Author Topic: AC Nero's custom start menu.  (Read 108879 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: (REL) high resolution FF7 avatars
« Reply #25 on: 2009-10-24 18:22:43 »
I did the original avatars with a transparent background and they do not look that great

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-10-24 19:14:53 »
Yes Squaresoft originally designed the avatars without transparency so I guess they would know better.

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-10-26 12:46:17 »
Since the selection menu was getting in the way I tried a different way of approach, so feel free to let me know of what you think of it (however the fact that I cannot have a full screen menu still bothers me)

« Last Edit: 2009-10-29 15:15:19 by Nero »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #28 on: 2009-10-26 14:57:14 »
Looks good but *sigh* AC costume.  :-(
Anyways, I don't think that full screen thing can be accomplished, AFAIK.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-10-26 15:13:32 »

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #30 on: 2009-10-26 18:11:12 »
Nero I love your solution it is very creative.

Aali how did you do that. I would assume you hex edited the .exe, but I don't really know. All I really know is I want the ability to do that.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #31 on: 2009-10-26 18:30:33 »
Aali how did you do that. I would assume you hex edited the .exe, but I don't really know. All I really know is I want the ability to do that.
Ya. Same here. I got a nice background image that I would like to use for it.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-10-26 18:45:18 »
I hacked it into the custom driver. Whenever the buster sword is replaced by an external texture it will cover the entire screen and sit behind the menu.
Now I just need to get the next release together.. Which might be a while.

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-10-26 19:46:14 »
Wow thats amazing background and also great news to your discover Aali cant wait for another realease

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #34 on: 2009-10-26 20:34:56 »
Wow thats amazing background and also great news to your discover Aali cant wait for another realease
Oh yeah! Same here can't wait!  :-D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-10-26 20:51:32 »
Oh yeah! Same here can't wait!  :-D

Thirded. The impossibility of putting the menu on top of the background image, forcing people to use an image that only takes up a bit of the screen and leaves the rest black, has greatly limited the kinds of custom menu backgrounds we can have; now, we can have full screen images in the background.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #36 on: 2009-10-26 21:18:04 »
Thirded. The impossibility of putting the menu on top of the background image, forcing people to use an image that only takes up a bit of the screen and leaves the rest black, has greatly limited the kinds of custom menu backgrounds we can have; now, we can have full screen images in the background.
Well not yet. But we will soon when the update on that custom driver is integrated on there.

death_gigas

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009-10-26 22:55:04 »
cool

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-10-27 13:58:34 »
That’s great to hear, I was kinda disappointed when I realized that I had to limit the start menu to a small part of the screen but finally we are going to have full screen backgrounds. Thanks Aali, can’t wait too for your next release. Well in the meantime here are two more the old way, one with AC Cloud and another more close to the original buster sword screen:

« Last Edit: 2009-10-29 15:14:54 by Nero »

death_gigas

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-10-27 14:31:06 »
looks good,,,  concept is awesome ,but i have only one suggestion,, the color of the logo of ff7(in white portion does not fit to the sky) looks more different to the other one,,, but it's good.. continue to create some menu staffs hopefully original ff7 concept thnx...

---

i already used it,,, why it's  too small in my menu ?... help

---

ADMIN EDIT: Combined a double post into one. And listen you little punk; you have broken the rules so many times I've lost count. You have at least three, if not four, user accounts waiting for approval - I'm not going to approve them, no matter how many of them you make. You have one account already, use it.

Instead, I'm going to stop approving all accounts that I suspect to originate from your ISP. There's already one - I can't be sure whether it's someone else, or you with a new IP, so I'm just never going to approve of it. Tough luck.

Break the rules one more time, and I'll ban you. Did I make myself clear?
« Last Edit: 2009-10-27 17:11:14 by El Ammo Bandito! »

death_gigas

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009-10-29 07:56:10 »
what's the problem in changing names?... huh?, i want to change my name because i want to try different names either,,,
I'm a good man,,,. first, if i have broken some rules, well, it's my fault, i accept it , sooooooooooooooory, well , i thought that there is more users  on this forum that already  did what i  have done before i commit mistake...I'm a newbie here remember?..... I'm a huge fan of ff7  hope u mind....

Jari

« Reply #41 on: 2009-10-29 08:19:45 »
what's the problem in changing names?... huh?, i want to change my name because i want to try different names either,,,
I'm a good man,,,. first, if i have broken some rules, well, it's my fault, i accept it , sooooooooooooooory, well , i thought that there is more users  on this forum that already  did what i  have done before i commit mistake...I'm a newbie here remember?..... I'm a huge fan of ff7  hope u mind....

Since when have you needed new accounts to change names? Not to mention that there are problems with changing names - I believe them to be obvious enough that I don't have to list them here.

BTW, here's something to help you with all those commas of yours.

death_gigas

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009-10-29 15:44:56 »
yeah, i already know that, i'am a comma man.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: (REL) high resolution FF7 avatars & start menu
« Reply #43 on: 2009-10-29 16:01:16 »
Meaning you don't use proper punctuation..

On topic, the avatars look fantastic. i haven't had a chance to download them yet, As i've been very busy lately. But when i get a chance i'll post a better review on it. Did you use image2tex? Or are you using Aali's texture replacement method?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009-10-29 16:03:37 »

On topic, the avatars look fantastic. i haven't had a chance to download them yet, As i've been very busy lately. But when i get a chance i'll post a better review on it. Did you use image2tex? Or are you using Aali's texture replacement method?

If he is using aali's texture replacement and you are using Team Avalanche's Mod all you would have to do is replace the png's in the avatar folder. If he is using img2tex and you want to go back to the original avatars included in the mod you would have to re-install it. Just a heads up.

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009-10-29 16:40:19 »

No I chose to use image2tex so that they would be compatible with the game regardless if you use the custom drivers, but I suppose you can backup your menu.lgp before installing them so you won’t have to go through the whole process again if you decide you want to return to the original avatars.

Jaylunamon

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009-10-29 22:54:12 »
Love the Entire thing, I would rather have the white backgrounds personally, Keeps the Original look of the game as well as a kind of...how to say...awesome look, I really can't describe it.

Is there a way to make the pictures for teh Start Menu larger or is that it???

Nero

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009-10-30 16:19:14 »
No for now that’s the bigger we can make it, but thanks to Aali we will be able to have it in full screen when he gets his next release of his custom graphic drivers ready.

death_gigas

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009-11-03 11:37:18 »
do u know when he is gonna released it?...

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009-11-03 13:35:41 »
He already did just the other day

Nero you going to release a full size start menu?
« Last Edit: 2009-11-07 00:54:59 by Costa07 »