Author Topic: the FF7 Music  (Read 1929 times)

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
the FF7 Music
« on: 2009-04-07 05:21:10 »
i hate the midis used in the PC version of FF7 and was wondering if it was possible for me to compile the mp3's or the psf's of all the songs and use them instead without converting them to midi format? (because then they'd sound like the current midi's right?) is this possible? i don't understand how to use FF7 Music and yeah some help would be appreciated xD

i have looked into it and searched around quite a bit and couldn't really find anything to answer my question. also, i know that most likely this may require hex editing, i'll say this point blank, i am a major ditz >.> but i would try :D! i bought the soundtrack and have every piece of music used in the PS version.. (hope i posted this in the right place) also, before i forget, i Have tried to use the FF7Music program, but i can't figure out how to get it work at all, even with the guides on this site x.x -points to im a ditz remark-

but yeah,

any information, comments, etc. are appreciated. :3

Thanks~

Landarma

• View Profile
Re: the FF7 Music
« Reply #1 on: 2009-04-07 08:12:31 »
If you're using Windows XP, you can search for Yamaha softsynth XG50 WDM.  Unfortunately, it may not work with Vista..
Or, you can use TWSynth(MIDI device version of TiMidity++) and soundfonts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LpA13h93BQ

Just doing that, MIDI sound can be improved.