Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4923621 times)

Vineos1

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9994)
« Reply #11550 on: 2023-08-19 19:16:43 »
Hello,

first: I am amazed. I found out about this mod via twitch stream. I had to get it right away. After some difficulties with installing the mod (because I use steam and german version) I jumped in and lost myself in the game

Now I beat Jenova death and morphed her. Battle ends, Black Materia handed over to Barret. Saved and wanted to proceed, entering next loading zone leads to black screen every time. Reloading and restarting PC doesn't solve the problem. Is this a known issue? And if so, is there a work around or anything? I would really love to progress through this awesome mod!

Thanks in advance.

Hi again,

I went through all the steps mentioned in the install instructions including the checklist where I start a new game and check for the reactor bomb. So far so good, but when I load my 44 hour file, which I want to continue, i have the same problem. Blackscreen after leaving the screen after defeating jenova death. Background noises still playing. And I was so excited, that the new game worked. I am desperate. Please, some other idea?

And thank you very much, I didn't expected such a quick response.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9995)
« Reply #11551 on: 2023-08-19 21:46:02 »
Hi again,

I went through all the steps mentioned in the install instructions including the checklist where I start a new game and check for the reactor bomb. So far so good, but when I load my 44 hour file, which I want to continue, i have the same problem. Blackscreen after leaving the screen after defeating jenova death. Background noises still playing. And I was so excited, that the new game worked. I am desperate. Please, some other idea?

And thank you very much, I didn't expected such a quick response.

I'll try what worked for wonder square & chocobo square before and import a fresh version of that field from an older build, bit baffled it's not working as I tested it out.

Edit: I updated the manual install version with an flevel that uses a freshly imported version of that whirlwind maze field from an older build. Hopefully that resolves whatever is going on with it: https://mega.nz/file/24lQxA4Q#3_W7JfIsKAInc1C-Rtx_FwhoNyHjTO5PxSjI03nKUEE
« Last Edit: 2023-08-19 21:56:05 by Sega Chief »

Vineos1

• View Profile
« Reply #11552 on: 2023-08-19 22:04:17 »
Thanks for that, really. Meanwhile I tried several things:

Deinstalled everything, reinstalled Vanilla, played through the scenes that caused blackscreen. Saved at the first available Crystal. Installed mod again. Could play until Barret, aeris and cait sith are heading for the Airport, but leaving the execution section makes barret become invisible and after the elevator animation (the one that goes diagonally) nothing happens, no blackscreen, this time, but no control either

I also found settings in steam that let me install the English version. So i repeated all steps again, since I guessed, that all the trouble comes from using the german version. but once again, same issue. Diagonally Elevator is the roadblock. Maybe this information helps to triangulate the error source?

Btw sry, if I don't use correct terms from time to time. I'm not a native english speaker.

And even if I repeat myself, thank you so much for your efforts and for this great mod

Vineos1

• View Profile
« Reply #11553 on: 2023-08-19 22:44:19 »
I'll try what worked for wonder square & chocobo square before and import a fresh version of that field from an older build, bit baffled it's not working as I tested it out.

Edit: I updated the manual install version with an flevel that uses a freshly imported version of that whirlwind maze field from an older build. Hopefully that resolves whatever is going on with it: https://mega.nz/file/24lQxA4Q#3_W7JfIsKAInc1C-Rtx_FwhoNyHjTO5PxSjI03nKUEE

I tried your link, de- and re-installed everything. No difference. Just no luck.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11554 on: 2023-08-19 23:00:00 »
Thanks for that, really. Meanwhile I tried several things:

Deinstalled everything, reinstalled Vanilla, played through the scenes that caused blackscreen. Saved at the first available Crystal. Installed mod again. Could play until Barret, aeris and cait sith are heading for the Airport, but leaving the execution section makes barret become invisible and after the elevator animation (the one that goes diagonally) nothing happens, no blackscreen, this time, but no control either

I also found settings in steam that let me install the English version. So i repeated all steps again, since I guessed, that all the trouble comes from using the german version. but once again, same issue. Diagonally Elevator is the roadblock. Maybe this information helps to triangulate the error source?

Btw sry, if I don't use correct terms from time to time. I'm not a native english speaker.

And even if I repeat myself, thank you so much for your efforts and for this great mod

You may need to send me your save file, it might be that playing through vanilla during that segment has left something set wrong but I don't know. I'll need to test through that section with the save file to try and replicate it.

Actually, when you say the diagonal elevator do you mean the one on this screen?

Or the ones found within Junon, because the diagonal elevators within Junon aren't supposed to be reachable.

The sequence of events is supposed to be:
1) Barret and co. leave the media room, the door is locked.
2) You head back up to the room where Heidegger and Rufus are, with the routes leading outside blocked off by a script
3) You interact with some computers in the control room and then fight some of Rufus' soldiers
4) The player is moved outside and meets Yuffie, then they head on to the airport and ride the lift up
5) Gas room scene plays.

If you reached this screen (or the other one with an elevator on the other side), then it'd explain why Barret turned invisible; this is supposed to be inaccessible to him:

If that is the case, then head this way instead; the routes with a red X are supposed to be blocked off by a script:

« Last Edit: 2023-08-19 23:02:37 by Sega Chief »

Vineos1

• View Profile
« Reply #11555 on: 2023-08-19 23:08:48 »
You may need to send me your save file, it might be that playing through vanilla during that segment has left something set wrong but I don't know. I'll need to test through that section with the save file to try and replicate it.

Actually, when you say the diagonal elevator do you mean the one on this screen?

Or the ones found within Junon, because the diagonal elevators within Junon aren't supposed to be reachable.

The sequence of events is supposed to be:
1) Barret and co. leave the media room, the door is locked.
2) You head back up to the room where Heidegger and Rufus are, with the routes leading outside blocked off by a script
3) You interact with some computers in the control room and then fight some of Rufus' soldiers
4) The player is moved outside and meets Yuffie, then they head on to the airport and ride the lift up
5) Gas room scene plays.

If you reached this screen (or the other one with an elevator on the other side), then it'd explain why Barret turned invisible; this is supposed to be inaccessible to him:

If that is the case, then head this way instead; the routes with a red X are supposed to be blocked off by a script:

Regarding playing vanilla, I kept files, where I am still at whirlwind maze, and cannot progress.

Regarding the Elevator, its the second image. I tried going left, i got interrupted, so i went to the control room, but nothinng happens. thats why i went to the right, which you say shouldn't be possible.

how can I give you my save file, or how identify it? I am really not very good with this stuff.
« Last Edit: 2023-08-19 23:14:30 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11556 on: 2023-08-19 23:14:15 »
It should be in either:

\FINAL FANTASY VII\save

or for Steam:

E:\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_xxx

The contents of those folders should do it, then I can have a look.

As for transferring it over, anything like google drive, mediafire, mega.nz, stuff like that where it can be uploaded. Or via discord if you have that (my handle on there is 'segachief').
« Last Edit: 2023-08-19 23:39:50 by Sega Chief »

« Reply #11557 on: 2023-08-20 06:45:57 »
If I put the Cursed Ring on Tifa, when the timer counts down her innate is activated, as expected. However, this happens even if I cast Death Force on her: not sure if that's intended. Also, after that she can't be Death Sentenced anymore.
(Edit: I was assuming Death Force would protect against the Cursed Ring's effect, but I just found it doesn't)

Aeris can use Cid's Scimitar. It's pretty cool, but I'm not sure if that's something you did intentionally.

I confirm that the path on the bottom right isn't blocked off, although I didn't explore it so I never found the bug Vineos did.
« Last Edit: 2023-08-20 15:36:45 by ShiningBananaBread »

InfernAngelis89

• View Profile
« Reply #11558 on: 2023-08-20 18:05:41 »
Hi Sega,
Got another question on 1.5. Is there a 1/35 Soldier item questline here? I saw a few posts about these items being the only possible missable items in 1.5 so just wanted to be sure.

rufusluciusivan

• View Profile
« Reply #11559 on: 2023-08-20 20:39:38 »
Quick question. Am I the only one who's having trouble installing v.2.0.9995? Until now, I was updating my old version in the FF7 SYW launcher with the installer. Since copy-pasting the 2.0.9995 files makes the entire launcher crash, I changed my steam game's language to English and tried updating it with the new process (dropping the contents of the new threat folder directly in my install directory), but it keeps starting the Vanilla version of the game...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11560 on: 2023-08-20 21:12:14 »
If I put the Cursed Ring on Tifa, when the timer counts down her innate is activated, as expected. However, this happens even if I cast Death Force on her: not sure if that's intended. Also, after that she can't be Death Sentenced anymore.
(Edit: I was assuming Death Force would protect against the Cursed Ring's effect, but I just found it doesn't)

Aeris can use Cid's Scimitar. It's pretty cool, but I'm not sure if that's something you did intentionally.

I confirm that the path on the bottom right isn't blocked off, although I didn't explore it so I never found the bug Vineos did.

There's some strange interactions between tifa's innate, death sentence, and I think Death Force but it is what it is.

Yeah, I set Aeris up to use some of Cid's later weapons so she'd have a few extra.

I'm trying to figure out the path thing atm.

Hi Sega,
Got another question on 1.5. Is there a 1/35 Soldier item questline here? I saw a few posts about these items being the only possible missable items in 1.5 so just wanted to be sure.

I don't think there is.

Quick question. Am I the only one who's having trouble installing v.2.0.9995? Until now, I was updating my old version in the FF7 SYW launcher with the installer. Since copy-pasting the 2.0.9995 files makes the entire launcher crash, I changed my steam game's language to English and tried updating it with the new process (dropping the contents of the new threat folder directly in my install directory), but it keeps starting the Vanilla version of the game...

I guess there's something different with how the installer interacts with the files vs. the direct transfer; if I had to guess, it's maybe the .EXE files. Swapping to direct file transfer I don't think sorted the issue out anyway, as I had to do a fresh import of the whirlwind maze field anyway, so I'll return the installer and just do a field import for any other screens that are busted as they appear.

biganimal92

• View Profile
« Reply #11561 on: 2023-08-21 00:44:38 »
I have a question that I'm sure has been asked before in this thread, but it has so many pages to it that I don't think I'll be able to find it by manually searching, haha.

Loving the mod, been looking for something that gives a reasonable increase to the difficulty and when I learned about the Type B playthrough and the scenario changes it makes I was eager to give it a shot. I just beat the Jenova fight in Northern Crater in disc 2, and I was wondering what the music that plays in the boss fight is. I'm very familiar with FF7, or I'd like to think to seeing as how I've played it since I was a kid, but the song sounded unfamiliar, and scanning through the official OST didn't yield results. I'm probably just missing it and it's super obvious, but what's the title of the song, and can I listen to it on YouTube since it's a total banger?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11562 on: 2023-08-21 00:47:31 »

I uploaded an installer here, with the fresh import on the whirlwind maze field: https://mega.nz/file/boMjTZYS#i1Vzu07SFArJ864lKr-xU5PQxnsFL8eTQ_fSF2KNAWA

I have a question that I'm sure has been asked before in this thread, but it has so many pages to it that I don't think I'll be able to find it by manually searching, haha.

Loving the mod, been looking for something that gives a reasonable increase to the difficulty and when I learned about the Type B playthrough and the scenario changes it makes I was eager to give it a shot. I just beat the Jenova fight in Northern Crater in disc 2, and I was wondering what the music that plays in the boss fight is. I'm very familiar with FF7, or I'd like to think to seeing as how I've played it since I was a kid, but the song sounded unfamiliar, and scanning through the official OST didn't yield results. I'm probably just missing it and it's super obvious, but what's the title of the song, and can I listen to it on YouTube since it's a total banger?

I think it's the one that plays during the North Crater field screens, Judgment Day I think: https://youtu.be/kqIJqvMqLTQ

biganimal92

• View Profile
« Reply #11563 on: 2023-08-21 00:50:13 »
I uploaded an installer here, with the fresh import on the whirlwind maze field: https://mega.nz/file/boMjTZYS#i1Vzu07SFArJ864lKr-xU5PQxnsFL8eTQ_fSF2KNAWA

I think it's the one that plays during the North Crater field screens, Judgment Day I think: https://youtu.be/kqIJqvMqLTQ

Ah, I didn't think to look through the field themes when trying to locate the song, now I feel silly knowing it's such a prominent theme in the base game! Thank you so much for being so quick to answer my question, I'm having a wonderful time with the mod and I look forward to see how things progress!

rufusluciusivan

• View Profile
« Reply #11564 on: 2023-08-21 05:30:10 »

Wow, that was fast. I hope it didn't take too much of your time... The installer worked perfectly. Thanks a lot!

And while I'm at it, I launched a Type A save before the Mythril Mines, and can confirm the Rude and Elena encounter is once more working normally. (And when I tried the 2.0.9994 update, so was the part when Yuffie joins the team during the Weapon Raid).
« Last Edit: 2023-08-21 06:19:12 by rufusluciusivan »

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #11565 on: 2023-08-22 11:29:45 »
Hello Sega Chief.

* Spoilers of the game.

I found some issues during my gameplay, I used v2.0.9994:

Spoiler: show

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These kids doesn´t have dialogues:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestions:

Maybe this could be a good place for add an item:

The ladder is already there an there isn´t any purpose to go there.

When you got the key to enter Shinra again this shop is open but there is nothing new, except the "Cover" materia, but you can found one at begining of the game, I suggest to change the options in this store:

Maybe this place could be a good chance for an extra/optional battle:

Some Shinra soldiers are in the area, maybe you could use a soldier like this:

I edited this image using Photoshop:

This is the first floor of the tower at Wutai, why don´t you use the design of the second floor an add a treasure there? Or maybe could be useful to add an extra floor/basement.

This is a suggestion to add a better place in this area in my opinion:

Change this:

For this:

The mythril and the ring could be inside this facilitie in chests. Imagine found the turks down there, or go back there on disc3 for a special battle, in my opinion would be better to add this kind of headquarter than the mine.

Well, that´s all, I hope this suggestions helps you in some way, I don´t pretend to annoy you and I won´t repeat my suggestions or insist, I just a fan of FF7 and a new fan of New Threat, thank you so much for your mod.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11566 on: 2023-08-23 11:34:26 »

Bit disconcerting that the exit points would end up like that for those screens; I'll take a look at them.

Updating the Mod: The new version of the mod (2.09995) has retired the installer and is now distributed as a folder that you need to drop into your Final Fantasy VII installation directory. This should help avoid issues with corrupted fields or screens. You can simply replace your existing mod files with the new version's files by overwriting them.

New Random Encounters: The mod's creator mentioned that there weren't many new random mob encounters added in version 2.0, unlike version 1.5. You mentioned encountering Ziegfriend outside of Fort Condor, which might be one of the new random encounters. It's possible that there are other new encounters you might come across.

Morph Damage Reduction: The Yuffie's weapon "Conformer" is mentioned as a weapon that can override the 1/8 damage reduction from the Morph command. Using Conformer might allow you to deal full damage when using the Morph command.

Casting Esuna for Sadness Alignment: The spell Esuna is used to cure various status ailments such as Sleep, Poison, Confuse, and more. It doesn't cure Sadness alignment. Sadness alignment is a status that reduces the damage you take from physical attacks. To remove Sadness, you can use spells like Tranquilizer or items like Remedy.

Whirlwind Maze Issues: The mod creator acknowledges a few issues with the Whirlwind Maze section of the game:

The green wave element on the second screen might have a visual bug where it's jittering left and right, making it difficult to dodge.
The win fanfare doesn't play after dodging battles on all three screens; the battle music continues until you're back on the field screen.
Cloud getting knocked forwards instead of backwards when hit during the dodging sequences.
Junon Escape Key Issue: In version 2.09992 of the mod, there's a change to combine Type A and Type B routes in Junon, but the key part of the scene from Type B wasn't removed. This led to inconsistencies in the key retrieval scene. This issue was likely addressed in version 2.09995.

Progression Block Issue: A player reported encountering a black screen issue when entering a loading zone after defeating Jenova Death, handing over the Black Materia to Barret, and saving the game. The mod creator noted that there were issues with corrupted fields in the installer. In version 2.09995, the installer has been retired and replaced with a simple folder-based installation to address this issue.

Not sure what this post is, a summary of previous questions and replies? The scene inconsistency with the key during the junon weapon raid is still there, it's a leftover from the Type B route that I'll clean up for next patch. The whirlwind maze screen seemed to still be crashing for non-7h users so I imported a copy of the field from an older build of the mod and updated the 2.09995 installer/drop-in with it.

While this method did work for Wonder Square and Chocobo Square, it didn't seem to work for Whirlwind Maze for a user that I was doing tests with; importing a vanilla field screen didn't seem to fix it either and testing with their save file didn't replicate the freeze on my end. I'll probably bring the installer back as it doesn't seem to be responsible for the intermittent field-screen problems after all, but the actual cause is still unknown. I'll probably do a fresh install of the steam version and try running the installer against it, maybe there's something from 7h or FFNx running in the background when I play via Steam that's preventing the crash for whatever reason.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11567 on: 2023-08-23 15:25:08 »
I've identified the source of the crashing fields and why it was likely only affecting the installer variant and not the 7th heaven one. Will update the mod in a patch later tonight and explain what it was (in short, one of the unused chunks in the field had gotten massive in size, likely an error when the file was being saved where excess data was stored to it).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9996)
« Reply #11568 on: 2023-08-23 18:11:14 »
2.09996 is up:

*) Fixed issue where some fields had a corrupted tilemap (unused chunk), which would affect non-7h users
*) Descriptions of 'Blocks KO' changed to 'Blocks Insta-KO'
*) Fixed text strings and updated changes to the triple slots option (IRO only)
*) Made the junction in Junon weapon raid as Barret less easy to escape from (disabled walkmesh triangles for left/right exits)
*) Cleaned up key pickup during gas chamber scene (Type B scene remnant)

If there are any instances of fields not loading, let me know; I can at least fix them now.

« Reply #11569 on: 2023-08-23 18:21:12 »
Bit disconcerting that the exit points would end up like that for those screens; I'll take a look at them.

If it can help narrow it down, I played through those areas in v2.09993 and didn't experience that bug.

Dorklord

• View Profile
« Reply #11570 on: 2023-09-04 12:18:05 »
Hi Sega Chief,

Been playing through. I just got the Highwind and so far no real issues with the latest update.

I do have a couple suggestions that came to mind.

1. I think it would be neat if you added in a chance to rename Red XIII in Cosmo Canyon. Maybe after the gate guard's dialogue where he says "Nanaki is Nanaki, that's his name." the naming screen could pop up for Red, giving you a chance to rename him to his real name if you want. I always found it weird that the party keeps calling him Red XIII.

2. With the Ribbon you can get by killing the flowergirl, are there any other ribbons in the game or is it the only one? It seems like it's meant to be a choice of getting a really good accessory or keeping her alive and I really like it thematically. However, it seems like on the Highwind you can revive her via the debug technician, so you can get the ribbon anyway if you really want to and only miss a few scenes with Aeris. It's a minor issue but maybe something could be done with it?

3. For the Fort Condor battles, I think battle #6 gave me a Remedy, and after that every battle gave me a Megalixir as a reward. Is this how it is supposed to be? I can't complain for 7-8 easy Megalixirs, but I did start wondering if this was bugged.

4. At first I wasn't a fan of all the good Morphs in the game but I grew to enjoy them to an extent and some tricky morphs were actually satisfying to pull off. It's still a pain though so maybe Morph's damage could be boosted to be more than 1/8th? Maybe 1/6th or even 1/4th? I know eventually Yuffie's ultimate weapon bypasses the limit but that's really late.

5. On Morphs, with so many bosses having good loot, Vincent in particular suffers with his limit breaks. I noticed this in the Materia Keeper fight, you switched its weakness to Fire, which makes Vincent's initial Limit really useful (unlike in vanilla, where it absorbs Fire, so Vincent's limit actually screws you over on the first boss after you get him...) but Vincent is still a liability if you want the boss' morph loot. I was wondering if it could be possible to make it so that Vincent's limits had Morph inherently? It might be a bit overpowered but it could make Vincent's limits a bit more useful. He's not a terrible character but he's the only one whose limits I actively keep avoiding a lot of the time, which is a shame. I don't know if there's a Morph flag that could be applied to his limit attacks (without applying the 1/8th damage penalty) via hext or something, so I don't know if this can even be done, but I figured I'd ask.

6. Is the Heaven's Cloud meant to sell for 75,000 gil? I stole three of them during the Junon escape from Soldier 2nds, which ended up getting me enough to buy the villa. Can't complain, but I'm not sure if this was intentional.
« Last Edit: 2023-09-05 19:57:28 by Dorklord »

yomaus

• View Profile
« Reply #11571 on: 2023-09-06 13:28:09 »
Ho Sega.
Found bug in Costa del Sol. A static Cait Sith image appear in the port after returning there, even that he isn't part of my party yet. Im playing standard Type A.

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #11572 on: 2023-09-08 00:39:22 »
Hello Sega Chief.

I found and issue, I´m playing the last version: v2.0.9996 on hard mode, here:

I can take this item indefinitely:

All I have to do is leave the room and enter again.

galax-C

• View Profile
« Reply #11573 on: 2023-09-08 20:15:55 »
Looking forward to the Struggle-Mode mentioned as a future feature.

Glom9

• View Profile
« Reply #11574 on: 2023-09-11 16:22:32 »
Hi Sega,

I just updated to the most recent version. I am on the tower on the way to the Hojo battle and fighting the SOLDIER units. I morphed one in the battle vs 2 of them and got a Champion Belt. I wanted another one and fought a battle vs a single soldier and morphed him and it said I got a Guard Ring. I thought that was pretty cool, but then I had no guard ring in my inventory, nor did I have a second Champion Belt.

Edit: Scrap that, I'm dumb and found the Guard Ring
« Last Edit: 2023-09-11 22:18:04 by Glom9 »