Author Topic: [FF8- Steam] Save doesn't load.  (Read 4408 times)

savage-xp

• View Profile
[FF8- Steam] Save doesn't load.
« on: 2014-07-23 16:52:59 »
For a somewhat reason, the game isn't load my saving game. The game didn't delete my save progress but.

I tried to use the Hine and what i have in my documents folder ( Squareenix) remote.

Is there a solution of this problem since i tried to start a new game and use the metadata file and my old save?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [FF8- Steam] Save doesn't load.
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-23 19:01:58 »
when you say "isn't load my saving game."   

Do you mean: The save shows up in the list of saves in FF8 but will not load . i get an error like "file ruined"  when i try to load that save .

Or

the save doesn't show up in FF8 as a save i can select.

savage-xp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-23 20:22:07 »
Says "No save data" but save file is there.

SilverSpades

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-08-03 03:37:07 »
I think the problem is that the Steam version uploads saves to the cloud so that if the new save isn't recognized (as in converted Hyne saves), it gets deleted automatically.

To fix it, all you have to do is start the game to the point it asks to load the memory cards.

Press Alt + Tab to back out of the game without quitting, and then put your new save in the Steam's save folder (which should be a Square Enix folder in your documents by default) and then go back to the game and load the files.

The save should show up. When it does, save immediately so it will be recognized, because if you quit the game without saving, it'll delete itself again after for the same reason above.

Hope this helped.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-03 03:39:11 by Silver_Spades »