Author Topic: breaking down to p format problem  (Read 5067 times)

PH03N1XFURY

• Team Tianix IF ITS THERE WE'LL FIND IT
    • View Profile
breaking down to p format problem
« on: 2012-04-08 04:20:33 »
hi does anyone no any good tuts for breaking down a model and putting them in p format or is there anyone who can do it i have tons of models some ive created some ive got from other members of team tianix i have a wide range but i cannot break them down for ff7 i have been trying for ages with a model of titus from ffx  everytime i break it down it goes completely wrong am willing to post linking for people to do this thanks
« Last Edit: 2012-04-08 05:16:33 by PH03N1XFURY »

PH03N1XFURY

• View Profile
Re: breaking down to p format problem
« Reply #1 on: 2012-04-09 23:26:56 »
ive managed to break the model down but when im using pcreator and try to apply the textures (bmp) i get a error saying
run-time error 9
subscript out of range
any thoughts anyone + would be possible to run the textures from mod path or direct mode cheers

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #2 on: 2012-04-11 00:26:40 »
Pcreator can only open 8bit bmp files. Just save your 24bit into an 8bit for that step. Then convert the original 24bit to a tex file using img2tex for use in kimera.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-04-11 01:58:03 »
Pcreator can only open 8bit bmp files. Just save your 24bit into an 8bit for that step. Then convert the original 24bit to a tex file using img2tex for use in kimera.
Really? It's always worked for me.

Phoenix, it could be that you have vertices out and around the model that aren't supposed to be a part of it.  There have been other instances of this in the past and would be worth looking into.

PH03N1XFURY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-04-11 07:05:45 »
thanks grimmy i have managed to export the textured p model in 8 bit that was the problem i was using 24bit but i cant load the textures in kimera i tryed the ones i got from pcreator and the converted ones from img2tex and it didnt work i dont know what am doing wrong but the version of kimera im using (v0.95c) is different then the version in the video tutorials and i cant make out what version it is (bad quality video)

@ obesebear how do you do your models as you seem to disagree with grimmy of how its done and any help would be great cheers
heres a video of what im doing
http://youtu.be/U7dfUKoZ_WA
« Last Edit: 2012-04-11 08:57:34 by PH03N1XFURY »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-04-11 12:52:46 »
thanks grimmy i have managed to export the textured p model in 8 bit that was the problem i was using 24bit but i cant load the textures in kimera i tryed the ones i got from pcreator and the converted ones from img2tex and it didnt work i dont know what am doing wrong but the version of kimera im using (v0.95c) is different then the version in the video tutorials and i cant make out what version it is (bad quality video)

@ obesebear how do you do your models as you seem to disagree with grimmy of how its done and any help would be great cheers
heres a video of what im doing
http://youtu.be/U7dfUKoZ_WA
Seeing as how Grimmy was one of the people to teach me, I doubt my method is all that different from his.  However, looking at your video I can tell you that I never add any groups once in PCreator.   If I want to import his head and hair, then I combine the 2 meshes in Max before exporting them as 1 3ds file.  That means you also have to combine the 2 texture files and edit the UV's accordingly.  I can tell you the easiest way to avoid trouble is combining ALL of the texture files into 1.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-11 13:00:37 by Obesebear »

PH03N1XFURY

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-04-11 21:05:16 »
i tryed exporting just the head without the hair and i got the same result
i did it that in the video because the blokes video tuturial did it that way
cheers

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #7 on: 2012-04-11 23:28:15 »
So I found a strange thing testing 24 bit bmps in pcreator. Yep they sure do work, never tested that before. But a 32 bit gives me that error message If it is the first bmp i try and apply. However if I apply a 8 or 24 bit first then I can open and apply a 32 bit. Strange.

I also suggest joining all meshes as bear described. It makes further modding much simpler when every piece of the p file has the same tex id.

PH03N1XFURY

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-04-12 08:23:18 »
i did as you said and joined the meshes but when i load it in pcreator it doesnt export the uv (but still shows in blender and max) ive merged the textures for simply selection but they still dont work with kimera i have also tryed using img2tex with the same outcome (not working) i really am confused i no it must be something im do wrong but i dont know what so ill post a link so you can look for yourself and see if you can figure it out cheers

« Last Edit: 2012-04-17 09:30:31 by sl1982 »

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #9 on: 2012-04-17 03:22:49 »
Well Looking at your "head with joined meshes.3ds" I can tell you that the meshes aren't truly joined. In blender I would select each of those objects and hit ctrl+j, then click yes when prompted to join selected meshes. However you could also select the three meshes and export them at the same time. If you are using blender you can export a 3ds file, but it will have no uvs. I export as obj then import that into wings3d and export a 3ds. That 3ds will have the proper uvs. You can also use biturn to convert the obj to 3ds, but this can cause some uv map corruption.

PH03N1XFURY

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-04-17 07:59:49 »
Well Looking at your "head with joined meshes.3ds" I can tell you that the meshes aren't truly joined. In blender I would select each of those objects and hit ctrl+j, then click yes when prompted to join selected meshes. However you could also select the three meshes and export them at the same time. If you are using blender you can export a 3ds file, but it will have no uvs. I export as obj then import that into wings3d and export a 3ds. That 3ds will have the proper uvs. You can also use biturn to convert the obj to 3ds, but this can cause some uv map corruption.
ill try 3d wings method as biturn doesnt work anymore on my comp 4 some unknown reason i did join the meshes the way you said many times with ctrl+j and exported it as 3ds but when i open it back in blender they seperate again