Jeet

• View Profile
lool , really fun message, but i think your in the wrong thread, this is for release only

obesebear

• View Profile
Merged the two topics together

Zara9

• View Profile
Hey

i got the mod finally working
« Last Edit: 2015-04-05 13:53:19 by Zara9 »

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
Got the kernel bin to work so you wont need to patch the kernel files.  I am in the middle of making configuration options for the mod so the models will go with the other ones you are using.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

how can i get past the kalm flashback on this mod without it softlocking on me

Zara9

• View Profile
i have been stuck at this kalm flashback on this mod for 2 years since i tried this mod

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
I had to look up the word "softlock" since I've seen it popping up a bit lately. I don't think we're using it correctly.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Softlock

If your game crashes due to a mod, it's not a situation of a "softlock." It's either a bug with the mod, or the user didn't install it correctly. All mods should be using Aali's Driver, so it's better to check your APP.log and see what file is causing the crash.

genesis063

• View Profile
I mostly use 7H Heaven as probably most people will as they hate messing with the source files and makes mods co-exist much better and can activate one and deactivate the other and can be setup easier.  I find tool authors seem to have a nasty habit of not implementing a hands on user guide.  I find it hard to make the chest and variables operate how they should.  Yes we have those trouble shooters and scripting sections but those do not persist through time.  A readme or basic users guide pdf would be a God send and I don't believe in god.  I mostly do not support the old way of doing it as most modders create tools and folders to put modifications in and leave the base files alone which produce less headaches.  As you said though you can unpack it and inject the files in where they need to go which I do not advise but it is there if you need to.

Update: found and oversight.  For some reason the change I made when I failed to cut out the book scene all together seem to not been fixed in this iro if I cannot fix the bug then i'll have to remove my attempt.  Well that is unfortunate it wont work.  Taking out the attempt and the rest should go on like it is suppose to.

Update: Kalm Flashback should be back on track.  All that should be left is Cloud tweaks and story tweaks.  Still got to figure how to make the chests work.  Posting the iro soon.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-09 03:10:56 by genesis063 »

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

why is this mod so hard to setup 100% for

what does genesis063 mean by this

then use a tool to import the flevel lgp folder files into the flevel you are currently using
« Last Edit: 2015-04-09 08:19:05 by Zara9 »

genesis063

• View Profile
Either use lgp tools which is the best option there should be a link somewhere.

Zara9

• View Profile
Hey

i do not know how to use the lgp tools program at all

genesis063

• View Profile
Open the lgp and then create a patch with the files going into the lgp.  Then reopen it and apply the patch.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

is there anyway you could do the patching for me please

because i have no idea what i am doing

genesis063

• View Profile
Can't do it got some stuff I am ironing out and testing.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey genesis063

i am very sorry for always bothering you about your mod okay
« Last Edit: 2015-04-09 18:38:04 by Zara9 »

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

would anyone know how to make a fix patch for the kalm flashback on this mod?
« Last Edit: 2015-04-11 11:10:24 by Zara9 »

Zara9

• View Profile
Hey

Finally got past the kalm flashback

thanks for helping me genesis063
« Last Edit: 2015-04-11 23:28:37 by Zara9 »

genesis063

• View Profile
No problem now lets keep this topic about release everyone and that means everyone.

ssjyasai

• View Profile
I really hate to do this but I am still stuck on the Flashback...

Updated everything and even started a new game

I get to the part where Kyte says "My father left soon after" and then the game sits there music is still going but game is unresponsive

if there is a solution or workaround please help

genesis063

• View Profile
Sorry about that I don't know how that fix didn't go through.  I'll be releasing another iro soon and I may throw in the configuration one in there.  I just successfully made a down and dirty Sephiroth swapping over Cloud battle model so I'll probably have it in.  Safer will be ready as a final limit option as well.

DeadManInBlack

• View Profile
What other Sephiroth projects do have in the pipeline Genesis?

genesis063

• View Profile
Mostly just animations a little before or after my prequel mod.  More details when I start actively working on it.

genesis063

• View Profile
Not sure how many people still look at this thread so just a quick update here to show that it is not dead.  Just fixed the battle model for Cloud replacing Barret no longer should you see run fire and noise and he attacks appropriately.  Need to make some corrections to the text and sizing which I thought I fixed.  Will update the first post when I decide to release the changes so hang tight.

Zara9

• View Profile
hey

will this mod work on windows 10 using 7th heaven