Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1848166 times)

Firefox23

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #2300 on: 2013-01-02 20:07:14 »
Now thats the funny part, since Final Fantasy VII won't start my app.log file is completely empty

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: 2013-01-02 20:59:13 »
im nearly positive that your netbook is powerful enough to actually handle a bootleg modded version of FF7, it is netbook with a very basic discreet gpu

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: 2013-01-02 21:00:41 »
Q:I'm experiencing black screens, tearing, stuttering and out of memory errors.
A:Bootleg is not compatible with Intel graphics cards.  If you are using a laptop with a Radeon/NVidia card and an Intel CPU, the Intel GPU is most likely the default video card.
  The game uses the default video card which is most likely the Intel GPU.
  Check in the app.log to identify which GPU FF7 is using.
  To force FF7 to run on the Radeon/NVidia GPU, go into the graphics settings and "add" the file/app, "FF7.exe," to run on the improved performance processor.

Also, make sure that you have the latest GPU drivers.

Do you see any videos?
Have you tried running in compatibility mode?  Use the Bootloader configuration.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2303 on: 2013-01-02 21:03:27 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12008.msg195795#msg195795

Hey Brat,

I've just noticed the new Field and Battle Model for Cloud --- TA Bloodshot Edit --- isn't in your list for new mods to download, nor The Big List of Mods, nor listed in the report for Integrated Mods. The file names are:

Field - TAField.rar
Battle - TACloudBattleClassic.rar
Combined Pack - TA Cloud Pack.rar
All found here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13943.msg195808#msg195808

I haven't installed and tested them yet, but I'll assume if it's not Integrated then there won't be anything to install.

I am editing Tifa's Bootleg and found myself lost on what to post for it. Let me know what's up  :)

leostrife

• View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: 2013-01-03 00:08:47 »
Great job, congratulations!
Worked perfectly on my pc, only shaders that do not work as always, is to enable and black screen.

GTX 570, driver 310.70 WHQL.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: 2013-01-03 00:16:47 »
The shaders are designed for Radeon cards.

I'm happy it worked!
There are still some issues with foreign language versions of the game.
Hopefully I get enough feedback to resolve all the problems.

bigtfatty

• View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: 2013-01-03 04:32:28 »
This is going to sound really stupid, this is only the second game I've ever modded, but what/where is the "bootloader" to start the game correctly? I made a max install without directx or xmedia, downloaded all the necessary mods for bootleg (only green and yellow in mod list), ran bootleg. I can start the game using ff7.exe but all that happens is I get to the opening screen ("New Game" and "Continue") and then it just goes black. I've tried hopelessly to figure it out, but am getting frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: 2013-01-03 05:26:32 »
Run FF7Config.exe and set the correct sound device.
Post your app.log.

bigtfatty

• View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: 2013-01-03 05:59:58 »
It's completely blank. The game doesn't error out, it just shows a black screen and I have to alt+f4 to get out.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: 2013-01-03 08:48:37 »
Hi bigtfatty

Can you play the videos manually?
If not, it may lack a suitable codec.

Firefox23

• View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: 2013-01-03 09:38:35 »
Q:I'm experiencing black screens, tearing, stuttering and out of memory errors.
A:Bootleg is not compatible with Intel graphics cards.  If you are using a laptop with a Radeon/NVidia card and an Intel CPU, the Intel GPU is most likely the default video card.
  The game uses the default video card which is most likely the Intel GPU.
  Check in the app.log to identify which GPU FF7 is using.
  To force FF7 to run on the Radeon/NVidia GPU, go into the graphics settings and "add" the file/app, "FF7.exe," to run on the improved performance processor.

Also, make sure that you have the latest GPU drivers.

Do you see any videos?
Have you tried running in compatibility mode?  Use the Bootloader configuration.

thank you so much
I don't know why but every time I installed Final Fantasy VII it activated the compatibility mode for WIN98/ME,
once I deactivated it the game played without any issues

racompave

• View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: 2013-01-03 10:52:13 »
Hi, I have recently installed Bootleg 040, amazing work from Pitbrat. Enjoying this master piece fully moded is piece of cake using this program.  Now, I have a noobish question... how do you use bootleg.exe to change particular aspects of the game? For example : I want to change the translation from English to Spanish or change Cloud´s field model. I have read the readme file but I dont get it at all.       

bigtfatty

• View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: 2013-01-03 15:15:57 »
@Kompass63: Yea I can go into the movie files and divx player opens em up and plays em fine. Every tutorial I've read on bootleg has told me to configure/start FF7 through the "bootloader" but none of them tell me what that is (I'm not technologically illiterate, I've just never heard the term before outside of starting a PC). I also assumed the start screen with the "New Game" and "Continue" options would have been different, so I'm hesitant to think FF7 is using the mods.

Other oddities I've encountered: When using FF7config, there is no custom driver to choose under rendere for Aali's openGL. I've also seen references to starting the game through FF7 music, but that folder doesn't even exist for me.

Update: So after getting incredibly frustrated with not making any progress despite my best efforts, I decided to say F**K IT and just play the regular PC version. Well, I ran into the same problems as before and have concluded I just have a bad copy of the game and there is nothing bootleg could do to help me. Guess I'm gonna try to buy the 2012 version and mod that (assuming it's cheaper/safer than buying a used original version)

Thanks for the attempts to help.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-04 21:47:22 by bigtfatty »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2313 on: 2013-01-03 16:51:44 »
Hi, I have recently installed Bootleg 040, amazing work from Pitbrat. Enjoying this master piece fully moded is piece of cake using this program.  Now, I have a noobish question... how do you use bootleg.exe to change particular aspects of the game? For example : I want to change the translation from English to Spanish or change Cloud´s field model. I have read the readme file but I dont get it at all.       

I'm surprised that you've managed to "installed Boogleg 040" yet you've never opened BFE.exe to see all the options to choose from   :-P

Read this tutorial and you'll get it: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.0
« Last Edit: 2013-01-04 01:22:59 by EQ2Alyza »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: 2013-01-04 00:21:38 »
Fun fact: This release has been planned since October 31st, 2012.

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: 2013-01-04 03:12:38 »
I'm getting this in BootlegSFX_log.txt

[01/04/2013 04:03:55] Success   Patch started: D:\!\Final Fantasy VII\data\sound\BootlegSFX.exe
[01/04/2013 04:03:55] Success   Patch engine version: 1.0.0.0
[01/04/2013 04:03:55] Notice   Configuring More Info file.
[01/04/2013 04:03:55] Notice   Searching for target folder.
[01/04/2013 04:03:55] Notice   Analyzing folder from command line: BootlegSFX.exe
[01/04/2013 04:03:55] Notice   Analyzing source folder: D:\!\Final Fantasy VII\data\sound\
[01/04/2013 04:03:57] Error      Target folder not found. (1004)
[01/04/2013 04:03:57] Error      Patch failed. (1004)

This is after fresh reinstall of FF7 and running bootleg with all mods available (green).
Odd enough that I remember my first experience with Bootleg that applied New sounds successfully. Now I have no luck at all.

If I knew what exactly is happening during the steps of applying New Sounds I might figure out what went wrong.

Firefox23

• View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: 2013-01-04 18:33:18 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12008.msg195795#msg195795

Hey Brat,

I've just noticed the new Field and Battle Model for Cloud --- TA Bloodshot Edit --- isn't in your list for new mods to download, nor The Big List of Mods, nor listed in the report for Integrated Mods. The file names are:

Field - TAField.rar
Battle - TACloudBattleClassic.rar
Combined Pack - TA Cloud Pack.rar
All found here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13943.msg195808#msg195808

I haven't installed and tested them yet, but I'll assume if it's not Integrated then there won't be anything to install.

I am editing Tifa's Bootleg and found myself lost on what to post for it. Let me know what's up  :)

I just wanted to point out even If the "TA Bloodshot Edit" isn't listed in the report of integrated Mods (didn't check to be honest) it installs just fine if you download the Field and the battle model.
I also test the translation feature of Bootleg v40 which unfortunately don't seem to work

tried the following settings:
German disc version + don't translate in Bootleg Options results in ulgb.exe error (aborted after that)
Download Version (installed in German) + translate in German same result as above
English Disc version + translation feature results in numerous missing words (I think because of the long German words)

and thanks again for the help I received

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: 2013-01-04 21:42:48 »
Hi Firefox23

You can only use ulgp when the write protection has been removed from all files.
Let you view the properties of your game folder and remove the write protection there.

Firefox23

• View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: 2013-01-04 22:04:07 »
Are you sure?
I don't get any errors If install the English version of Final Fantasy VII, also I think the error is something strange like "ulgb.exe is missing..."

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: 2013-01-04 23:05:22 »
Are you sure?
I am sure that ulgp.exe (v0.7) fails, if your encoded file already exists and is read-only.
I am also sure that the German FF7 installed almost all files with write protection.
With the English version, I do not know, but suspect it.
If there is no ulgp.exe, ...

And now a question, do you mean ulgB or ulgP?

The last should be contained in Bootleg ...

Firefox23

• View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: 2013-01-05 08:56:23 »
Sorry i meant ulgp not ulgb

And you where right about the copy protection thing, but unfortunately it gives me still an error.

....Temp Dir/Booleg_Setup/Sprinkles.7z/ulgp.exe couldn't be found....

It's not that much of problem, I only wanted to test it if German is available for a friend of mine.

If it's not working that's unfortunate but it's only a videogame and I can still enjoy it in English, just wanted to point it out for future releases.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: 2013-01-05 10:39:53 »
When installing with French retranslation, it gives me the same error message than you :

....Temp Dir/Booleg_Setup/Sprinkles.7z/ulgp.exe couldn't be found....

racompave

• View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: 2013-01-05 16:48:25 »
Im having problems with the sound at the Inns and talking with NPCs, the Goodnight theme doesnt play and when I talk to some specific NPCs the text box appears like 10 seconds late.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: 2013-01-05 18:00:53 »
The Goodnight theme can not be played with Aalis driver.
Aali know that, but can't change.

In the other problem you could try to change some settings in the ff7_opengl.cfg, eg

compress_textures = off

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: 2013-01-05 19:03:10 »
The input was very helpful.
I've discovered the bug with the foreign language conversion.
It should work fairly well now that I've fixed it.
Meanwhile, use DLPB's converter to install Bootleg on foreign language versions of the game.