Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839922 times)

NinoL

Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.991)
« Reply #10925 on: 2021-07-03 16:42:42 »
Hey. First of all big fan of the mod.

I just have one question. Am I doing something wrong with the field music or does it not work at the moment? I still get the regular battle music.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: 2021-07-04 11:21:41 »
Hey Sega. I know FF8 has taken the priority. Any news on customizable stat pots for 2.0 though? Would definitely make for a great enhancement, in my opinion.

I'll see if I can implement it for next patch.

Hey. First of all big fan of the mod.

I just have one question. Am I doing something wrong with the field music or does it not work at the moment? I still get the regular battle music.

When you toggle the music to Field at a save point, does it still play the regular battle theme for encounters? Bosses and certain mandatory encounters will use the battle/boss theme though regardless of setting.

Edit: Thanks to T. W. for the donation.
« Last Edit: 2021-07-05 02:46:39 by Sega Chief »

NinoL

« Reply #10927 on: 2021-07-05 17:31:59 »
My mistake. I had to restart the game in order for the field music to work.  :-D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: 2021-07-12 12:30:26 »
Just to inform people, there was a security leak of an admin account for this forum today and the database containing user information such as emails & passwords (hashed) was acquired. It's recommended that you change your password for your qhimm account and for any accounts using the same email as a precaution.

Menkhor

• View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: 2021-07-13 06:16:14 »
I have to ask this here, because I can't seem to find the answer anywhere on the internet.. I am currently playing NT 1.5 and am trying to morph Eligor for the Silver Glasses (and steal the Striking Staff :roll: ), and have seen a video on YouTube of someone fighting it with the Sense materia (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rDnCwXn7pg). How did he acquire a Sense materia for this fight?? Did 2.0 change something that I'm not seeing in the documentation?

And also, in the base game you get your first Sense materia shortly after this, once the plate collapses, in the playground. I'm not sure if another mod has changed it, but in it's place I get a Counter Attack materia (much earlier! :o ). I've tried reading all of the NT documentation to no avail. Can anyone help me out here?  :-\
« Last Edit: 2021-07-13 06:18:08 by Menkhor »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: 2021-07-14 10:52:34 »
I have to ask this here, because I can't seem to find the answer anywhere on the internet.. I am currently playing NT 1.5 and am trying to morph Eligor for the Silver Glasses (and steal the Striking Staff :roll: ), and have seen a video on YouTube of someone fighting it with the Sense materia (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rDnCwXn7pg). How did he acquire a Sense materia for this fight?? Did 2.0 change something that I'm not seeing in the documentation?

And also, in the base game you get your first Sense materia shortly after this, once the plate collapses, in the playground. I'm not sure if another mod has changed it, but in it's place I get a Counter Attack materia (much earlier! :o ). I've tried reading all of the NT documentation to no avail. Can anyone help me out here?  :-\

there is a fair amount of changes 1.5 compared to v2 should treat them as entirely seperate mods imo.

for v1.5 u can get sense very early think its possible to buy early however wil check  later on today when home and play through real fast.  theres another option very late game inplacea of witem materia location theres a mastered sense instead.   

- Materia given during 1st visit to 7th heaven tifa's bar. on leaving whilst downstairs directly after materia tutorial.

« Last Edit: 2021-07-15 03:19:45 by wdx »

MrMadakey

• View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: 2021-07-14 17:31:57 »
So I have a question for you Sega Chief also some compliments (Hopefully they come across that way)

So ever since I've played new threat which is actually around a year ago I never actually finished the mod back then but then I went back to it recently. A lot of changes since I first played and a lot of very fun balance. Some frustrating moments but due to my own fault.

Now with all that said I had a genuinely amazing time playing this mod, however it's done something to me.. Now I'm always looking for the next "New Threat"

To explain what I mean by this I've now got into the habit of looking up mods on the old final fantasy games trying to find something that compares to new threat. To no avail sadly.

So here's my question to you Sega Chief if you're willing to answer. Are there any mods that you recommend that come close to this sort of overhaul? I understand if you don't want to answer but with that said you've done such a fantastic job here it's very hard to find anything that even comes close to comparing. Any FF game that is up to you just wondering if you know of something that will scratch the itch I have.

Again seriously fantastic mod I can not recommend this more to people it really changes FF7 in an amazing way!

AnsgarTOdinson

• View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: 2021-07-15 08:13:03 »
Scratch the previous question.  Is there a way to reverse the A and B buttons in the tutorial dialog?  It doesnt match my 7h button config.

One last question, in the vanilla combat version, are there still party members hanging out in towns and can you still revive Aeris?
« Last Edit: 2021-07-15 10:07:25 by AnsgarTOdinson »

Menkhor

• View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: 2021-07-15 08:36:49 »
there is a fair amount of changes 1.5 compared to v2 should treat them as entirely seperate mods imo.

for v1.5 u can get sense very early think its possible to buy early however wil check  later on today when home and play through real fast.  theres another option very late game inplacea of witem materia location theres a mastered sense instead.   

- Materia given during 1st visit to 7th heaven tifa's bar. on leaving whilst downstairs directly after materia tutorial.

Thanks, I don't know why I couldn't find that. I must have skipped the materia tutorial, and therefore didn't get a Sense materia (I also seemed to miss a bunch of other materia equipped to Aeris, like Earth and Barrier. Might have been because I didn't fight with her in the church..?). Either way, I think my save file was borked because I also had a few weapons that I shouldn't have (the triple AP ones from the Gelnika), so I've just started over again.

Thanks very much for the help though, appreciate it!  8-)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: 2021-07-15 14:45:16 »

In 1.5, Sense was replaced by a Counter Attack Materia in the Sector 6 playgroun and Sense was acquired if you go through the Materia tutorial with Barret (this was a mistake as I think it was supposed to be set to be acquired regardless but it got stuck behind the Materia Tutorial dialogue option route).

In 2.0, Sense should be acquired from the Sector 6 playground like in default. But on Type B, I think it's unobtainable there due to how that plays out and would need to be bought later instead. I'll change it up so that in 1.5 it's acquired in Sector 7 no matter what, and in 2.0 will be available for pickup earlier so it's available for Type A and Type B.

So I have a question for you Sega Chief also some compliments (Hopefully they come across that way)

So ever since I've played new threat which is actually around a year ago I never actually finished the mod back then but then I went back to it recently. A lot of changes since I first played and a lot of very fun balance. Some frustrating moments but due to my own fault.

Now with all that said I had a genuinely amazing time playing this mod, however it's done something to me.. Now I'm always looking for the next "New Threat"

To explain what I mean by this I've now got into the habit of looking up mods on the old final fantasy games trying to find something that compares to new threat. To no avail sadly.

So here's my question to you Sega Chief if you're willing to answer. Are there any mods that you recommend that come close to this sort of overhaul? I understand if you don't want to answer but with that said you've done such a fantastic job here it's very hard to find anything that even comes close to comparing. Any FF game that is up to you just wondering if you know of something that will scratch the itch I have.

Again seriously fantastic mod I can not recommend this more to people it really changes FF7 in an amazing way!

You could try Brave New World (BNW) for FF6 (http://ngplus.net/index.php?/forums/forum/5-final-fantasy-vi-brave-new-world/), The Ragnarok mod for FF8 (https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18404.0), or Alternate Fantasy for FF9 (https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16324.0).

Scratch the previous question.  Is there a way to reverse the A and B buttons in the tutorial dialog?  It doesnt match my 7h button config.

One last question, in the vanilla combat version, are there still party members hanging out in towns and can you still revive Aeris?

In dialogue boxes the button icons are static unfortunately.

For vanilla combat; yes to both, the field scripting changes were (mostly) kept intact.

Thanks, I don't know why I couldn't find that. I must have skipped the materia tutorial, and therefore didn't get a Sense materia (I also seemed to miss a bunch of other materia equipped to Aeris, like Earth and Barrier. Might have been because I didn't fight with her in the church..?). Either way, I think my save file was borked because I also had a few weapons that I shouldn't have (the triple AP ones from the Gelnika), so I've just started over again.

Thanks very much for the help though, appreciate it!  8-)

If you have triple AP weapons then it may mean that you either started from a pre-existing save file or the kernel hasn't been patched or was overwritten. Did you have a spell names mod on for instance? If it was Bonez' one then there should be a compatibility option for NT in its config.

MrMadakey

• View Profile
« Reply #10935 on: 2021-07-15 18:22:28 »
You could try Brave New World (BNW) for FF6 (http://ngplus.net/index.php?/forums/forum/5-final-fantasy-vi-brave-new-world/), The Ragnarok mod for FF8 (https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18404.0), or Alternate Fantasy for FF9 (https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16324.0).

This is perfect thank you and once again, EXTREMELY well played with New threat. Seriously will be returning to FF7 with this mod every time I play! Genuinely that good

AnsgarTOdinson

• View Profile
« Reply #10936 on: 2021-07-16 02:48:36 »
Let me start of by saying, absolutely wonderful work.  I love how you fixed a lot of the wonky dialog.

I have been having some issues with the air buster.  Visually, it is not always facing the way it is currently facing in battle leaving quite a bit of guesswork as to which way it is meant to be facing.

I was also wondering if there are any plans to do a vanilla combat version of 2.0?
« Last Edit: 2021-07-16 15:04:23 by AnsgarTOdinson »

FFIXFAN

• View Profile
« Reply #10937 on: 2021-07-19 06:47:20 »
Hey just posting to say absolutely love the mod. 2.0 type B is soo good. One nit pick I cant get the modern spell namesod from tsunamods to work i selected new threat 2 but it still shows ice ice 2 etc.

syamilrosham

• View Profile
« Reply #10938 on: 2021-07-19 12:23:50 »
Hi Sega Chief, first of all I'd like to thank you for this amazing mod. I've completed v1.5 and now I'm trying to start with v2.0.

However, during the opening mission, I'm stucked here because the gate is closed and can't go anywhere.
https://imgur.com/a/pwqQL7P

Please advise, thanks!
« Last Edit: 2021-07-19 12:29:26 by syamilrosham »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10939 on: 2021-07-19 12:45:58 »
Let me start of by saying, absolutely wonderful work.  I love how you fixed a lot of the wonky dialog.

I have been having some issues with the air buster.  Visually, it is not always facing the way it is currently facing in battle leaving quite a bit of guesswork as to which way it is meant to be facing.

I was also wondering if there are any plans to do a vanilla combat version of 2.0?

Air Buster I think I've sorted out in the 2.0 build, but for 1.5 and older it'll have that vanilla thing where it's last facing target will be whoever attacked it last (or whoever he attacked last) with the turn animations not actually updating his facing direction. If you encountered this on 2.0 though, then let me know and I'll revisit it.

I could maybe try and do a 2.0 vanilla combat version, as the encounter table used is very close to the default game unlike the 1.5 build where I had to restore it across most of the fields. I have a week holiday coming up next month I think which would be an opportunity.

Hey just posting to say absolutely love the mod. 2.0 type B is soo good. One nit pick I cant get the modern spell namesod from tsunamods to work i selected new threat 2 but it still shows ice ice 2 etc.

I think there should be a NT compatability option (if this is the Bonez one); might be that it needs to be moved above or below NT in the mod load order.

Hi Sega Chief, first of all I'd like to thank you for this amazing mod. I've completed v1.5 and now I'm trying to start with v2.0.

However, during the opening mission, I'm stucked here because the gate is closed and can't go anywhere.
https://imgur.com/a/pwqQL7P

Please advise, thanks!

This is on Type B, right? I think I know what it is; based on the field logic, it may be that you've not talked to Jessie lower down in the Reactor (her foot is stuck, like in vanilla). I know that she's present there in the field, but it's because I haven't accounted for that scenario in my script so she appears regardless but the doors are locked up. When heading up, make sure to talk to Jessie and the scene should proceed as intended.

What I'll need to do is add a condition that if Jessie was missed on the way up, it keeps the scene locked up.
« Last Edit: 2021-07-19 12:47:38 by Sega Chief »

AnsgarTOdinson

• View Profile
« Reply #10940 on: 2021-07-19 13:08:25 »
That would be super awesome!  I am loving the subtle changes to help localize dialog, absolutely adore how you handled introducing Yuffie and commend the awesome way you handled the ability to save Aerith but would love to play with the original combat and with all the materia and items where they used to be for the sake of nostalgia :)

syamilrosham

• View Profile
« Reply #10941 on: 2021-07-19 13:24:28 »
This is on Type B, right? I think I know what it is; based on the field logic, it may be that you've not talked to Jessie lower down in the Reactor (her foot is stuck, like in vanilla). I know that she's present there in the field, but it's because I haven't accounted for that scenario in my script so she appears regardless but the doors are locked up. When heading up, make sure to talk to Jessie and the scene should proceed as intended.

What I'll need to do is add a condition that if Jessie was missed on the way up, it keeps the scene locked up.

Yes, this is type B. I did talked to Jessie and helped her (https://imgur.com/zgML4is).
I also talked to Biggs (https://imgur.com/DQcbs2o) but as he run up the stairs to the elevator, he disappeared at the yellow circle spot (https://imgur.com/APCDRbi).
I suspect this is the problem, because if I went back down the elevator, Jessie will ask me to save Biggs again (https://imgur.com/7btD0H1).

AChad92

• View Profile
« Reply #10942 on: 2021-07-20 02:31:05 »
I am having a hard time trying to get Tifa's final limit break, I'm playing the New Threat 2.0 do we still get it from the piano or is it a different method?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10943 on: 2021-07-20 13:52:21 »
Yes, this is type B. I did talked to Jessie and helped her (https://imgur.com/zgML4is).
I also talked to Biggs (https://imgur.com/DQcbs2o) but as he run up the stairs to the elevator, he disappeared at the yellow circle spot (https://imgur.com/APCDRbi).
I suspect this is the problem, because if I went back down the elevator, Jessie will ask me to save Biggs again (https://imgur.com/7btD0H1).

Ah, so there's actually a different issue at work here. Do you have the Play as Jessie in Reactor 1 mod active? I didn't add an event where you have to pick up Biggs on the way up but I think the Jessie mod does so this might be what's interfering with the event handling (unsure of full impact). I'd advise trying this part out without that mod active (if it is installed) and hopefully it'll work. If not, I'll either need the save file or a start over will be needed without that mod active.

I am having a hard time trying to get Tifa's final limit break, I'm playing the New Threat 2.0 do we still get it from the piano or is it a different method?

It should be the same as original method, playing the piano. I'm unsure though if Cloud needs to be party leader with Tifa present, or if Tifa needs to be party leader (set through Operation Room in the Highwind after visiting the bottom of north crater and returning to unlock the party leader swap feature). I'll check it myself though and see if it is triggering the event or not.

AChad92

• View Profile
« Reply #10944 on: 2021-07-20 16:45:04 »
Awesome, let me try Tifa as leader. Thank you!

MrMadakey

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10945 on: 2021-07-21 07:06:04 »
The Ribbon can only be acquired from one place, the boss battle at the end of Disc 1 if
Spoiler: show
Aeris Dies

Sorry to bring up an old subject but can this still be obtained by morphing tonberry's in 2.0 ?

I just did the thing and now wondering if I should go back or not  :-\

(Yes I restarted for the third time this month I really do enjoy this mod...)
« Last Edit: 2021-07-21 07:11:00 by MrMadakey »

syamilrosham

• View Profile
« Reply #10946 on: 2021-07-21 11:34:39 »
Ah, so there's actually a different issue at work here. Do you have the Play as Jessie in Reactor 1 mod active? I didn't add an event where you have to pick up Biggs on the way up but I think the Jessie mod does so this might be what's interfering with the event handling (unsure of full impact). I'd advise trying this part out without that mod active (if it is installed) and hopefully it'll work. If not, I'll either need the save file or a start over will be needed without that mod active.

Hi Sega Chief, you are right, I think I enabled Misc. catalog which has Jessie Mod enabled (https://imgur.com/1fl7Ieg).
In the elevator where Jessie Mod supposed to trigger, I did not really recruit her but the script clash still happens.
After I disable it, Biggs no longer appear, but the gate is still closed.

I actually need to restart a new fresh new game again for it to fix.

Thank you for your prompt response, I really appreciate it, keep up the amazing work my man.   

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10947 on: 2021-07-21 15:37:49 »
Sorry to bring up an old subject but can this still be obtained by morphing tonberry's in 2.0 ?

I just did the thing and now wondering if I should go back or not  :-\

(Yes I restarted for the third time this month I really do enjoy this mod...)

I'm afraid not; but it's given me an idea. It'll be obtainable in the next patch on Disc 3.

Hi Sega Chief, you are right, I think I enabled Misc. catalog which has Jessie Mod enabled (https://imgur.com/1fl7Ieg).
In the elevator where Jessie Mod supposed to trigger, I did not really recruit her but the script clash still happens.
After I disable it, Biggs no longer appear, but the gate is still closed.

I actually need to restart a new fresh new game again for it to fix.

Thank you for your prompt response, I really appreciate it, keep up the amazing work my man.   

I'll need to add it to the mod's XML to restrict it, or maybe add some sort of contingency for it to the actual field script. Thanks for testing it out.

MrMadakey

• View Profile
« Reply #10948 on: 2021-07-21 16:56:34 »
I'm afraid not; but it's given me an idea. It'll be obtainable in the next patch on Disc 3.

I look forward to it!!

Arcanus729

• View Profile
« Reply #10949 on: 2021-07-24 18:08:34 »
Sega, a million thanks for the amazing mod! I just wanted to ask a question, I am playing type b at the moment and missed the matra enemy skill from the Sample opt enemy. I managed to get laser but it seems that I killed them too fast to have them attack me with matra. Is there any other way to get it? Thank you!