Author Topic: It's me again!  (Read 6691 times)

Psychosupreme

• View Profile
It's me again!
« on: 2010-10-03 04:18:37 »
Hello again everybody

So my last attempt at finishing ff7 came to a hault due to lack of interest but now I'm back.

I installed all my patches I've kept for years:
- [The_SaiNt]_High_Res_FF7PC_Patcher
- and a few of the YAMP ones

The square soft logo at the start (or the one b4 it that's blue) don't load just a blank screen, if I press enter at the blank screen it takes me to "New Game" and "Continue".
Now I was ok with this, I just beat Emerald finally after years and off to Ruby.  Before I go to beat him I first go to Red 13's village to trade my materias for MASTER ones.  I go into the house and press the switch to rise the plateform and then i get a blank screen.  I had to CAD here to get out but it wont let me past that part.  I take it its something cinematic related.  I've looked into this new Aali patch but when I select custom driver it brings up a "FF7Config not responding error" and his instructions mention nothing about this error so I'm just asking for a quick fix here so I can just finish up this game.

Running windows 7 (64bit) now.

Mako

• View Profile
Re: It's me again!
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-03 15:52:28 »
Psychosupreme, Your patches are out of date. Please install Aali's custom driver and remove all of the other patches they are no longer needed.
With the exception of the 1.02 Official Patch...

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.0

Psychosupreme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-10-03 17:02:20 »
I take it you only read my list of patches, if you continue to read I comment on this "I take it its something cinematic related.  I've looked into this new Aali patch but when I select custom driver it brings up a "FF7Config not responding error" and his instructions mention nothing about this error so I'm just asking for a quick fix here so I can just finish up this game."

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-10-03 17:13:25 »
Oops so it appears  :-[, I've never heard of this problem before, sorry I am not much help...

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-10-03 17:16:47 »
Find an older version of Aali's driver if you can, one that doesn't come with the updated ff7config.exe

Psychosupreme

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-10-03 17:50:51 »
Well none of those worked, I ran the .reg file of bout 5 versions just now and during boot up I get a "oops something's wrong" message followed by "ff7 has stopped responding."

There must be a fix for just cinematics?  I've been using these older patches for years and they've never given me prob till now with cinematics.  I don't need a full out driver patch, just fmvs fix
« Last Edit: 2010-10-03 17:58:31 by Psychosupreme »

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-10-03 18:33:16 »
Question: Do you have a legal copy of Final Fantasy 7, judging from you previous posts you have been using the obsolete (saint) patch. I have never heard of a case were the driver doesn't start up at all on any version...

Psychosupreme

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-10-03 18:37:38 »
lol course I don't, I've been using this "copy" for over 4 years now playing.  Been using saint patch and YAMP mods for years, but fsr my cinematics aren't working this time around.  I'm not asking "what do I use to play FF7 on my Windows 7 comp?" and need a fullout new driver from Aali. I'm just asking for a cinmatic fix.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-10-03 18:38:34 »
I had a really helpful post that I was about to post. Now I won't.

We only support legal copies of the game here. Come back when you've bought it.

Psychosupreme

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-10-03 18:40:20 »
I've gotten support for my version for years from this site.  Why stop now when one simple fix will allow me to finally finish this game and get rid of it lol

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-10-03 18:42:06 »
Why stop now? Because now we know you're using an illegal copy.

Read the damn rules. No amount of "lol" will allow you to circumvent them.

Psychosupreme

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-10-03 18:44:08 »
This site has known for a while I've been using one.  Other people were nice to help, with problems much bigger.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-10-03 18:45:03 »
Sorry but I cannot help you aether...Please purchase a legal copy as soon as possible.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-10-03 18:45:53 »
This site has known for a while I've been using one.
No we haven't. I just looked through all your posts, and never once did you mention using a pirated copy.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-10-03 18:47:45 »
This site has known for a while I've been using one.  Other people were nice to help, with problems much bigger.

I did not know, and unfortunately for you I am not in the greatest mood today. Go find help for your pirated game elsewhere.