Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4926504 times)

AhBeng2

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9991)
« Reply #11500 on: 2023-06-15 09:32:08 »
sorry for the repeat post. Where is the X-attack/2x cut materia? I found it normally on my first playthrough but am having trouble remembering where it is on my second playthrough. currently at the glacier

Spoiler: show

2x cut materia is obtained from the cave at the Da Chao statue in Wutai using the Leviathan scales (on Disc 3 by fighting Godo the second time in the pagoda).

X-attack materia is obtained by exchanging the desert rose (Ruby Weapon drop) with the Kalm traveller, IIRC.

loafman

• View Profile
« Reply #11501 on: 2023-06-28 17:47:02 »
Sega!  Registered an account here to tell you what a fantastic job you've done on this mod.  FF7 has been my favorite game since i played it in the 90s but I havent been able to enjoy a playthrough of the vanilla version due to slow pace, low level of difficulty, etc.  You nailed it and I've been having a blast with the mod.  Thank you!

A couple bugs to report in 2.0.9991:

during the Corel Huge Materia train fights, Aeris' commands do not animate about 50% of turns.  I believe the actions still have effect, but no graphical indication is present.  For example, I cast Cure 3 and only see her HP count increase with no other indicators.

I believe there's a bug with one of the 1/35th soldiers, I remember picking up every one on my first entry into their respective area per the documentation, but I still only have 11.  I have doubled (and tripled) back and checked all locations and there are none to be picked up.  The only one I do not vividly remember collecting is the one in Gongaga.  Sorry i cant be more precise.

General feedback:

The game is an excellent challenge 95% of the way through but I think the W-Item glitch breaks the game in the late stages.  Unlimited Megalixirs and Gospel Sparks made Shinryu and Omega cake, when previously I'd lost to them 12 times in a row.  I still need to fight Ozma, Ruby and Emerald but i think the same principle applies.  Infinite invincibility shouldnt exist.

I would also suggest a slight late-game difficulty boost.  Ultima Weapon and Godo (2nd round) were pushovers even with Yuffie, who's never been in my party (if i can help it).  Still need to give Lucrecia, Omega Cait Sith and others a shot, but I cannot imagine they'd be much different.  It would be cool if the difficulty factor was somewhere near FFX's final weapon challenges.  Like extremely hard, but not quite impossible.  It would give the game a lot more depth and playability.  Currently I dont feel compelled to even fight these bonus bosses after other similar encounters proved so easy.

But most importantly: FF8NT!   :D

shwamuel

• View Profile
« Reply #11502 on: 2023-07-02 05:13:19 »
Hello,
Not sure if i missed it somewhere but while playing New Threat I noticed that White Wind now gets reflected, was this an intended change?

Howzier

• View Profile
« Reply #11503 on: 2023-07-10 21:52:59 »
How many kills do you need for limit break 2 for everyone? This needs to be in the douc because I don't know if this is a bug or not.

ItsSevenD

• View Profile
« Reply #11504 on: 2023-07-13 15:43:51 »
My game crashes whenever i change screen i.e. open item menu, encounter random battle, or enter another room. This never happened months ago before FFNx was introduced, but once i updated everything and ran my game, it was never able to open these screens except with New Threat turned off. can anyone help?? Multiple people have had this issue upon researching, but i could not find a solution

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11505 on: 2023-07-14 06:35:04 »
My game crashes whenever i change screen i.e. open item menu, encounter random battle, or enter another room. This never happened months ago before FFNx was introduced, but once i updated everything and ran my game, it was never able to open these screens except with New Threat turned off. can anyone help?? Multiple people have had this issue upon researching, but i could not find a solution

Howzier

• View Profile
« Reply #11506 on: 2023-07-14 23:40:43 »
Can I save A in path A? I really don't want to restart because I saw the SP system. Pls respond.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: 2023-07-19 06:51:41 »
Can I save A in path A? I really don't want to restart because I saw the SP system. Pls respond.

Its possible save before going up the pillars, the sp system will change to say x/4 rather than the x/2 if save her

Higgenbobber

• View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: 2023-07-28 16:43:15 »
What's to gain from completing all the Fort Condor stuff?  I feel like I've done so many at this point and it's such a boring minigame.  I'm a bit of a completionist but I don't think I can do it anymore. 

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9992)
« Reply #11509 on: 2023-07-29 18:04:45 »
What's to gain from completing all the Fort Condor stuff?  I feel like I've done so many at this point and it's such a boring minigame.  I'm a bit of a completionist but I don't think I can do it anymore. 

Everything from it can be acquired elsewhere; it's typically weapons that are a tier ahead of what's available at the time, items, stuff like that. Doing all of it without a battle lost gives an extra Masamune that can be equipped on any character but this weapon can also be acquired by giving materials to the weaponsmith who lives in the blue house on the world map near Gongaga (Disc 3).

Mod updated to v2.0992, patch notes below. This update has some extra IRO options available which can be configured in 7th Heaven.

New IRO Options
*) Relax Mode: Applies the following parameters-
   Enemy HP, Strength, and Magic reduced by 10%
   Enemy Level reduced by 20%
   Enemy Defence & Magic Defence reduced by 30%
   EXP & AP received increased by 20%
   Gil received increased by 50%

Other Adjustments:
   Steal rates for weapons in the North Crater increased
   Attacks for certain bosses adjusted (some status ailments removed, base power reduction, etc.)
   Some boss parameters and AI manually adjusted (speed nerfs, etc.)

*) Struggle Mode: Planned for a future release (will replace Hard Mode)

*) Triple-Linked Slots: Materia slots with 3-linked slots can be used.
   Requires PostScriptThree's IRO to be active and to have the 'On' setting.

Enemy Changes & Bugfixes
*) Removed element from Aurora Fence (Whirlwind Maze boss) to prevent an unintended status flag switch and made the attack more consistent with the version used later (albeit weaker)
*) Changed Morph for Lost Number's Magic Form from Enhance Sword to Crystal Bangle
*) Changed Mustard Bomb's animation (original had no audio)
*) Defence & Magic Defence nerf for enemies in Gelnika, Ancient Forest, Midgar Raid, and North Crater (including Disc 3 extra bosses)
*) Corrected AI text for Emerald Weapon (was referring the 1.5 enemy name, Carmine)
*) Kimara Bug given check to not use Stop Web if only one active character (for Battle Square encounter)
*) Issue where Senior Grunt could try to attack before assigning an attack ID to its variable (produced 'out of MP' message)
*) Targeting issue with Maximum Chimera's Dusty Gale counter (and renamed to display [Counter]
*) Issue where Malldancer would target its allies with Leaf Dance
*) Text issue on an attack in Special Battle
*) Name of Lusus Mark added with a space at the end to separate the A and B identifier
*) Incorrect name displayed in AI for Hurricanranu enemy
*) Rocket Buster boss HP & defences reduced
*) Elena's Light Curtain item renamed to Lunar Curtain
*) Changed Grenade Bomb animation for Train Driver enemy (potential softlock when Vincent transformation is pending)
*) SOLDIER: 3rd Stats tweaked (Air Buster fight & Floor 67 of Shinra HQ)

Balancing Tweaks
*) Kill requirements on Limit Breaks reduced for all characters

Spells
*) Renew: Base power doubled to 150, MP cost reduced to 45
*) Goblin Song now only inflicts Fury on enemies (30% accuracy reduction), revive effect removed
*) Comet & Comet2 base power reduced by 5 (25, and 22 respectively)
*) Base power of tier3 elemental spells and Planet/Contain elemental spells raised by 10
*) Osmose MP cost set to 0
*) MP Cost of Bahamut ZERO and KOTR reduced, base power of Bahamut ZERO and KOTR reduced
*) Typhon Materia erroneously had Gravity as its element instead of Wind
*) Ultima Materia changed to Hidden element (spell is still non-elemental)
*) Kjata Materia set to carry the Earth element
*) Updated Exp Plus and Gil Plus to display modifier bonus in their Materia description
*) Quadra Magic upgraded to Octa Magic

Materia AP Changes
*) All Materia: AP requirement for Master reduced from 100k to 25k
*) Command Counter & Magic Counter: AP requirement for Master reduced from 100k to 80k
*) MP Turbo: AP requirement for Master reduced from 100k to 90k
*) HP/MP Absorb: AP requirement for Master reduced from 100k to 10k
*) Sneak Attack: AP requirement for Master reduced from 100k to 25k
*) Added Cut/Steal: AP requirement for Master reduced from 100k to 50k
*) Steal: AP required for Master reduced from 84k to 12k
*) Sense: AP required for Master reduced from 84k to 5k
*) Flash: AP required for Master reduced from 50k to 15k
*) Throw: AP required for Master reduced from 90k to 35k
*) Deathblow: AP required for Master reduced from 100k to 70k
*) Manipulate: AP required for Master reduced from 100k to 25k
*) Core: AP required for Master increased from 25k to 100k
*) Fire/Ice/Thunder/Earth/Restore/Poison/Gravity: AP required for each level adjusted
*) Heal: 2-Star (25k AP) required to activate Esuna, AP requirements adjusted
*) Revive: AP requirements for Life2 adjusted from 20k to 90k
*) Seal/Mystify/Transform/Exit: AP requirements for Master reduced
*) Barrier: AP requirements for Master reduced from 100k to 80k
*) Hydro: AP required for Master reduced from 100k to 50k
*) Time: AP required for each level adjusted
*) Osmose: AP required for master reduced from 170k to 50k
*) Pearl: AP required for master reduced from 100k to 55k
*) Destruct: AP required for master reduced from 100k to 70k
*) Counter Attack: AP required for master increased from 30k to 45k
*) HP<->MP Swap and Exp Plus set to drop as mastered

Splinter Materia (duplicate single spell Materia)
*) MBarrier: AP required for Master reduced from 70k to 25k
*) Slow: AP required for Master reduced from 70k to 30k
*) Break/Tornado/Dispel/Reflect: AP required for Master reduced

Materia Prices
*) Mastered Materia prices adjusted
*) Unique Materia that is acquired as Mastered/1-Star sells for 30k

Equipment
*) Removed Ignore Defence flag from several weapons, replaced with stat bonuses & tweaks
*) Nerf to Wizard Bracelet defensive stats (15/15), 7/7 for defensive and evasion stats)
*) Ziedrich given 50/50 and 15/15 for defensive and evasion stats
*) Prices adjusted on items
   Weapon prices reduced by 20%
   Ancient weapons set to 20k (sells for 10k)
   Endgame weapons given a higher selling price
   Ultimate weapons set to 20 million (sells for 10 million)
   Rare item selling prices tweaked

Statuses
*) Slow-Numb timer increased to 45s from 30s
*) Poison tick timer made 50% slower (2 action ticks = 1 poison tick, down from 1 action tick = 1 poison tick)
*) Sleep duration reduced by half
*) Dual-Drain (Reverse-Regen) duration reduced by half

Field Script & Event Changes/Bugfixes
*) Fixed issue where some of the soldiers in the command room would disappear once Barret operated the panel
*) A secret encounter was made unmissable and can be accessed on Type A and Type B
*) Reno added to Type B Mythril Mines scene
*) Set Party Swap to only be available from the Highwind once the bottom of the North Crater has been reached (an old countermeasure that warped players back to the Highwind if accessing the Crater with a different party leader before the split-up event has been resolved is now deactivated)
*) Set 2nd Long Range Materia to not be visible if picked up earlier in the game (Rocket Town)
*) Fixed softlock on Cait Sith sidequest on Disc 3 when arriving at the white screen
*) Changed Silver Chocobo Dialogue to not mention something on Type A run
*) Adjusted Silver Chocobo Warp destination to prevent a softlock when using Tifa/Cid as party leader
*) For the last 60s of the Mako Reactor 1 countdown, random battles are disabled
*) When returning to the cargo car on the train, some characters would be placed erroneously
*) Prevented return to the Church right away after escaping Reno & Co.
*) Added an accessory reward for getting picked by Corneo
*) Whirlwind Maze; players are knocked through the wind rather than away, to help with progression
*) Icicle Inn; fixed issue where a character would disappear under certain conditions
*) Icicle Inn; fixed scripts for Tifa in the Inn
*) Updated Whirlwind Maze Nibel scene for some characters
*) Merged in the Type B control panel scene into both types as part of event progression
*) Added an extra event line to prevent Barret from reaching Rufus and co. in the control room
*) Wrong battle being used for the Weapon Raid event when entering the control room
*) Improvements to scene during Weapon Raid when meeting Yuffie
*) Re-added guards to junon after weapon raid (inaccessible area with open door, just a cosmetic tweak to explain inaccessibility)
*) Small animation issue when going down to the underwater reactor and talking to the guards as either Tifa or Cid as party leader
*) Wonder Square prizes have been given their actual names instead of ????
*) Added Wonder Square prize exchange to the Chocobo Square NPC at the Exchange desk
*) Betting on S-Rank Chocobo races now requires a Gold Ticket (doesn't affect player chocobo races)
*) Changed music for Vincent's boss fight on Disc 3 & dialogue
*) You now see the clean version of Floor 67 when returning to Midgar HQ on Disc 2
*) Fixed scene with Tifa under the highwind so that either version can be triggered based on dialogue choice
*) Fixed invisible Gondola
*) Added 75% reductions to stored BP when prizes change after receiving the buggy and bronco
*) Updated text on an unused item
*) Junon Weapon Raid event progression now uses both Type A and Type B events together
*) Wrong encounter on Junon Weapon Raid Type B in the control room
*) Fixed jumping animations for Tifa and Cid as party leaders in North Crater
*) Added Cait Sith to Icicle Inn (part of 'talk to party in towns' feature)

//Dialogue
*) Dialogue adjustment for opening of Type B (character name shown before naming screen)
*) Adjusted dialogue where 'everyday' was used erroneously in some cases instead of 'every day'
*) Adjusted Jessie's ladder dialogue
*) Train passenger's dialogue referring to the news
*) Train conductor's line regarding trains leaving Midgar
*) Tifa's line referring to the bar as a shop
*) Wedge's dialogue about Tifa's cooking
*) Beginner's Hall (SP system, status colours to indicate curing method, dialogue box placement for the two fighting boys)
*) Consistency naming for Aeris/Elmyra's House (went with Aeris' House)
*) Moved dialogue boxes around for the pillar escape scene
*) Text involving the locked chests on Floor 59's shop
*) President Shinra's dialogue on Floor 66 with Hojo mistakenly used a Type B line for both modes, which would make the Type A dialogue not make sense
*) Aeris dialogue when trying to interact with elevators etc. in the lobby during escape
*) Cloud's line when remembering the entire letter in the Nibel Flashback
*) Cloud dialogue in flashback when trying to go to Mt. nibel early
*) Dialogue of man at entrance to Kalm
*) Weapon Raid between Rufus & Heidegger
*) Weapon Raid, when meeting Yuffie
*) Gaea Amulet updated: Luck +50 instead of Spirit +30 (was redundant next to a Phoenix Ring)
*) PHS disabled on Highwind bridge for Tifa when entering Highwind for the first time
*) Vincent dialogue on Highwind when Tifa enters the bridge for the first time
*) Set a character to not appear on the deck when entering the bridge for the first time
*) Missing 'to' in Barret's line for Disc 2 in the Chocobo Ranch
*) Minor alteration to choco billy's lines about empty stables
*) Minor alteration to lower junon item store owner's dialogue
*) Meteor dialogue added for Red XIII in Icicle Inn
*) Meteor dialogue added for Barret in Cosmo Canyon
*) Typo on Bugenhagen dialogue when talking about Cloud's fall into the lifestream
*) Dialogue when interacting with the little silver chocobo in Mideel
*) Red dialogue in Mideel
*) Palmer dialogue during the Huge Materia scene
*) Fix for old man's greeting in Mideel when talked to as Cid
*) Echo Drop instead of Echo Drops in Junon pickup
*) Updated name of cave where Alexander Materia is found
*) Updated description of Ink to use Darkness instead of Blind
*) Incomplete line in North Corel (post train)
*) Extra 'this' on nurse's line in Mideel
*) Missing 'me' on cloud's line in Cloud's Memory scenes in Mideel
*) Adjusted Parade trooper dialogue on the submarine
*) Dialogue between Cid and the crew during rocket launch against Meteor
*) Cloud dialogue in Bugenhagen's observatory
*) Bugen dialogue in Forgotten City
*) Hojo dialogue on the cannon, if you've already seen Lucrecia
*) Curse Ring displayed text as Cursed Ring when picked up

Midnight Angel

• View Profile
« Reply #11510 on: 2023-07-31 14:53:40 »
Hello Sega;

thank you for the great mod!

I did, however, stumble across two things I don't know whether or not they are intentional:

1) 1/35 Soldiers: There's one in
Nibelheim
that can be picked up
during the Kalm Flashback.

Is this intentional?

2) It seems that
Midgar Zolom
is not immune to
the Mini Status.

I tossed a LV Suicide at it (which works regardless of level in your mod) and came to the hilarious effect that
a shrunk Zolom, still considerably larger that any character, inflicted a measly 1 point of damage with its bite.

Needless to say, this makes the battle considerably easier - intention or oversight?

Cheers, and once again: Thank you!
« Last Edit: 2023-07-31 15:37:27 by Midnight Angel »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11511 on: 2023-08-01 02:12:18 »
Hello Sega;

thank you for the great mod!

I did, however, stumble across two things I don't know whether or not they are intentional:

1) 1/35 Soldiers: There's one in
Nibelheim
that can be picked up
during the Kalm Flashback.

Is this intentional?

2) It seems that
Midgar Zolom
is not immune to
the Mini Status.

I tossed a LV Suicide at it (which works regardless of level in your mod) and came to the hilarious effect that
a shrunk Zolom, still considerably larger that any character, inflicted a measly 1 point of damage with its bite.

Needless to say, this makes the battle considerably easier - intention or oversight?

Cheers, and once again: Thank you!

Nibelheim pickup wasn't intentional; it slipped my notes I think or my fix didn't work.

As time passes it gets more difficult to say what was intentional or not in the battles; I reckon it is though as it'd be a good incentive for getting L4 Suicide and I was focusing a lot on making stuff you get be useful for something that comes a little later (for instance, the Black Veil item in Junon helps in the Jenova BIRTH boss fight as it blocks instant-KO on one character).

Chocobill

• View Profile
« Reply #11512 on: 2023-08-01 02:23:42 »
Sorry if this has been answered before but when I equip the ultima weapon cloud always misses. Is this intentional or could I have installed it wrong? Love this mod, but being essentially unable to use a weapon is a pain. Help is appreciated thank you.

Chocobill

• View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: 2023-08-01 03:02:23 »
Also tells me game was not started with new threat 2.0 installed the first time I save despite having it installed

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11514 on: 2023-08-01 06:34:14 »
Sorry if this has been answered before but when I equip the ultima weapon cloud always misses. Is this intentional or could I have installed it wrong? Love this mod, but being essentially unable to use a weapon is a pain. Help is appreciated thank you.

have you got addedeffect any status effecting materia equipped if an enemy is immune to a status that can cause miss. same regards elemental-element

eg if odin+added effect which inflicts ko, and enemy immune to death then it will always miss. same regards likes of elemental-bio  etc. ensure status blind isnt inflicted.

you can check to see if mod was installed correctly upon game start theres a few things which the readme contained lets you know about, such as first battle/materia and checking if item reactorbomb or something like that is in it. alongside potions showing 300hp rather than default 100. fire spell if hit assist should give description 1% defense reduction or simular, alongside spell mp costs are different.

Iecerint

• View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: 2023-08-01 16:19:48 »
I'm working on trying to install this on Steam Deck with whatever UI mods can work along with it and I'm trying to rule-out what's an issue with 7th Heaven, what's an issue with other, and what's an issue with Steam Deck. I'll try installing on PC first. I'm wondering if folks could recommend some accompanying graphical mods.

I remember I couldn't figure this out when I played 1.5 back in 2020 and enjoyed with vanilla graphics, which was still fun, but thought I'd ask. Maybe another place is more appropriate to ask.

Chocobill

• View Profile
« Reply #11516 on: 2023-08-01 21:23:18 »
have you got addedeffect any status effecting materia equipped if an enemy is immune to a status that can cause miss. same regards elemental-element

eg if odin+added effect which inflicts ko, and enemy immune to death then it will always miss. same regards likes of elemental-bio  etc. ensure status blind isnt inflicted.

you can check to see if mod was installed correctly upon game start theres a few things which the readme contained lets you know about, such as first battle/materia and checking if item reactorbomb or something like that is in it. alongside potions showing 300hp rather than default 100. fire spell if hit assist should give description 1% defense reduction or simular, alongside spell mp costs are different.
Thank you for responding. Tested again. All the installation tests passed, just for some reason equipping ultimate weapons makes attacks with them always missed. Only started happening with most recent new threat update.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: 2023-08-02 01:43:18 »

I checked and it seems that a flag was enabled by mistake, the 'Miss if not dead' one used by revive spells. I'll need to do a patch to sort this out.

Also tells me game was not started with new threat 2.0 installed the first time I save despite having it installed

This occurs if either the kernel isn't patched (which is unlikely as you have that bug with the Ultima Weapon) or if the player starts from a non 2.0 save file in Reactor 1 instead of a new game. If you did start from a new game, then I'll take a look into the logic that checks for this.

I'm working on trying to install this on Steam Deck with whatever UI mods can work along with it and I'm trying to rule-out what's an issue with 7th Heaven, what's an issue with other, and what's an issue with Steam Deck. I'll try installing on PC first. I'm wondering if folks could recommend some accompanying graphical mods.

I remember I couldn't figure this out when I played 1.5 back in 2020 and enjoyed with vanilla graphics, which was still fun, but thought I'd ask. Maybe another place is more appropriate to ask.

I'm not familiar with Steam Deck I'm afraid; we have a qhimm discord that might be able to help though (if you're not there already: https://discord.gg/eXkP8Jev)

ZackSix

• View Profile
« Reply #11518 on: 2023-08-02 23:21:53 »
I'm using the Combat Mode version of New Threat 2. I would like to ask if there's a Black Chocobo save editor modified in order to treat correctly the new additions reported in this mod, and if not, if you have informations about the possibility, for the creator of the editor, to support it in the future.

Thanks.

Barg

• View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: 2023-08-03 07:46:48 »
Hi,

Been playing through and enjoying it so far. However I've got to report some errors.

Playing with the standalone installer.
-Entering the area in Wonder Square with the minigames, as well as the Chocobo Square lobby throws unknown exceptions. I depatched to progress through the Cait Sith chase figuring there wouldn't be anything to miss with no issues.
-Post Jenova-DEATH during the scene with the Black Materia, Tifa's model doesn't appear, causing a softlock.

Thanks for your work.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11520 on: 2023-08-03 10:19:07 »
I'm using the Combat Mode version of New Threat 2. I would like to ask if there's a Black Chocobo save editor modified in order to treat correctly the new additions reported in this mod, and if not, if you have informations about the possibility, for the creator of the editor, to support it in the future.

Thanks.

I'll ask them about it.

Hi,

Been playing through and enjoying it so far. However I've got to report some errors.

Playing with the standalone installer.
-Entering the area in Wonder Square with the minigames, as well as the Chocobo Square lobby throws unknown exceptions. I depatched to progress through the Cait Sith chase figuring there wouldn't be anything to miss with no issues.
-Post Jenova-DEATH during the scene with the Black Materia, Tifa's model doesn't appear, causing a softlock.

Thanks for your work.

I wasn't able to replicate the first issue at Gold Saucer, but I did see the 2nd issue at Whirlwind Maze; I've implemented a fix and will update the mod tonight along with some other fixes.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9993)
« Reply #11521 on: 2023-08-04 17:16:45 »
Have update to 2.09993:

*) Fixed oversight where Tifa & Cid aren't visible during Whirlwind Maze scene, causing softlock
*) Hid a 1/35 soldier item available in Nibelheim during the flashback
*) Fixed Ultima Weapon always missing (flag normally used by revive effects enabled by mistake)

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #11522 on: 2023-08-05 04:53:01 »
Hello Sega Chief.

I´m new here, in fact this is my first comment. First of all thank you for this amanzing mod, I love the idea to keep Aeris alive, this was the principal reason to played your mod, I hope that you continue working on it. I found some issues:

- I can´t upgrade Red-XIII values after the battle againts Jenova and Sephiroth (Disk two after the Ice mountains).
- I have enable "Voice Attacks" by "Cosmo Memory" but in this exact place Aeris changed her voice and use Barret´s.

Well, that´s it for now, once again thank you for this amanzing mod. Please, let me know if I can send you suggestions here in the comments or by PM.

* Sorry for my poor english, I just studied basic long time ago.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11523 on: 2023-08-06 20:35:12 »
Hello Sega Chief.

I´m new here, in fact this is my first comment. First of all thank you for this amanzing mod, I love the idea to keep Aeris alive, this was the principal reason to played your mod, I hope that you continue working on it. I found some issues:

- I can´t upgrade Red-XIII values after the battle againts Jenova and Sephiroth (Disk two after the Ice mountains).
- I have enable "Voice Attacks" by "Cosmo Memory" but in this exact place Aeris changed her voice and use Barret´s.

Well, that´s it for now, once again thank you for this amanzing mod. Please, let me know if I can send you suggestions here in the comments or by PM.

* Sorry for my poor english, I just studied basic long time ago.

Could I get a copy of your save file? I'm unsure what would cause one specific character to be blocked on SP upgrades.

I think for the cosmo memory issue, you may need to talk to the author of that mod as I don't know much about how it functions or why there would be such an issue like that occurring.

rufusluciusivan

• View Profile
« Reply #11524 on: 2023-08-08 08:18:54 »
Hello. I found this mod a while ago, did three playthroughs (two of Type A and one of Type B), didn't have a Qhimm profile before, but I knew I had to create one just to leave at least one comment about your awesome mod.

The short version is: Thank you so much for having created this mod. It really feels like a "Final Mix" version of Final Fantasy VII. I played the vanilla game dozens of time, and discovered your mod at a perfect moment - years after my last playthrough, when nostalgia was motivating me to return to FFVII's universe once more. Revisiting the story with an improved translation and discovering all the little things you added here and there had been a pleasure.

Now, to elaborate a little.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I'm a casual player. I played through the vanilla game dozens of time, but never bothered with the Gold Saucer minigames or the Chocobo sidequest, and I never tried to find the Materia combos and weapons that can one-shot the secret bosses - which outside of Ultimate Weapon I never tried beating either. And I played this mod on the Normal difficulty. I mention that to say that, from a casual player's standpoint, the difficulty and balancing of the game are pitch perfect. (And I realized I've played for the longest time with a rather old version - 2.0991 - so I suppose it's been even more polished now.)

I appreciate that you gave enemies and bosses new abilities (or changed the effects of some of their abilities) to make them more challenging, without becoming overpowered. The boss fights feel like a decent challenge, but one that can be overcome as long as the player knows what they're doing, and remembers that buffs, micro-managing the healer, and good character builds are the key to win. In that regards, Jenova-DEATH is my favorite fight. Among the non-optional non-final bosses, it's the one which gave me the most trouble; but once I figured out its gimmick, it became my favorite boss fight. I just love how this fight put to the test my knowledge of the game's mechanics and my strategy, what with it being an endurance match. I have a save file just before it to be able to do it at will... The fights with the TURKs are also great moments. It really feels like I'm fighting versatile opponents with a wide array of techniques (thanks to some details such as them using Turk Antidote if I try to poison them, or Rude using Turk Heal when low on health to also cast fury, which changes a bit the strategy of the fight). Bottom line, the mod's goal was to reach a midcore difficulty, and as far as I'm concerned, it's a success.

I love the way the mod changed the Materia and Weapons to allow for more customization. It took me a little time to adjust to the system, but after I did, I had a great time finding good combinations and assigning roles to my party members. The rebalancing and changes of the abilities are good, and so is the idea to add new Materia.

Little anecdote, I rarely bother with self-imposed challenge, but this mod managed to motivate me to do one. On my third playthrough, I tried stealing and morphing all the bosses. It gave the fights a slightly different edge, and it was a ton of fun.

All the quality of life changes - the possibility to skip some long flashbacks, receiving the Enemy Away Materia early, the NPC that spawns every time there's a new Fort Condor battle,
the possibility to have a way to get a Gold Chocobo without doing the tedious breeding sidequest
, and so forth - are appreciated.

The main appeal of this mod to me was the improvement of the translation and the additional content. And boy did it deliver!

I won't pinpoint all the instances of you clarifying or improving the dialogues, or else this comment might turn into an essay. I'm just going to say that it was a real blast to revisit the story with a clearer version. It's often little details, but for instance the mere fact the dialogues clearly explain
everything about the Reunion and the fact Jenova is impersonating Sephiroth
make the experience better. I also like how you took the liberty to tweak some dialogues to slightly change the meaning of some events, but while retaining the characters' personalities. For instance, I like how Shinra's actions during the Midgar arc are given a slight different meaning because in your version they are aware that Midgar will soon become unsustainable, and their fight against AVALANCHE is also a way for them to divert the citizens' attention so that they have enough time to accomplish the Neo-Midgar project. It gives more sense to their actions at the Sector 7 pillar. Your way of writing is also good in that it stays true to the characters' personalities - especially when it comes to Aeris' dialogues.

To me, the biggest asset of the mod is the additional content. Once more, I won't pinpoint all the specific examples I liked, I will just say that discovering all of these additions was my greatest pleasure when playing through the mod. Bosses and mini-bosses have been added at perfect moments. The Guard Scorpion becoming a recurring boss and running gag was cool. When playing the vanilla game, I remember sometimes thinking it would have been cool to have boss fights at some key moments of the game (Floor 59 of Shinra building, end of Mythril Mines, at the end of the Junon Weapon Raid in front of the Highwind), and this mod gave it to me.

Of course I also enjoyed the additional scenes. My favorite one is
the moment when Yuffie attempts to rob the party

The new sidequests and optional bosses were a ton of fun. I almost wish there were more additional dungeons like
the return to the Gi Cave
, or that
the fights between Tifa and Zangan or for Aeris' fourth Limit Break
had been kept. I loved the cameos at the end of the Special Fights of the Battle Arena.

Finally, one additional content I especially liked was the 'talk to party in towns' feature. It doesn't look like much, some may think it's cosmetic, but I think it did SO MUCH to flesh the characters out. I like FF7's characters, but the original game also shows its age when it comes to its way of handling them. After a while, once their arc is resolved, and outside of the occasional key moment, most of the characters disappear into the background, and only briefly show up for group conversations. Your mod's feature allows to feel like they're more present.

A quick word about the Type B scenario. I made the mistake of doing it right after my Type A playthrough. Therefore, I adored the Midgar Arc, and did the rest of the game on autopilot to see the alternate boss roster. Though I'm not reproaching anything - the changes of the Midgar storyline alone are a great thing, and must have needed a ton of work. I confess however that I prefer Type A's approach of keeping the original story's event progression and improving it. Still, the two scenarios are a testimony of how much work has been put into the mod.

I'd like to finish by discussing in more details a very spoilery addition:

I'm of course talking about the possibility of saving Aeris. It's in my opinion one of the best features of the mod, because you took the time to integrate it into the story, and her into the events. It really gives me the impression to play an alternate version of the story. In my opinion, save maybe for one or two details, it's perfectly integrated in the general story and doesn't create plot holes.

If I had one suggestion, it would simply be to expand a little the scene of the aftermath after the events of the Forgotten City, the one when the entire party is gathered in one house with Aeris resting on the bed. In the mod, it's the only part where I think Aeris' inclusion raises a plot-related problem, as nobody asks her what she was trying to do. The idea I propose would be to have Aeris wake up, the other party members are happy, and ask her what she attempted to do, which she explains. (Bottom line, she gives them some of the information she'll also remind them later at Cosmo Canyon. She tried to ask the Planet, they mentioned Holy, but they weren't clear on what it was exactly or how she could cast it. The altar felt like a dead end to her.) Cloud and the others would conclude her attempt was a failure/dead end, since the access is now blocked once again, and Cloud (influenced by the Jenova cells) would therefore impose his idea to go north and kill Sephiroth. However, I don't know if it's feasible. I recall reading one of your comments in which you explained it's very tricky to add new dialogues because of the way text boxes are coded in the original game...

Anyway, minor nitpick aside, your mod is the thing that made me like Aeris and use her in my team. In the vanilla game, I've always felt neutral about her. I thought she was a good character, but far from my favorite, and since I knew she was going to die I never used her in my team. However, since in New Threat there is an alternate story with her surviving, it made me use her as much as possible in Disks 2 and 3, to see all the new content. And I realized just how powerful she could be as a mage... (In the vanilla game, I've always thought she's too specialized for her own good; but since your mod encourages to specialize the party members, she fits like a glove...) Plus, I adore your way of writing her. Like many I think, I cheered widely when she gave Scarlet the chair (loved that reference), and I adored the optional conversation with her after the Zack flashback - the moment in which her writing is the most spot-on. After my first playthrough of New Threat, Aeris barely left my team... To the point I still have to force myself to do a "regular" playthrough of the original story with her perma-death now...

Final random anecdote. I played some parts of the game with my brother in the same room. When Diamond Weapon made a JoJo reference, we went wild. :P Just a final example on how little details are the salt of this mod.

To conclude, I'm impressed (and delighted) to see you're still working on the mod in order to add and improve its content. I confess I updated my version yesterday just to play through the Junon Weapon Raid once more. It's one of my favorite moments of the vanilla game, so I loved how you expanded on it. But I probably will do an other full playthrough at some point, because I'm curious to see what is the "secret encounter" which was made unmissable. I have a hard time picturing what it is...

Apologies for the long comment. :D I wanted to write it for a long time, so once I started it, there was no stopping me. Once more, thank for this mod and for all of your hard work.