Author Topic: Ugly Graphics  (Read 3471 times)

mikeee

• View Profile
Ugly Graphics
« on: 2004-06-12 10:03:43 »
Hi all,

First of all I have red the faq but i didnt really find what i was looking for. So far all I have done is installed ff7 with the maximum installation. Thats it, no patches or anything. The graphics look really ugly on ff7, everything about it. The writing is blurry, the fighting is blurry, the characters are blurry.

The graphics card I am using is the NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go 64M (its a laptop card)

When i run ff7 config it says that everything has been passed for my graphics card. I was gonna install the Riva patch but i wasnt sure if this was the correct patch for my graphics card.

I dont want to install the AnimeVamp patch as noone recommends it.

Anyone got any ideas?

mikeee

• View Profile
Ugly Graphics
« Reply #1 on: 2004-06-12 10:20:51 »
oh btw im using windows xp :)

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
Ugly Graphics
« Reply #2 on: 2004-06-12 10:45:46 »
First things first, please dont double post.  Just edit that last post.

Next, I assume you're using a laptop right?  You will need the laptop keyboard patch...I would link, but this is only a quick post and i dont have much time.

Next, install the movie patch if your movies are screwed.

Try using Rivaturner or using the most updated drivers

Install the chocobo patch
Install the hand patch from this website
Finally hope to god you arn't cursed with the demonic Cosmo crash.

As I said, quick, to the point and probably, not much use.

Ray.

mikeee

• View Profile
Ugly Graphics
« Reply #3 on: 2004-06-12 10:53:03 »
Thanks for the reply.

Since i last posted i got a little further on my own. First of all i installed the ff7 v1.02 patch from eidos and it sorted all of my graphic problems once i turned the nvidia option off in the ff7config. However I then cracked the new ff7.exe file with a no cd patch because I mainly bought this game for travel purposes. As soon as I did this and edited the registry accordingly the videos stopped playing when i ran the game. The graphics were still fixed for the ingame and the battle sequences.

Im sure i crakced it right but im not sure why the videos have stopped playing. Any ideas?

Also what is the denomic demon crash and what is the hand patch for? Thanks.

Oh btw i did intend to edit my first post but the edit button eluded me so i thought id just reply.

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
Ugly Graphics
« Reply #4 on: 2004-06-12 11:07:08 »
Hehe no problem

The hand patch give every character model in the game...well...hands
Its just a nicety to give the game that extra niceness  :P

The reason you wont see any videos is because they are on the CD, and the CD isn't in the crive.. suggest you veiw the following guide on copying the videos to the HD and configuring the regestry to read them from a folder.

http://www.ff7-universe.com/Downloads/FF7Movietweak.txt

mikeee

• View Profile
Ugly Graphics
« Reply #5 on: 2004-06-12 11:14:12 »
Thanks a lot :)

It was a registry problem I had. I just used a reg file that came with the nocd crack to reset it all and it worked fine :)

Sometimes some of the characters on the screen disappear for about half a second and then reappear. Anyone else expericence this? Also I cant seem to find the hands patch, it does sound cool. Also whats the denomic demon patch?

Thanks again for your help mate :)

Messiah99

• View Profile
Ugly Graphics
« Reply #6 on: 2004-06-12 11:17:35 »
Quote from: mikeee
As soon as I did this and edited the registry accordingly the videos stopped playing when i ran the game.

Im sure i crakced it right but im not sure why the videos have stopped playing. Any ideas?

After you edit the registry, a common error is at the end of it, the registry key for the movies should read something like this:

Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\Movies\

That's mine, a common mistake looks like this:

Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\Movies

Notice the difference? When you edit that registry key, you must make ABSOLUTELY sure that you include that \ at the very end of the key, after the name of the actual folder you put the movies in.

Also what is the denomic demon crash

The Cosmo Canyon crash, you'll know it if it happens to you, or simply search for the "Cosmo Canyon crash" and youre sure to get at least 50 results for that, suffice to say, it sucks, and if you do have it, there is no one sure solution.

and what is the hand patch for? Thanks.

Just a nifty little thing that adds hands to the characters instead of the ackward looking blocks, but a nice aestetic touch-up.