Author Topic: Chocobo Stats  (Read 6978 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Chocobo Stats
« on: 2013-04-24 14:14:15 »
I have no idea what is going on here.  Any help appreciated.  See savemap for more information.

Sprint Speed
Max Sprint Speed
Speed
Max Speed
Acceleration
Cooperation
Intelligence
Personality
Pcount (?)

Stamina (further down savemap and not part of main chocobo table)

Firstly the limits.  The game seems to limit Stamina to 9999.  The other 2 byte stats above never come close to 9999 in game, and there is some sort of limit there too.  Cooperation, Intelligence, PCount are limited in game to 100.   Acceleration seems limited to 80 by the game.  Why?  I have no idea.

Onto problems:

I have no idea what Pcount and Personality do. When I caught a chocobo it was given initial values of 2 for personality, and 0 for Pcount.  When feeding, the Personality ended up at 0 (and all my chocobos reared are 0), and Pcount now sits at 100.  My other chocobos from my old psx save fully fed are on 0). 

It is quite likely Personality is not used.  Not sure about Pcount. 

Acceleration is not part of the script programming, so even if you have not attained 80, the game will still say "no improvement"

I don't understand the limits the game has placed on these values either... some 9999, some 100, one 80.  Keep you posted, because I might go into this more.  For now, this is out there as a "what's going on" thread.

Also, 4 of the 6 Chocobo Tables are higher up the savemap.  I guess at a later point in development, they realised they needed 6 stables?
« Last Edit: 2013-04-24 14:40:40 by DLPB »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Chocobo Stats
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-24 16:55:12 »
If there were a trophy or achievement for discovering nonsense, you'd have earned it with this revelation. Congrats. :D

Supposedly, and there's little evidence to corroborate this, personality has something to do with the offspring between this chocobo and another (but probably don't), cooperation has something to do with how well the chocobo handles under "manual mode", intelligence determines how stupid they are when left to their own devices during races (auto mode), pcount has something to do with how effective feedings are or how many times they've already gotten improved stats.

Acceleration determines how long you have to hold Triangle (I think it's triangle) for the chocobo to reach its max speed.

As for the 4/2 stable split it's probably just as you said. They might have initially thought four would be a good number, but then after realizing how complex breeding was that it would be better to have more (although you only really need four). It would take at least five to have one of each color of chocobo and it didn't make sense to have an odd number in a barn so they bumped it up to six.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-24 16:58:12 »
I knew all but pcount and personality....  I need to know this because I need to know which stats to ignore in my trainer.  Personality makes sense... I suppose.  Although I have no idea why Pcount ends up at 100 and then later at 0 for some chocobos.  I haven't gone into it properly.  PCount and Personality need looking at better methinks.  Although Pcount may be as you said... might just count how much stat ups they have had... or something. 

One of my chocobos isn't allowed to be fed btw... just makes error noise, but maybe this was from editing with earlier version of black chocobo save editor.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-24 17:03:01 by DLPB »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-24 19:52:17 »
Breeding happens in the field scripts. That's a bit odd considering, but if you're interested the script is in 'frcyo' on object 21's script 1 (Makou Reactor).

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #4 on: 2013-04-24 20:35:29 »
there is also a flag for what chocobos can't mate (1= can't mate) that is stored outside that chocobo data.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-04-24 20:40:59 »
Yup.  I've taken account of that but at least we know what it is.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-04-25 10:44:22 »
quick note about the 'weird' stuff in the game for the chocobos. It is also entirely possible their are leftovers from developement that weren't 'cleaned' away. Just like that 1/35th soldier figure (no one has figured out what it's for). Their are a number of bits left over from the developement. Just like many things games have schedules to ship.

So don't be surprised at bits of useless stuff drifting in the data. Not every bit has a real meaning in otherwords (at least not anymore).

Cyb

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-04-25 18:29:36 »
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/58077

This guide here goes into the stats limits a bit more.  It does say Acceleration max is 100 but I cannot get past 80.  The stamina is 9999 but run/sprint are 6000.  Seems plausible.

It also explains a lot more about the internals.

It also explains personality somewhat.  2 1 and 0.  With feeding (pasana greens) it ends up at 0.  2 and 1 are bad.  When it reaches 0, Choco Billy says the personality has improved.
But, I don't know what they do. I've watched the effects of Intelligence and
Co-Operation first hand in Chocobo Racing... but Personality doesn't "seem" to
affect anything that noticable
there also appears
to be some difference in the way the different racing types effect the breeding
RNG. From what I've read, I assume it's because Personality types 1 and 2 re-
quire an additional RNG roll. There's a lot that's not completely clear about
it. However, it's in the game, so for now, it's here.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-25 18:40:25 by DLPB »

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-04-27 05:14:38 »
It could be that some Chocobo's run faster on different terrain. I didn't see where that would fit otherwise... Or is there a separate 'type' check? I don't know I'm just guessing.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 2013-04-27 13:14:00 »
Gold and Black ignore specific 'slowdown' areas like the space-area on the short course and the underwater-area on the long course
I think Green ignores the uphill-slowdown ( or the space area, I dont remember ) on the short course and Blue ignores the slowdown in underwater on the long course
Yellow obv ignores nothing