Author Topic: FF7 Music (outdated)  (Read 297894 times)

Re: STICKY: FF7 Music
« Reply #275 on: 2009-05-30 05:54:35 »
IS this the Mod that can replace all the sounds with that of the PSX version of the game??? I mean i know its mainly for music.. but can it replace the sound effects too???

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2009-05-30 07:06:11 »
Well I have tried the in_mad.dll and I have tried pretty much everything I can think of...

But bein new to vista X64 doesnt help.  I can't get ANY sound from ff7music....not mp3 not psf....zip

« Reply #277 on: 2009-05-30 07:09:47 »
I'm using Vista too... i cant get this to work...
But the thing I'm looking for is to replace all the sounds with that of the PSX version.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2009-05-30 07:23:01 »
If you can't get PSF to work either, the problem might be with your out_wave.dll. The one from winamp 2.7 should probably work.

Another thing to be weary of is that FF7Music throws a fit if your files aren't in the right place. Instead of "C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\MYMP3FILEZ\", you should put the replacement songs (and probably also the winamp plugins) in a directory with a much shorter path and no spaces, such as "C:\FF7MP3s\". Keep in mind, FF7music needs to stay in the ficedula folder, it's only the songs and plugins you want to move.

« Reply #279 on: 2009-05-30 07:28:44 »
PSF??? I have never heard of this? What is it... and where do i find it?

WOW i'm an idiot.. i just remembered that PSF is the original PSX songs xD
« Last Edit: 2009-05-30 22:40:10 by BrokenCrowe »

terminater27

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2009-05-30 22:27:55 »
I keep getting access violation errors when I try to use the winamp plugins.
Does anyone know how to get around this? Also is FF7Music compatible with PRP and Aalis custom graphics driver?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2009-05-31 00:01:54 »
Having an issue, FF7 music doesn't tell a file to stop playing when it should, So if i do a lot of battles in a short time, there will be as many field and battle music as i went to the field and battle.. Any idea why this is?

Also is there a way just to remove the midi's in the lgp that holds the music and put the files in there? Or would i need to convert mp3's to midi?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2009-05-31 01:05:21 »
I keep getting access violation errors when I try to use the winamp plugins.
Does anyone know how to get around this? Also is FF7Music compatible with PRP and Aalis custom graphics driver?
terminator, you are using too new a version of the Winamp plugins. They changed something at some point. As I said a few posts ago, "The one from winamp 2.7 should probably work."

Eventually I'm probably going to upload a zip file with all the necessary files (except the music itself, of course), as well as make a tutorial to use it. The tutorial at the beginning of this thread was once good, but has become outdated, and doesn't offer solutions to all the problems people have run into, particularly with Windows Vista and x64.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2009-05-31 01:10:19 »
I have tried 2.7

Tried everything suggested and lots more....

still nothing. No psf no mp3....

« Reply #284 on: 2009-05-31 03:50:43 »
I can't tell if i got it to work or not....... it sounds like Midi to me but..... and the FF7 music initialize says MIDI is playing SUCCESSFULLY..

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss203/BrokenCrowe/Midiproblems.jpg

here, here is a screen shot

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2009-05-31 04:03:45 »
I've written a new tutorial, detailing every exact step I used to get it to work on my Win7 x64 rig. The same steps should apply for earlier versions of Windows as well.

« Reply #286 on: 2009-05-31 04:28:05 »
Thank you so much.. that tutorial solved everything...
:D

Thank you,
Broken Crow

*edit* just one problem... when i go to rename all the mp3... my computer doesnt read em........so i stuck with the original names such as (The Mark of a Traitor) and my PC ran em fine..

But when I'm in the Shinra building(the one in Midgar) it starts playing Final Fantasy 7 Main theme..........
« Last Edit: 2009-06-01 02:27:49 by BrokenCrowe »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2009-06-01 02:40:21 »
BrokenCrowe: Double check that you have the following names:

sinra should be Disc 1 track 9 - Shinra Corporation
sinraslo should be Disc 1 track 19 -  Infiltrating Shinra Tower

I can't remember which one plays at this point in the game, but if it's playing the wrong song altogether then you almost certainly either have the wrong song set within FF7Music or one of your MP3 files is named wrong.

« Reply #288 on: 2009-06-01 02:44:12 »
I have those...
I checked they are in my Fidecula's folder...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2009-06-01 02:49:08 »
Did you play these MP3s in your favorite MP3 software to make sure that they are in fact the correct songs, and not misnamed?
Did you check in FF7Music to make sure that sinra and sinraslo actually direct to those two songs?

I have double checked, and the ini distributed in the tutorial does not have any issues with this.

When I was setting up my ini file, I accidentally set up the victory theme as electric de chocobo at first, but I quickly fixed that. :)

« Reply #290 on: 2009-06-01 02:51:57 »
yes yes,,, and maybe ( how do i direct to a song)
(wow i am dumb xD.... i took one look at it... and fixed it......xD)

sorry,

and

Thank you :D
« Last Edit: 2009-06-01 05:17:11 by BrokenCrowe »

Chris

« Reply #291 on: 2009-06-05 10:39:20 »
Quick question, where can I get the songs  :oops:

Sounds a bit nubby but I've been searching for a pack EVERYWHERE!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2009-06-05 16:58:27 »
Zophar.net has the PSF songs. Don't know where you can find it in MP3 though.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2009-06-06 23:45:01 »
MP3 are practically everywhere if you look.  The obvious places and even game sites.  :)

Kindo

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2009-06-07 04:13:36 »
Ok, I HATE that ff7music :D I love it- and hate it :D

I love it- because I LOVE that mp3's :D

I hate it- because I HATE it, when I change a room and go into another and the music file restarts^^

Is that a bug? Or is that a ff7music Special :D

Thx for help ;)

Deniz

Has this been solved by anyone? I have the exact same problem - whenever I zone into a new area, the current music track restarts from the beginning.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-07 04:17:07 by Kindo »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2009-06-07 04:58:48 »
I think the problem of it restarting when you change rooms is caused by having the midi disabled.  But honestly I can't really remember how I fixed that anymore.
Also if you deleted all the files in the midi.lgp or any of the other midi LGP's I think that also causes it because FF7Music isn't a standalone program.  So when you change rooms, the midi needed isn't technically running so the ff7 program searches for it all over again.

Hope this helps or provides some kind of insight

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2009-06-07 06:02:00 »
No, obesebear, it even does that if you don't delete the stuff in midi.lgp.

Kindo

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2009-06-07 10:52:22 »
I think the problem of it restarting when you change rooms is caused by having the midi disabled.  But honestly I can't really remember how I fixed that anymore.
Also if you deleted all the files in the midi.lgp or any of the other midi LGP's I think that also causes it because FF7Music isn't a standalone program.  So when you change rooms, the midi needed isn't technically running so the ff7 program searches for it all over again.

No, obesebear, it even does that if you don't delete the stuff in midi.lgp.

Hmm... Well, I need to delete those midis in order to get rid of them while playing my custom MP3 soundtrack (LoopBe1 program doesn't solve the problem for me, for som reason), so even if that was the cause of this problem, I would first need to find some other way to mute midi. It's odd... I have the exact same system set-up as I had a year ago, and back then, I managed to get this working perfectly. I do wonder what's wrong...

EDIT: Actually, this did fix the problem! I restored the midifiles in midi.lgp (copied over the ontouched copy from the disk), and now the music no longer restarts upon zoning. Now, however, the sound volume is extremely low - barely audible. I'll keep fiddling.

EDIT 2: My hard-to-hear audio was obviously the result of poor sound set-up on my end. I just had to change some devices around, so now it's all good. The game is running just as perfectly as it did a year ago, with enhanced 3D models, higher resolution, and my own, custom soundtrack playing to my ears' great pleasure! The only problem I see now is that now that I'm on a widescreen monitor, the image doesn't quite cut it for me, but that's a topic for another forum thread. :)
« Last Edit: 2009-06-07 11:04:58 by Kindo »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2009-06-07 18:04:02 »

EDIT: Actually, this did fix the problem! I restored the midifiles in midi.lgp (copied over the ontouched copy from the disk), and now the music no longer restarts upon zoning. Now, however, the sound volume is extremely low - barely audible. I'll keep fiddling.

EDIT 2: My hard-to-hear audio was obviously the result of poor sound set-up on my end. I just had to change some devices around, so now it's all good. The game is running just as perfectly as it did a year ago, with enhanced 3D models, higher resolution, and my own, custom soundtrack playing to my ears' great pleasure! The only problem I see now is that now that I'm on a widescreen monitor, the image doesn't quite cut it for me, but that's a topic for another forum thread. :)
Well I'm glad that worked for you  :-D
The one problem I found with it though, is in order to hear some SFX the midi volume has to be up.  This means that the nice PSF's or MP3's will be accompanied by the annoying midi music. 

One way to fix this, maybe, is to open each individual midi and change it to a blank noise.  Unfortunately though, I was never able to test this theory

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2009-06-13 00:06:49 »
heh i tried vista but with all the compatability problems i went back to XP