Author Topic: Aeris's missing hand  (Read 4556 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Aeris's missing hand
« on: 2010-05-22 05:27:27 »
ight, im about ready to go to bed, but before i do, i wanna ask about a strange thing that just happened to me

i was playing the game, and the scene where Cloud meets aeris right after bombing the first reactor starts, but i see at the bottom some red letters about not being able to use a file or something like that, then i see Aeris, and, well, her left hand was missing.

i get the feeling this will continue for the rest of the game unless i know a fix

has anyone ever encountered this or know my problem, anyway, lemme know, i'll check answers tomorrow, nighty night people.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Re: Aeris's missing hand
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-23 13:00:48 »
I'm pretty sure its something missing in your char.lgp and maybe its the .p file of Aeris hand. But in the red text what does it say?? It will be much easier to help you that way. :)

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-23 13:02:36 »
Cloud meets Aeris after the bombing of Reactor 5, not 1. :D

I've never experienced this problem before. Maybe it is one of the mods you used. Maybe you didn't apply it correctly.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-23 13:39:22 »
Cloud meets Aeris after the bombing of Reactor 5, not 1. :D

I've never experienced this problem before. Maybe it is one of the mods you used. Maybe you didn't apply it correctly.

You meet Aries first time in the street after bombing Reactor No1 (where you can buy a flower) and then again after reactor 5 where you fall through the roof.

ight, im about ready to go to bed, but before i do, i wanna ask about a strange thing that just happened to me

i was playing the game, and the scene where Cloud meets aeris right after bombing the first reactor starts, but i see at the bottom some red letters about not being able to use a file or something like that, then i see Aeris, and, well, her left hand was missing.

i get the feeling this will continue for the rest of the game unless i know a fix

has anyone ever encountered this or know my problem, anyway, lemme know, i'll check answers tomorrow, nighty night people.
I haven't had this happen but if you post the error it may help locate the problem (i mean post the app.log when the error happens)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-23 16:02:22 »
heres the problem guys, the thing is, the red text was both to fast, and the background wasn't a good color, add that to my colorblindness, and i could read very little of the red text before it dissapeared.

i'm using mods i've always used before, never encountered this problem and darkfang, trust me, i installed them correctly.

it may be a missing .p file, but i can't check without knowing what the name of the file is, and at the moment, i got no clue.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-23 16:19:24 »
Hmm why don't you try what kranmer said. I think the red text is saved or encoded in the app.log. If you're using Ficedula's FF7 Music there's also an app.log for that. Post it now and you're problem will be gone!! ;)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-23 16:47:26 »
looked through the app.log and this is what i found

ERROR: failed to find file char/l_hand.RSD (LGP) (path: )
ERROR: offset error: l_hand.RSD
ERROR: could not open file l_hand.RSD

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-23 17:26:54 »
Well from what I know .rsd files are saved when I use kimera. Have you installed any mods lately?? Or it seems that you have accidentally deleted this file when you were recompiling in your lgp. If you have a backup use it then install what mod you used again or if you like you can still dig at the PRP patch and find the file there which will be much longer to do.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-23 17:28:25 »
Well from what I know .rsd files are saved when I use kimera. Have you installed any mods lately?? Or it seems that you have accidentally deleted this file when you were recompiling in your lgp. If you have a backup use it then install what mod you used again or if you like you can still dig at the PRP patch and find the file there which will be much longer to do.

nah, i'll just redo the NPC rp, might have happened while i was screwing around with trying to get APZ as a field model