Author Topic: More WinXP crashes (FF7)  (Read 3308 times)

Nauthiz

More WinXP crashes (FF7)
« on: 2003-07-02 03:02:36 »
I had to format/reinstall WinXP (had lots of virus etc i couldn't get rid of).
FF7 worked perfectly befor I reinstalled WinXP expect the movies were upside down and the true motion patch would crash befor i could install it.
Anyway, I updated all my video/sound card drivers after in reinstalled Winxp, got the SP1, then installed FF7 configged it like i had it befor, tried to open it but it crashed two secs after i opened it (Might of crashed cause of the FMV). So i got all the patches for FF7 at Edios.com, installed them one by one, none of them did sh*t, even tried FF7 XP patch 1.4, nothing.

If anyone has had this problem befor and fixed it help me out.
Or redirect me.

Nauthiz

More WinXP crashes (FF7)
« Reply #1 on: 2003-07-02 06:13:41 »
Ignore my last post, I got it working.
But now the fmv/movies don't play (blank/no audio).
So...I can't watch any fmvs or the game will lock-up (expect the edios logo).

HELP!  :o

Rubicant

• View Profile
More WinXP crashes (FF7)
« Reply #2 on: 2003-07-02 07:07:48 »
So you say the eidos logo will work, but nothing else...? The Eidos logo has perfect audio&video, while the other movies are blank screens. It doesn't make any sense. My question: Did you actually BUY the game?

Nauthiz

More WinXP crashes (FF7)
« Reply #3 on: 2003-07-02 08:11:16 »
I didn't say that, I said the only fmv that doesn't make the game "lock-up"
is the edios logo, but it's still blank. Everything eles in the game minigames/battles/worldmap etc work perfect, it's just the fmv locks-up my game. I didn't buy the game my friend burnt me a copy of his cause it's not sold in Canada anymore(correct me if i'm wrong).

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
More WinXP crashes (FF7)
« Reply #4 on: 2003-07-02 22:15:12 »
I'm afraid we don't support unoffocial copies of the game.  A bad burn may be your problem.

Anyway, you can probably find the game on eBay but its hard to find a new copy sold anywhere.

Rubicant

• View Profile
More WinXP crashes (FF7)
« Reply #5 on: 2003-07-02 22:22:55 »
We should really make this clear:

If you REALLY want the game to work without any problems, hissy fits, temper tantrums, etc., then play it on an older version of windows. Windows 98SE and WinME will work fine with the game (even though WinME sucks bad). You should definately expect problems with ff7 and winxp/2k. But the chocobo patch has worked out o.k. That one's good. It seems that in this case our friend cannot run the duck truemotion patch unconditionally. Which may point out a compatability problem. Or not; On the other hand....

I really doubt that the duck truemotion patch would all of a sudden screw up, even on a clean install of winxp. I would definately suspect more Computer Viri (viruses sounds so wrong; I would slap the english dictionary if it was a person) creeping around your computer. Or, you're just pulling our chain to give you movies. Not that I don't trust your integrity, Nauthiz, but it seems that anyone will do anything for everything. For free, that is.

Nauthiz

More WinXP crashes (FF7)
« Reply #6 on: 2003-07-02 23:09:48 »
I got it working, thanks for the help :P
Seems to be working with WinXP like it was Win95 now, expect the fmv's got no audio, but there the right side-up :D
I can live with no audio, but not standing on my head each time a fmv pops up.

If i needed the fmvs I prob would of asked, I don't like getting my *chain* pulled so i don't pull other ppls chains.

Jedimark

• View Profile
More WinXP crashes (FF7)
« Reply #7 on: 2003-07-02 23:19:33 »
Your.... chain :-?