Author Topic: How to Edit FInal Fantasy VII PS1 files  (Read 17186 times)

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
How to Edit FInal Fantasy VII PS1 files
« on: 2010-05-03 05:42:52 »
Guys can anyone tell me that how can i modify files of PS1 version of Final Fantasy since i downloaded a file which breaks the damage limit from 9999 and it also told me the instruction on how to do it but after i edited the file and started the game it gave me a strange error also the file is this one

the download link is in the description

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUazByhs3oA

and i edited the file with Ultra ISO opened up the battle folder and replaced the two file with the two new file and well saved it after i opened the .IMG file using Epsxe it doesn't load the file and gives me an error

please can someone help me

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: How to Edit FInal Fantasy VII PS1 files
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-03 12:29:48 »
Use more punctuation.

Right, let me get this straight: you want to break the damage limit. You did this by downloading certain files, then using an ISO editor to swap them over.

Firstly, I assume the files you obtained are patch files, not complete files. Importing these will cause the game to go belly up - you need to apply the patches.

Otherwise, tell us the error / messages from Ultra ISO. Did it tell you the file needed to be padded / truncated?

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-03 13:50:40 »
The description to that video clearly tells you to use CDMage. Do not use crapware like UltraISO. :roll: Anyway, check that your version of the game is compatible with the one used for the patch. I'm assuming the patch was created with the NTSC U/C build, so it can only be applied to that one.

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-04 04:16:16 »
well when creating the ISO it doenst gives me any problem but when playing it on epsxe,now that gives me a problem since it doesn't load the game and about CDMage  it doesn't let me replace the files as in when i open the BATTLE folder and try to drag and drop the replaceable file it doesn't replace it

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-04 17:03:51 »
well when creating the ISO it doenst gives me any problem but when playing it on epsxe,now that gives me a problem since it doesn't load the game
That's because Ultra ISO corrupts the image...

and about CDMage  it doesn't let me replace the files as in when i open the BATTLE folder and try to drag and drop the replaceable file it doesn't replace it
First, you don't drag and drop files for replacing them inside an ISO, but right click and select the "Import file..." option. Second, if that option doesn't appear, you're using an incorrect version of CDMage that doesn't come with file replacement (1.02.1 BETA).

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-04 17:28:55 »
well when creating the ISO it doenst gives me any problem but when playing it on epsxe,now that gives me a problem since it doesn't load the game
That's because Ultra ISO corrupts the image...

and about CDMage  it doesn't let me replace the files as in when i open the BATTLE folder and try to drag and drop the replaceable file it doesn't replace it
First, you don't drag and drop files for replacing them inside an ISO, but right click and select the "Import file..." option. Second, if that option doesn't appear, you're using an incorrect version of CDMage that doesn't come with file replacement (1.02.1 BETA).

Thanks for the help,i kinda figured that out some time ago myself ^^.Also do you know if there is a .lzs file compressor or decompressor??

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-04 17:29:50 »
Why did they drop the feature, I wonder?

Also, there is an LZS decompressor about. I think Ficedula's site has one.

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-04 19:26:02 »

hmm i think because dragging and dropping the file somehow corrupted the ISO some way but idk for sure ^^" and well Ficedula's compressor,i have it but when i open it a window just flashes and then closes without even giving any error ^^"

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-04 19:42:10 »

hmm i think because dragging and dropping the file somehow corrupted the ISO some way but idk for sure ^^" and well Ficedula's compressor,i have it but when i open it a window just flashes and then closes without even giving any error ^^"

Well Ficedula's LZS de/compresser is a command line tool and thats why it closes instantly. if you cant use command line you could get NFITC1 LZS de/compressor that isnt a command line and can be gotten here (near the end of the post)
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7928.0

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-04 20:51:42 »
Also do you know if there is a .lzs file compressor or decompressor??
Get it from here, it's data\lzss.exe. Works a lot better than Ficedula's compressor and the compression rate is the same as in Square's data.

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-05 02:43:30 »
well i tried NFITC1 but when i decompress it,it still gives me the .lzs file and i cant open or edit the files of .lzs ^^"
and Gemini i tried the link you gave me and I'm sorry to say but i cant understand anything in it,cause its written in a totally different language ^^"

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-05 04:32:44 »
Use more punctuation.

First of all this needs to be quoted because you apparently didn't see it the first time.

Drop the file you want to compress on top of the FiceLZS icon.

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-05 10:43:17 »
Quote from: therage800 link=topic=9736.msg1Drop the file you want to compress on top of the FiceLZS icon.
[/quote

hmm tried it but still nothing happened and also know i want to know how to decompress and compress files to modify models or anything else in FFVII PSX

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-05 11:02:09 »
well to edit the PSX models do you really need to decompress them ? biturn can open the original LZS compressed PSX models.

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-06 16:02:07 »
well to edit the PSX models do you really need to decompress them ? biturn can open the original LZS compressed PSX models.

hmm but even if it opens it we cant replace the files with new models now can we?? ^^"

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #15 on: 2010-05-09 18:09:42 »
So guys can anyone help me please,since i want to mod the PS1 games to have millenias weapons :(

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #16 on: 2010-05-09 20:47:44 »
Unless you intend to heavily mod the engine (which I doubt you're capable of at your current level) to support those and remodel the hell out of millenia's work, that's not gonna work. Come back when you'll acquire a lot more experience with smaller and easier hacks, and only then try again.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-09 20:49:24 by Gemini »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: 2010-05-09 21:18:18 »
I still don't have any clear idea of what he wants to actually do.

Is this something to do with putting hi-qual models onto the PSOne version?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-05-09 22:41:28 »
Pretty much

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: 2010-05-09 23:26:05 »
Oh. Well, it's complicated - dealing with filesizes and LBA lookups will probably be the least of your worries.

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: 2010-05-10 05:44:15 »
Unless you intend to heavily mod the engine (which I doubt you're capable of at your current level) to support those and remodel the hell out of millenia's work, that's not gonna work. Come back when you'll acquire a lot more experience with smaller and easier hacks, and only then try again.

well im a newbie in modding the files but i do have on hacking codes for games like codebreaker or AR Max and etc.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: 2010-05-10 12:23:53 »
I assure you, this is far more complicated. How is your knowledge of assembler for the MIPS R3000?

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #22 on: 2010-05-10 13:37:11 »

well im a newbie in modding the files but i do have on hacking codes for games like codebreaker or AR Max and etc.

sorry buddy but codebreaker or AR ain`t gonna do nothing for using high quality models and such in the PS1 version of the game, that kind of modding and this kinda modding is vvvvveeeeerrrrrryyyyy different (and im not good at either TT_TT)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #23 on: 2010-05-10 16:51:07 »
well i tried NFITC1 but when i decompress it,it still gives me the .lzs file and i cant open or edit the files of .lzs ^^"
and Gemini i tried the link you gave me and I'm sorry to say but i cant understand anything in it,cause its written in a totally different language ^^"

Directly out of the readme file in that zip file:

Decompress button:
If the source file is a lzs file the second box will still add .LZS to the end of the output file (TO BE FIXED). This program does not check to determine if the file is actually LZS compressed. It's possible that even a raw file could be "uncompressed", but I will not be held liable for the result.

You didn't rename it. It's actually decompressed when you do that. The renaming thing is actually not likely to be fixed.

And yes, do consider punctuation and spelling when typing. Communication is key.

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: 2010-05-11 03:06:45 »
I assure you, this is far more complicated. How is your knowledge of assembler for the MIPS R3000?

Well i still haven't learned that.