Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] FMV Restoration (Discontinued, use Steam FMVs)  (Read 312881 times)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Final Fantasy VII FMV Restoration
« Reply #325 on: 2011-07-14 13:25:16 »
ah ha! but it wouldn't be capital :P

Falkiner

« Reply #326 on: 2011-07-21 02:30:57 »
Hi guys, I've been using this, but I noticed that the video cames first, and the audio cames later.
Any solution for this?

I'm Using Windows 7 Ultimare
Phenom X4 II 955
GeForce 9800 GT

Thanks

And I want to use that because I've noticed that some .avi files from the original disc, don't have sound! And I don't know why! Maybe is a codec missing?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2011-07-21 13:19:29 »
Which FMV's specifically? (what parts of the game) i have not run into these issues yet myself.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2011-07-21 17:16:47 »
Install k lite mega codec pack and see what happens.

Reinstall true motion as well.

Ignore that. 

Aali's driver is required to play the FMV's.  The new FMV's (and indeed ANY with the driver) are not played by ANY external codec.  And before you give help (above), please get informed first.

Falkiner

« Reply #329 on: 2011-07-21 18:22:47 »
Which FMV's specifically? (what parts of the game) i have not run into these issues yet myself.

On the first, when you start a New Game.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2011-07-22 14:34:49 »
There are some videos that have no music. That's correct, because the game uses a midi there.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2011-07-22 15:28:08 »
On the first, when you start a New Game.

I have no issue with that video at all, sound is synced up perfectly. Try a reinstall of the files? Which version of Aali's driver are you running?

Falkiner

« Reply #332 on: 2011-08-06 19:40:52 »
I have no issue with that video at all, sound is synced up perfectly. Try a reinstall of the files? Which version of Aali's driver are you running?
The last i think, but well forget, I'm playing with the old FMVs :p

willo182

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2011-08-09 23:17:57 »
i copied the fmv's from the game discs into a movies directory and edited the registry to point to it, that worked fine, ff7 played like a dream.

installed restoration and every time it tries to play the sqlogo video ff7 crashes with the "oops!...." dialogue box.

i swithed out that vid for the original and then it gets to menu fine and plays fine, if i select new game though the new opening fmv plays but the sound is sparadic.

i know i should do an install with just fmv restoration installed but to be honest if you or anyone can think of something it could be i will just stick to the old fmv's

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2011-08-09 23:22:02 »
cant see how Menu can affect them.  Send app log

willo182

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2011-08-09 23:35:08 »
Yeah i really dont think it is an issue with any mods or anything maybe a setting in the driver or maybe windows or my hardware, also rereading through notice that sound issues are inherant with windows 7

APP.log
Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. Radeon X1900 Series 2.1.7275 Release
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 4096x4096
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: Shader limits: varying 44, vert uniform 512, frag uniform 512
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.
INFO: main program link log:
Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) linked.
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; truemotion2/pcm_u8 320x240, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.133333, frames: 152
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 14.533333, frames: 218
ERROR: unhandled exception
« Last Edit: 2011-08-09 23:54:11 by willo182 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2011-08-10 00:28:54 »
and it crashed on that video?  Well I cant see how that happens...  you are using latest aali driver?  send the crash dump to aali.

willo182

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2011-08-10 01:24:31 »
and it crashed on that video?  Well I cant see how that happens...  you are using latest aali driver?  send the crash dump to aali.

Yeah using the latest driver (0.7.11b) and yeah i am stumped as to why it crashes too, maybe its my graphics card driver.

Anyway sent Aali the app.log and crash.dmp hopefully he can shed some light onto it.

Watched your fmv's in vlc player and i really hope it can be resolved cos they look awesome.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2011-08-10 02:49:41 »
This needs placing in releases :P  8)

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2011-08-10 03:24:02 »
i copied the fmv's from the game discs into a movies directory and edited the registry to point to it, that worked fine, ff7 played like a dream.

installed restoration and every time it tries to play the sqlogo video ff7 crashes with the "oops!...." dialogue box.

i swithed out that vid for the original and then it gets to menu fine and plays fine, if i select new game though the new opening fmv plays but the sound is sparadic.

i know i should do an install with just fmv restoration installed but to be honest if you or anyone can think of something it could be i will just stick to the old fmv's

i really do find it amusing that you sound surprised every time someone points this out, DLPB. my GUESS is that there are more people that CANT use your vids than can.

cant see how Menu can affect them.  Send app log

hes not saying the MENU overhaul is causing the video to crash hes saying when he tries your restored videos they crash.

The solution that those of us who CANT use DLPBs video restoration have found is to USE TROJAKS MOVIES INSTEAD
« Last Edit: 2011-08-10 03:31:05 by Template »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2011-08-10 04:33:56 »
i really do find it amusing that you sound surprised every time someone points this out, DLPB. my GUESS is that there are more people that CANT use your vids than can.

hes not saying the MENU overhaul is causing the video to crash hes saying when he tries your restored videos they crash.

The solution that those of us who CANT use DLPBs video restoration have found is to USE TROJAKS MOVIES INSTEAD

You are beginning to irritate me, so let me just say this.  f*ck right off my threads and go install your incomplete FMV.  I am not worried since these work for me and a lot of people.  f*ck you, you ignorant selfish little ****.

As I have explained dozens of times, this is not my issue, it is aalis and the driver of which I have 0 control.  If there was some serious flaw in the FMV, use 1% of your brain and realise they would affect EVERYONE and not a select few.

Now do one.  Stop popping up ridiculing my work when you have done f*ck ALL.  I am getting mighty tired of little opportunists like you who don;t do a damn thing and think they deserve everything.  I do this in my spare time and out of goodness to the community.  I am not paid and I don;t expect a little prat turning up on my threads trying to win points on some personal crusade.

USE TROJAKS MOVIES INSTEAD

And when you have pulled your head out of your arse, go read his thead and see that at least 1 person there has serious issues with his as well.  Is that his fault as well?
« Last Edit: 2011-08-10 04:46:07 by DLPB »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2011-08-10 05:10:10 »
lol

shocking how much of a prick he can be isnt it?

You don't have to look hard in this forum to find threads where DLPB is being an ass.

The founder of the site hates him even.

Fact remains, kiddo. Your movies don't work for everyone. So I'm responding to them on your precious thread and letting them know they have an option. Yah, it's true, I tend to troll you and only you. But it's because from day 1 I looked at this site and saw that flaming picture of yourself you use for an avatar and didn't like you. Have a nice day :)
« Last Edit: 2011-08-10 05:21:44 by Template »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2011-08-10 05:22:13 »
lol

shocking how much of a prick he can be isnt it?

You don't have to look hard in this forum to find threads where DLPB is being an ass.

The founder of the site hates him even.

Fact remains, kiddo. Your movies don't work for everyone. So I'm responding to them on your precious thread and letting them know they have an option. Yah, it's true, I tend to troll you and only you. But it's because from day 1 I looked at this site and saw that flaming picture of yourself you use for an avatar and didn't like you. Have a nice day :)

If you think he's such a prick, ignore him and stay off his threads. DLPB is a great contributor. Sure he might have been an ass in Completely Unrelated, but he's banned from that section anyways. He's done more than what you have. The only thing you're doing is causing problems and decreasing the community's morale.

The founder of the site hasn't been on since around the time you registered, so I'm not sure how you know he hates DLPB.

I can understand why you want to help people by suggesting they go download Trojak's FMVs, but there's no need to start a flame war. And maybe you should post a picture of yourself before you start saying stuff about other people's pictures.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-10 05:24:25 by DarkFang »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2011-08-10 06:26:44 »
if suggesting people try a different set of movies is starting a flame war, then you are way more sensitive than i am :p which, judging by your avatar is probably true. not that I haven't found the ponies pretty adorable myself, but idk, im too lazy to make an avatar for people to make fun of.

If you tell someone a buncha nasty stuff, you're bound to get it thrown back at you.

as for how i learned qhimm didn't like Dan. HERE: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9613.msg133025#msg133025
guess who Seifer is?
And I notice Qhimm hasn't been around since around that time. Admittedly I don't know anything about this I just found the post amusing as I just happened to be reading through the Retranslation thread. Hard to miss it since its the very first reply.

As for me, I'm 31 years old, I have a kid of my own. I was trying to get those movies working and Dan told me to buy a new computer. So yah, maybe you got some respect from a few of these people grinding out some of these mods you've done, DLPB, but you won't get any from me. And I think it's BS that my opinion on whats wrong or might be wrong or whats a good alternative if it's broke shouldn't be voiced because I haven't made any mods for you guys to use.

Peaches :D

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2011-08-10 06:59:03 »
I'm not saying your opinion doesn't matter, I'm saying maybe you should have said it a little bit nicer way.

I'm not defending DLPB either. I just said he's a great contributor.

willo182

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2011-08-10 10:37:02 »
Just to be clear i tried trojaks movies after and those didnt work either, the exact same problem occured.

Its cool though I dont mind using the opriginal fmv's, I think something from my game should be original at least lol, pretty much nothing else is lol

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2011-08-10 11:16:06 »
You are beginning to irritate me, so let me just say this.  f*ck right off my threads and go install your incomplete FMV.  I am not worried since these work for me and a lot of people.  f*ck you, you ignorant selfish little ****.

As I have explained dozens of times, this is not my issue, it is aalis and the driver of which I have 0 control.  If there was some serious flaw in the FMV, use 1% of your brain and realise they would affect EVERYONE and not a select few.

Now do one.  Stop popping up ridiculing my work when you have done f*ck ALL.  I am getting mighty tired of little opportunists like you who don;t do a damn thing and think they deserve everything.  I do this in my spare time and out of goodness to the community.  I am not paid and I don;t expect a little prat turning up on my threads trying to win points on some personal crusade.

And when you have pulled your head out of your arse, go read his thead and see that at least 1 person there has serious issues with his as well.  Is that his fault as well?

Tone it down DLPB, if he bothers you so much just put him on ignore. There is no reason for the shit you said in this post. Warned.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2011-08-10 13:43:46 »
The guy has been causing issues on my threads for days, it is hard to ignore someone with an obvious agenda.  Best he stays off my threads if he has nothing to contribute but "LOL people have a problem and LOL you keep telling them there isn't one"

I know there is a problem, I cannot fix it because it isn't with the files but with their compatibility to the driver for any number of reasons.  If he keeps hounding me on threads I promise I will not lambast him or anyone else, I will simply report him instead. 

It isn't the first or second time this same dude has turned up on my threads saying the exact same thing.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2011-08-10 13:51:36 »
Just to be clear i tried trojaks movies after and those didnt work either, the exact same problem occured.

Its cool though I dont mind using the opriginal fmv's, I think something from my game should be original at least lol, pretty much nothing else is lol

Send your crash dump and explanation to aali (if there was no crash, send your explanation of what happens, your app log, your graphics card model and driver revision).   That way maybe he can narrow down the issue and sort it out. 

Since I have no problem with it....  and others don't, this has to be some sort of compatibility issue and it sucks that you cannot use either mine or his.  But with aalis input, I am sure this issue can be resolved :)

Let's do something constructive.  I would be very grateful if everyone here would give a full report so he can narrow it down. (There are a number of ways you can find this out, such as dxdiag from run)  I will start.

Graphic Card:  Nvidia geforce 7900GS 512MB
Driver revision: 6.14.0012.6099
Resolution of game:  1280*960 windowed or full.
Sound Card: Audigy 2 Platinum Ex
Issue:  I have no issue at all running FMV.  Sound and Video work perfectly.

Please make sure you are using the latest aali driver.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-10 14:04:50 by DLPB »

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2011-08-10 13:57:50 »
If you think he's such a prick, ignore him and stay off his threads. DLPB is a great contributor.

This.
Altho DLPB was a bit harsh, he's right. People should ask for help, not demand it.