Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 694853 times)

Tsetra

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #100 on: 2008-05-05 12:30:42 »
When I went in to save Aeris and Barret blasted the holding tank thing, it never stopped glowing so I couldn't see where the materia was in the tank.

I've had this problem as well. Actually, it seems like I had this problem with the NPC-RP version too. However, using default files I never had this problem so I don't see it being a hardware issue.
I haven't gotten to the flashback scene yet, but I'll reply if the buster sword appears in Tifa's hands for me as well.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008-05-05 16:27:54 »
As for the glowing tank, I noticed that on my last playthrough a year or so ago.  I did have the Reunion patch but not the NPC one so it would seem unrelated to the npc specifics.  I thought maybe it was a driver issue.  I have an ATI card myself.

As for the materia, some flash, some are normal.  It is pretty odd.  Were the materia textures altered in some ways ?

As for the flashback, I had that quick scene in the reactor were you see Tifa with a sword (begining of the scene) and the sword was normal.  I haven't been to Kalm yet.

As for everything else, using ff7music in conjunction and its been rock solid so far apart from the fact that doing "quit" will reboot my system ???  So I simply ctrl-alt-del out of it.

PS : Not using the supplied exe.  I renamed the files manually.

Stick

« Reply #102 on: 2008-05-08 20:58:33 »
Does anyone know which file inside the char.lgp is the "blue soldier" skin? The reunion patch has new skin for it but the renjuvenation patch uses the old blue soldier which looks a bit silly. I'd like to extract the model from reunion char.lgp and put it to the phoenix version. Does anyone know which file it is? Or is there somekind of editor that I can open char.lgp with and it describes which file is for what?

Oh yeah, the save point model I'd like to change back to the original one. New one does not fit in.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008-05-08 21:27:47 »
I assume you're referring to the bright blue guards you see?
The most info I've got on the matter is here:

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/741915_k0urm/FVIIFieldModelTutorial.doc

or HTML version here:

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:U50B273raMAJ:www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/741915_k0urm/FVIIFieldModelTutorial.doc

This should be enough to find them faster and swap what you like.

Stick

« Reply #104 on: 2008-05-08 22:26:27 »
The kimera download link does not work anymore. The user on the host site no longer exists.
Does anyone have alternative download address or could someone re-upload it to filehost or rapidshare?

I have some hints of the filename and I am trying to take a file from another and put it on the other and then add it to .lgp achive. However I am getting the same error messages as using the 0.6 reconstruction mod.  something about ' BVJF.yos ' Did anyone ever find fix for this?
« Last Edit: 2008-05-08 23:04:42 by Stick »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2008-05-10 01:10:00 »
Stick, the last link for Kimera (the one provided by ice_cold513) it's still alive.

Terid__K

« Reply #106 on: 2008-05-10 07:43:38 »
And while I'm in here I might as well note a couple interesting things I've seen so far with this. 
When I went in to save Aeris and Barret blasted the holding tank thing, it never stopped glowing so I couldn't see where the materia was in the tank.

From my experience, this has nothing to do with the patch. It's a known FF7 problem, and there are no fixes for it AFAIK. You'll also encouter a similar problem on your first visit to the Northern Crater, where the wind blows that you have to go through never change the state, so you have to be lucky to go through it.

Don't worry though, these are the only two places where it happens. It can be quite troublesome though, you can expect to spend at least half an hour on the wind blows (There are three of them, and the Jenova DEATH fight is after the first two).

« Last Edit: 2008-05-10 07:45:51 by Terid__K »

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2008-05-10 10:39:57 »
Strange, none of these problems have ever happened with me.  Guess I must just be lucky. :-)

S_BryaN_M

« Reply #108 on: 2008-05-10 18:20:48 »
OK i think this is a break through not sure haven't read all the posts in this topic yet, but what i did and it works perfectly was i installed the PRP the normal way i took out the 01.LPG which is the char file i renamed it char.LPG and made copy of the original char.LPG and then replace it with the char.LPG from the PRP then i went and installed the YAMP patch and the spell patch and the advent avatars all works perfectly!!!! I have not got a chance to try out the high-res patch yet!!! so try at your own risk. also i am running the original FFVII so ultima user's don't even f***ing try it it will not work.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008-05-11 06:18:09 »
You should probably read all the posts...  :|

Chaos Breaker

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008-05-12 05:20:45 »
Well I had an amusing screw up with this thing today.  I reached the City of the Ancients and had Red XIII and Vincent with me.  Just seemed to fit the mood.  Every thing was fine until I got to just before you find Aeris doing her praying and Cloud tells everyone to wait.  Red XIII was fine, but Vincent was in some grotesque ballerina like pose with one leg stickin out in a random directoin and his arms all folded up weird, and even his cape was twisted and hanging straight out.  Really looked messed up after you fought Jenova and everyone pays their respects, all hopping around on one leg and all.  Though once you got to the water Vincent was fine.  Just one of those wierd quirks I guess.

Also, I found that you probably shouldn't take Barret with you to the Temple of the Ancients.  He's too damn big and blocks a lot of the view when you're watching Sephiroth mess up Tseng. 

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008-05-12 19:11:35 »
i had that same problem with vincent..i also had the character combination...so idk if it would happen with any1 else

TnTonly

« Reply #112 on: 2008-05-13 04:04:54 »
May anyone help me in repack the Save model? And the Material too. I don't like them much. The Save model is some how ugly and amateur-like, and the Material is known to have a lot of bug (it does when you run in software mode and you can't see a thing) Actually the old and original ones is great. Your save icon may look greater if it doesn't have a logo spinning on the top, lol.

I have tried to pack the old data in original char.lpg to your 00.lgp, as mentioned in your release

Save Icon - Normal (avfe)
Materia - Black (hjgc)
Materia - Green (dabf)
Materia - Holy (gwib)
Materia - Pink (aude)
Materia - Red (awbe)
Materia - Teal (byib)
Materia - Yellow (ateb)

and all the file related as described in each file above (Open with Notepad), but, well, that's can't help. All that can do is make your logo in the top of the save icon turn white.

I still don't get much those packing-thing. So someone can help me change the material icons back to the original ones, and either change back the save icon or take the logo on the top out?

mcdooby

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008-05-14 10:19:05 »
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, i start the game and all i get is a black screen and i can here music and thats it. I used the last NPC patch without a problem so i don't know if that makes any difference. I really want to play FF7 with this patch because it seems so good.

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008-05-14 10:36:37 »
Strangely this is most a problem for video codecs not for the patch itself

mcdooby

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008-05-14 11:08:04 »
Fair enough do you have an idea about what i could do? any suggestions would be helpful

ADIDAS

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008-05-14 13:15:06 »
just uninstall klcodec  :-)

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008-05-15 11:48:20 »
May anyone help me in repack the Save model? And the Material too. I don't like them much. The Save model is some how ugly and amateur-like, and the Material is known to have a lot of bug (it does when you run in software mode and you can't see a thing) Actually the old and original ones is great. Your save icon may look greater if it doesn't have a logo spinning on the top, lol.

I have tried to pack the old data in original char.lpg to your 00.lgp, as mentioned in your release

Save Icon - Normal (avfe)
Materia - Black (hjgc)
Materia - Green (dabf)
Materia - Holy (gwib)
Materia - Pink (aude)
Materia - Red (awbe)
Materia - Teal (byib)
Materia - Yellow (ateb)

and all the file related as described in each file above (Open with Notepad), but, well, that's can't help. All that can do is make your logo in the top of the save icon turn white.

I still don't get much those packing-thing. So someone can help me change the material icons back to the original ones, and either change back the save icon or take the logo on the top out?

The first patch he released before the bug fix had a save point without the logo on top. I was able to patch that one into the new version, myself. That's not really something I want to release though, but if ice_cold says it's cool, then it's cool. Otherwise, I'd feel like I'm ripping his signature off his work and I'm not going to do that.
As for the materia, and the revelation now that Vincent is messed up as well, it comes down to ".a" files, which are animation files. At least I'm presuming. Which one animated the materia though I have no clue, but I wish I could figure that out and change it to something that works. Vincent's problem might be beyond lower skill level in this though. I hope not, I really hate bugs.

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008-05-15 13:00:22 »
I think is useless for now to post bugs, because i think icecold must use the standard configuration. The problem is for that and for the modded exe. All the paths in the exe are changed and most of them are bad modified.

TnTonly

« Reply #119 on: 2008-05-15 14:39:13 »

The first patch he released before the bug fix had a save point without the logo on top. I was able to patch that one into the new version, myself. That's not really something I want to release though, but if ice_cold says it's cool, then it's cool. Otherwise, I'd feel like I'm ripping his signature off his work and I'm not going to do that.
As for the materia, and the revelation now that Vincent is messed up as well, it comes down to ".a" files, which are animation files. At least I'm presuming. Which one animated the materia though I have no clue, but I wish I could figure that out and change it to something that works. Vincent's problem might be beyond lower skill level in this though. I hope not, I really hate bugs.

Well, if you don't mind, can you send me these file to my email [email protected]  :-D, and I'm just want to use for playing, through, and sure not to release. Or can you pm me instruction guide how to rip the logo off the save point. I'm much appreciate  :roll:

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2008-05-15 17:38:01 »
I think is useless for now to post bugs, because i think icecold must use the standard configuration. The problem is for that and for the modded exe. All the paths in the exe are changed and most of them are bad modified.

I plan on fixing them for myself, as do others. That's what we're doing right now, along with customizing our versions with the models we prefer.

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008-05-15 17:55:40 »
ah lol, sorry then XD

StandardFiend

« Reply #122 on: 2008-05-22 05:15:52 »
I'm not sure if this is the same thing as has been happening to everyone else, but when I enter a battle, as soon as one of my characters is attacked, or one declares an attack, then the game crashes. (It also crashes at other times such as entering a shop in town, etc.)

Was actually kinda funny. First time it happened, a little wolf-thing attacked Barret, and as soon as the attack hit, Barret tipped his head up and green beams of light shot out of his eyes and mouth, then it crashed. Shoop da woop ftw. Still annoying, though.

I tried renaming the 00.lgp (and the 01.lgp on a separate occasion, for that matter) as char.lgp and putting it in the field folder, then running the original ff7.exe but all I get are the standard models--nothing has changed. To all of you who got this mod to work by renaming like this, how on Earth did you do it?

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008-05-22 09:00:08 »
Hi all 1st im not happy with a lot of you

5 pages and 3 on them are off topic or posting the same work around.
The work around when 1st posted was good, to help the people that got errors.
It did not help me find the bug's.

As i have not got time to fix the exe. I will be going back to the old way of patching.

Viashino has now joined the team and done 1 model, it time for me to start doing some more

Here where you guys come in
Post 2 models you like to see in next patch. The top 3 that you guys pick will be in.

A-little side note

Materia bug i fixed but never put in the last update. Same as the standing bug that some model's had

Cloud's sword in he back is still that it just never added to the hrc file

PS)
IF I SEE ! MORE OFF-TOPIC POST I will close the topic.

Off-topic post's are for PM's ( Personal Messages )

Chaos Breaker

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008-05-26 05:29:38 »
Two models eh?  I haven't quite played things through yet (just finished the sub battle before I took a break) but there were a couple of models that I thought should have been done that weren't.  I say Corneo and young Hojo.  Any time either of them show up they're surrounded by a bunch of people with new models so it kinda throws things off.