Author Topic: a good ideia or not  (Read 12100 times)

savage-xp

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« on: 2004-03-10 23:25:58 »
Final Fantasy 7

Hummm, i wonder why Detonators 40.72 to 41.09 let the choose AF  with AA.(This solve the backgroud Pixeled but AA show the grid.Its possible to hack an recent driver to do the options above?

My Experiênçe:
Well with 41.09 i peck Riva Tunner and i choose TEXtures Tab.In textures memory Settings i choose Force level 8; optimize more;optimize stages 0,1,2,3. Woooa Bingo! it solves the pixeled background, but the  FSAA only goes to 8-S. Duh... that means the Grid problem returns.

savage-xp

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #1 on: 2004-03-11 01:34:34 »
Update:
GRAB DRIVERS 56.56 And NVIDIA HARDPAGE THERES A NEW AA MODE 2x ENH MOde that fix the pixeled Background!

www.guru3d.com

What  are u waiting for? :wink:

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Huh?
« Reply #2 on: 2004-03-11 08:26:42 »
Hi!

Why does that website have all the newest drivers before the official nVidia website does? Plus... the ForceWare drivers that are the most recent say that they're from Gainward's FTP. Why did they get it first?  :-?

xeriouxi.

Synergy Blades

a good ideia or not
« Reply #3 on: 2004-03-11 12:34:11 »
Guru3D always has the latest drivers, I think they're not officially released (read: leaked  :)) but it gives you a chance to try the latest driver offerings before the companies decide whether to release them to the public or not.

savage-xp

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #4 on: 2004-03-11 17:14:34 »
Yup, thats it!

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #5 on: 2004-03-12 03:04:37 »
yeh i had the catalyst 4.2 drivers aaaages ago.

savage-xp

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #6 on: 2004-03-12 08:25:33 »
Errrrrr we are talking about nvidia cards...

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #7 on: 2004-03-12 09:09:46 »
actually ur talking about graphics drivers, which means my post was valid ^_^

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
a good ideia or not
« Reply #8 on: 2004-03-12 12:20:01 »
Well since catalyst has nothing to do with Nvidia graphics drivers (detonators/forceware), and you really didn't add anything to the discussion anyway, I'd say your post was invalid. That, and the fact that I think the people having the conversation know better what they're talking about than you.  :)

Locutus

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #9 on: 2004-03-12 16:26:12 »
Found yet another undescribed fssa mode.
forceware 56.56 geforce 4ti

For ff7 i have tested mode
FSAAMode05=ff7_5 in rivatuner (this mode is described im ff7 faq on this forum) This gives great results but quality is worst then FSAAMode19 = 8x
however fsaa19=8x creates pixelated background
so i searched for another fssa mode

i found FSAAMode07=test5
this mode is better then mode 5 and only slightly worst then fsaamode19
backgrounds are perfect the only minor anoyance is that frames in game are slightly corrupted (but it is almost unnoticable.

savage-xp

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #10 on: 2004-03-12 18:17:40 »
Please post the hack code here to put in riva Tunner. I want to test that AA mode.

Thanks!

Locutus

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #11 on: 2004-03-12 21:41:00 »
I have postet it already in the post above but here it is again

in riva tuner in fsaa part of config file
put  FSAAMode07=test5

the word "test5" is only a word. After "=" sign you can enter anything you want so you can enter

FSAAMode07=Human
or
FSAAMode07=Rocket

this name human or rocket is a word you will see in fssa tab after runing rivatuner.You can name that fssa mode as you wish.
I have not tested this mode very much. This mode works in ff7 and ff8 and generaly only frames in game are slightly corrupted but background is fine.
I have tried all the modes from mode 01 to mode 18 and i think  the best without any corruption is mode 05 with good 3d . mode 07 has better 3d graphics but frames are slightly corrupted

savage-xp

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #12 on: 2004-03-12 22:50:48 »
And Bingo! That FSAA is the same im talking about!

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Is this correct...
« Reply #13 on: 2004-03-15 08:42:12 »
Hi!

I'm going to go through this once because I'm not 100% sure if I am right or not. What you are saying is that the next release of the official ForceWare drivers will include a new ability to select .exe files and allow them to be customised with different settings, yes?  :-?

Then I suppose that FFVII will be able to run with the backgrounds non-pixelated and there will be no more stupid blocky text anymore?  :D

That would be great! WOOHOO!  :D

xeriouxi.

Locutus

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #14 on: 2004-03-15 11:01:33 »
Xeriouxi . I do not understand your post (at least first part)

What we are talking here is that you can download and install  new forceware 56.56 drivers. This are not official nvidia drivers but this drivers are microsoft certified so thay should be 100% stable.
After install you are downloading rivatuner .In the riva tuner cfg. file you are inserting 2 lines of code
FSAAMode07=test7
FSAAMode05=test5
now in(run riva tuner) riva tuner you can choose 2 new fsaa modes.
Now you can play ff7 and ff8 with fsaa and anisotropic filtering without blocky backgrounds
This fsaa modes were tested on geforce 4ti and may not work on older cards (if you have older card you need to check it by yourself  by runing ff7 with this fsaa)
This fssa modes are undocumented and are not available by normal nvidia display settings (only available by riva tuner).This new fssa modes may   be not available in the next release of forceware or they will be available by riva tuner and not normal ways . or they will be normaly available who knows.
Shortly speaking you can play ff7,ff8 with perfect graphic now

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Erm...
« Reply #15 on: 2004-03-15 11:08:20 »
Hi!

Now that you mention it, I don't know where I got that from! I remember reading either on a thread or via the guru3d website that you can control applications independantly with the new drivers or something...  :-?

xeriouxi.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
a good ideia or not
« Reply #16 on: 2004-03-15 12:05:00 »
That's correct... the next ForceWare release (56.xx) will allow you to specify different settings for individual programs.  In fact, you can get a (WHQL Certified) beta of it already, by Googling around.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Yes!
« Reply #17 on: 2004-03-16 09:43:09 »
Hi!

Just to inform you that the drivers are now officially released and do contain the options for 'application profiles' in the release! Download the new drivers from http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp!  :D

Now that these have been released, what settings does Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII need to run correctly? In FFVII I'm hoping to have the text fixed and backgrounds looking great! I say FFVIII, too, as when I updated my drivers to the previous version before this new release, I had the problem with the black boxes around the text etc.  :(

If you want more information about the new feature, then visit http://www.nvidia.com/object/profiles.html!  :wink:

xeriouxi.

Bluetank

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #18 on: 2004-03-16 13:55:32 »
Well.. Antialias mode doesn't seems to have any effect~!
Force Mipmaps doesn't seems to have any effect~!
Anistrophic mode doesn't seems have any effect~!
Well, nothing seems to have any effect on the ganes i used~!
Anyway does RivaTuner has the version for 56.64 now?

Locutus

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #19 on: 2004-03-16 17:03:51 »
I have not tried this new drives so what i will say here maybe untrue. I think that you will not be able to set fssa for ff7 or ff8 in normal way. becouse this fsaa modes were hiden and unofficial. If nvidia made this fssa modes official in new drivers then try every one fssa mode in your display settings and run ff7 . If game will look good with any of the official fssa modes (without blocky backgrounds) and with good antialiased object then that means that nvidia made that unoficial modes official. If that will not work then you will need rivatuner and you will need to enter text into rivatuner.cfg and then run rivatuner and set special fsaa modes (everythink is explained in this topic in previous posts) But beware that this unoficial fsaa modes could have been removed from new drivers. I have no time for now to play with this new drivers.

savage-xp

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #20 on: 2004-03-16 20:49:55 »
YOU MUST download NVHardPage from Guru.

www.guru3d.com

Also because Riva Tunner is out of date , does not work well.

Bluetank

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #21 on: 2004-03-17 08:57:45 »
Well, NVHardPage does not allow tuning of Antialiasing and Antistrophic.. So its no use..

savage-xp

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #22 on: 2004-03-17 10:36:11 »
Wich card you have? Well i got an Ti 4800. Now if you got a MX card you only Got 4x AA. And MX doesnt have problems with AA and AF.

Bluetank

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #23 on: 2004-03-17 11:06:39 »
Well i got an GeForce 2 mx 200 (gonna upgrade soon) and the AA modes doesn' t work.. Yea i know I can only do up to 4x.. but now the thing is that even AA more 2x or 4x doesn't work at all.. Doesn't seems to change the settigns.. in the panel it writes there Antialising 4x but when in the game the Antialising 4x doesn't work.. So how do i fix that?

savage-xp

• View Profile
a good ideia or not
« Reply #24 on: 2004-03-17 11:52:20 »
Download the  Nvidia Detonator 41.09
and chocobo patch.