Author Topic: FF7 Game not reading the disc.  (Read 2235 times)

Blade

FF7 Game not reading the disc.
« on: 2005-11-08 19:03:25 »
Okay, here's the situation, normally the game works, but up until recently I added the Eidos patch to the game and now it's not reading the disc.  Effectively the disc reads to be sure, but the game seems to act like it doesn't know the disc is in the drive.

It keeps saying "Pleast insert FF7 Game Disc 1,2, or 3 and try again." even if the disc is in the drive.  I've tried using cdcheck.exe and that doesn't seem to help at all.

I've gone so far as to rip the ISO off the disc and use Daemon Tools to mount a drive, but I'm still not sure what the problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-08 19:07:37 »
This is usually caused by just not using the right drive.  If you have multiple CD-ROM drives, you must use the drive you used to install FF7 to play it.  If you want to switch drives, you can change it in the registry (not too hard to find) or simply reinstall FF7 with a different drive.  FF7 is not smart enough to check all of your drives for the game disc, it only looks at the one you used to install it.

If that's not the problem, then, what Eidos patch did you add?  This is a regular copy of the game, right?

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-09 10:02:21 »
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Squaresoft -> Final Fantasy VII

Right here you'll find all paths that your game is using. Try to change 'data drive' and little alter 'movie path' to your drive.
If you're using legal copy of game ofc.