Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837209 times)

Vir

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.991)
« Reply #10950 on: 2021-07-25 17:16:31 »
Hi, this is awesome! My thanks.

I may have found an unintended opportunity? In the flashback, I arrived at the rope bridge and went back. Shinra soldiers and a gray panther told me the place was off limits. Seph killed them w Bahamut and Cloud wondered if Shinra had beaten them there. Probably they were meant for later.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10951 on: 2021-07-26 09:04:49 »
Sega, a million thanks for the amazing mod! I just wanted to ask a question, I am playing type b at the moment and missed the matra enemy skill from the Sample opt enemy. I managed to get laser but it seems that I killed them too fast to have them attack me with matra. Is there any other way to get it? Thank you!

You can get it from a Custom Sweeper in Midgar area of the World Map (dark wasteland areas rather than the grass areas).

Hi, this is awesome! My thanks.

I may have found an unintended opportunity? In the flashback, I arrived at the rope bridge and went back. Shinra soldiers and a gray panther told me the place was off limits. Seph killed them w Bahamut and Cloud wondered if Shinra had beaten them there. Probably they were meant for later.

They're intended for later, yeah; the condition hiding them probably only deals with the panning shot when the flashback group is making their way to the rope bridge so that'll need to be modified so they don't appear at all during the flashback.

dmg1994

• View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: 2021-07-26 12:02:54 »
Hi, I tried this mod for FFVII, and I got to say that is awesome, thanks for all your good work.

But I think something is wrong with the hard mode in new threat v2.0:

In hard mode, enemies are suppose to give less XP than in standard mode, but I get just the opposite, in standard mode I receive less XP than in hard.

Besides, some enemies spawn at less level than in standard mode.

I receive 0 gil at hard mode, is the only thing that I think is working well.

Why do you think is happening me this?

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: 2021-07-28 04:40:26 »
im having a blast for the second time with this mod. But im not sure that my game is patched 100% correct. Barret limit break Mindblow is not damaging  HP, just MP, and inflicting berserk and confuse. Why in  the description it says that scales with MAG? So, more MAG = more MP damage?

Holyblades1982

• View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: 2021-07-28 18:19:08 »
Just want to say I am LOVING this mod as it feels like a totally new game.  I do have a question though....are there missable items/gear? I know alot of things can be stolen/morphed but are all of these items able to be picked up somewhere else as well? Also I believe  I missed a 1/35 soldier in midgar...will I be able to go back at some point to get this? Biggest thing that turns me off in games is when I feel like I need to follow a guide to get everything on the first go.  Keep up the great work!

syamilrosham

• View Profile
« Reply #10955 on: 2021-07-29 09:57:27 »
Hi Sega Chief, just want to say the fight vs Jenova Life is amazing!
I love the update compared to ver1.5, this mod is awesome.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: 2021-07-29 20:43:25 »
I do have a question though....are there missable items/gear? I know alot of things can be stolen/morphed but are all of these items able to be picked up somewhere else as well? Also I believe  I missed a 1/35 soldier in midgar..

some items are unique from some places can try berubs item list or my own guide (which is aimed ta helping a type b no sp hard mode no exp playthrough for missibles :) )  your unlikely to of missed 1/35th soldier all were moved to revisitable locations in later versions.

Holyblades1982

• View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: 2021-07-31 09:39:11 »
I am near the end of the game (just got to the crater) and I still do not have the long range materia.  apparently i missed this in rocket town? where is this located now?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10958 on: 2021-07-31 13:15:58 »
Hi, I tried this mod for FFVII, and I got to say that is awesome, thanks for all your good work.

But I think something is wrong with the hard mode in new threat v2.0:

In hard mode, enemies are suppose to give less XP than in standard mode, but I get just the opposite, in standard mode I receive less XP than in hard.

Besides, some enemies spawn at less level than in standard mode.

I receive 0 gil at hard mode, is the only thing that I think is working well.

Why do you think is happening me this?

I made some adjustments in a recent patch to boost EXP given rather than reducing it, think it's 20% extra or so, but the gil given is still 0'd. It's likely that I haven't updated the documentation with this change.

im having a blast for the second time with this mod. But im not sure that my game is patched 100% correct. Barret limit break Mindblow is not damaging  HP, just MP, and inflicting berserk and confuse. Why in  the description it says that scales with MAG? So, more MAG = more MP damage?

That'll be the executable that isn't patched, which covers a loose assortment of things one of which is the Limit Breaks. Are you playing through 7th Heaven, Reunion, or the stand-alone installer?

Just want to say I am LOVING this mod as it feels like a totally new game.  I do have a question though....are there missable items/gear? I know alot of things can be stolen/morphed but are all of these items able to be picked up somewhere else as well? Also I believe  I missed a 1/35 soldier in midgar...will I be able to go back at some point to get this? Biggest thing that turns me off in games is when I feel like I need to follow a guide to get everything on the first go.  Keep up the great work!

I've tried to make everything unmissable, and I adjusted the 1/35 soldier item placements to also be unmissable. The Item & Materia placements document in the documentation folder (can be downloaded from front post of this thread) has their new updated locations listed at the bottom.

Hi Sega Chief, just want to say the fight vs Jenova Life is amazing!
I love the update compared to ver1.5, this mod is awesome.

Cheers; I think that fight throws people for a loop a little bit.

I am near the end of the game (just got to the crater) and I still do not have the long range materia.  apparently i missed this in rocket town? where is this located now?

It's given as one of the rewards for turning in the 3 items to the Kalm Traveller (I think the Earth Harp one), or if not that then it's part of the 3-item bonus for turning in all 3 items. I'll place it down somewhere and replace it here.

syamilrosham

• View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: 2021-07-31 17:05:47 »

At the Rocket Town's Launch Pad area, you can find it under a tree on the left side of the screen.

Holyblades1982

• View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: 2021-07-31 21:04:35 »
I really appreciate the fast responses here.  I have a few more questions.  I still do not have Aeris back in my party...am I able to bring her back? Also I am having issues finding Barret's ultimate weapon from that scorpion boss that it is showing in the notepad file.  Also, is there a way to farm ribbons? I tried morphing a master tonberry but only got an aegis armlet.  I also cannot seem to get Tifa's Final Heaven limit break after playing the piano multiple times correctly.  I did select "jam on it" and did play it correctly in the flashback and got the elemental materia.  She is also in my party.  Is there something else I must do? Basically just need Tifa's limit break, Barret's ultimate weapon and find a way to bring aeris back if possible.

Edit: I found the boss for Barret's weapon but it seems like my game is bugged where I cannot get final heaven.  Also still cannot find the long range materia in Rocket Town and I cannot get back to the launch pad.  I am going to halt my game here until I get confirmation from Sega Chief.  If I somehow messed up getting Aeris back and being able to obtain Tifa's Final Heaven I may just restart at some point later down the road....this is a bit frustrating.
« Last Edit: 2021-08-01 00:53:08 by Holyblades1982 »

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: 2021-08-01 03:17:37 »
"That'll be the executable that isn't patched, which covers a loose assortment of things one of which is the Limit Breaks. Are you playing through 7th Heaven, Reunion, or the stand-alone installer?"

7th heaven

Edit:
Just to be clear

Mindblow is damaging MP and inflicting Confuse+Berserk, scales with MAG

So, my game is alright?
« Last Edit: 2021-08-01 03:24:38 by rgmarks »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: 2021-08-01 11:32:57 »
At the Rocket Town's Launch Pad area, you can find it under a tree on the left side of the screen.

Yeah, but I think that screen becomes inaccessible after the rocket launch.

I really appreciate the fast responses here.  I have a few more questions.  I still do not have Aeris back in my party...am I able to bring her back? Also I am having issues finding Barret's ultimate weapon from that scorpion boss that it is showing in the notepad file.  Also, is there a way to farm ribbons? I tried morphing a master tonberry but only got an aegis armlet.  I also cannot seem to get Tifa's Final Heaven limit break after playing the piano multiple times correctly.  I did select "jam on it" and did play it correctly in the flashback and got the elemental materia.  She is also in my party.  Is there something else I must do? Basically just need Tifa's limit break, Barret's ultimate weapon and find a way to bring aeris back if possible.

Edit: I found the boss for Barret's weapon but it seems like my game is bugged where I cannot get final heaven.  Also still cannot find the long range materia in Rocket Town and I cannot get back to the launch pad.  I am going to halt my game here until I get confirmation from Sega Chief.  If I somehow messed up getting Aeris back and being able to obtain Tifa's Final Heaven I may just restart at some point later down the road....this is a bit frustrating.

So For Final Heaven, you may need to swap to Tifa as party leader (this is done through the Operations Room on the Highwind, a new NPC standing on the right; this NPC appears after the party has reached the bottom of North Crater and then returned).

Spoiler: show
For Aeris, this is handled by a dialogue choice in 1.5 where the 2nd option keeps her around and in 2.0 is handled within the battle against Jenova-LIFE itself, where midway she'll be revived by the boss and attack the party; if she survives the battle then she'll stick around, if not the party gets a Ribbon accessory instead (currently the only one that exists within the mod). However, there's a way around it; on the Highwind is an NPC that acts as a kind of debug scripts guy to fix save files when bugs occur, etc. He has a toggle switch to put Aeris back in the party. He's the one walking around near the black-robed merchant on the Highwind near the Save Point.

"That'll be the executable that isn't patched, which covers a loose assortment of things one of which is the Limit Breaks. Are you playing through 7th Heaven, Reunion, or the stand-alone installer?"

7th heaven

Edit:
Just to be clear

Mindblow is damaging MP and inflicting Confuse+Berserk, scales with MAG

So, my game is alright?

I've made a mistake, I read the MP-damage part and assumed it wasn't patched. Is this 1.5 or 2.0? I'll need to adjust it to inflict damage instead of MP damage.

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: 2021-08-02 00:40:58 »

I've made a mistake, I read the MP-damage part and assumed it wasn't patched. Is this 1.5 or 2.0? I'll need to adjust it to inflict damage instead of MP damage.

its 2.0, in 7th heaven iro, so ok, going to wait the update

Holyblades1982

• View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: 2021-08-02 05:24:29 »
Thank you so much for this! I was able to get Aeris back and also get Tifa's limit break.  I now cannot find Aeris' 4th limit break when it says it is in the mansion.  Also Cait Sith is now named as "cloud" after I brought Aeris back.  I don't care about Cait Sith's name being messed up but really was hoping I could still get Aeris' final limit break.
« Last Edit: 2021-08-02 16:08:55 by Holyblades1982 »

Holyblades1982

• View Profile
« Reply #10965 on: 2021-08-03 04:56:40 »
Also I have looked for some guides to show all super bosses and cannot seem to locate anything for 2.0.  Is there a list of super bosses out there somewhere? So far I have killed all the cave bosses and Emerald but I hear there are 2 new variants for ruby and emerald?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10966 on: 2021-08-03 07:53:25 »
Also I have looked for some guides to show all super bosses and cannot seem to locate anything for 2.0.  Is there a list of super bosses out there somewhere? So far I have killed all the cave bosses and Emerald but I hear there are 2 new variants for ruby and emerald?

there is a boss called
 the calamity
which you have the option to unlock
 feed silver chocobo at the icicle area pahsana greens
to get the clues then solve.

check highwind NPC to the left of cait after point of no return for indivual missions listed.

there is no alternatives to ruby/emerald. perhaps your thinking of v1.5 where there was carmine weapon etc alongside the 'dark cave' side quests where many more 'superbosses' were to be found.  the battle mechanics are different to the original esp ruby :)

'The Curator'
is another 'superboss', which is not hidden. found outside the 
 diorama in the shinra tower

« Last Edit: 2021-08-03 07:56:52 by wdx »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: 2021-08-03 07:55:40 »
I now cannot find Aeris' 4th limit break when it says it is in the mansion.

try the
basement shinra mansion in nibelheim. might be a one trigger fight only thou? if you have clouds you should have aries.

Holyblades1982

• View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: 2021-08-03 13:09:07 »
I received cloud's before I "activated" aeris again using the debug guy on the ship so I am probably out of luck? no other cutscene triggers down there.  Yea I double checked and the scene will not trigger again so it looks like I am out of luck on the Great Gospel.  Sega Chief is there any way this can be patched in so we are still able to retrieve her limit break if we finish Cloud's omnislash quest before re-activating Aeris using the debug guy on the airship?
« Last Edit: 2021-08-03 14:25:18 by Holyblades1982 »

Holyblades1982

• View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: 2021-08-04 06:23:25 »
there is a boss called
 the calamity
which you have the option to unlock
 feed silver chocobo at the icicle area pahsana greens
to get the clues then solve.

check highwind NPC to the left of cait after point of no return for indivual missions listed.

there is no alternatives to ruby/emerald. perhaps your thinking of v1.5 where there was carmine weapon etc alongside the 'dark cave' side quests where many more 'superbosses' were to be found.  the battle mechanics are different to the original esp ruby :)

'The Curator'
is another 'superboss', which is not hidden. found outside the 
 diorama in the shinra tower

I also already broke the rocks in the Gi cave so I cannot get to the Gi Spectre again I am assuming? Or can this be found elsewhere?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: 2021-08-04 07:10:12 »
I also already broke the rocks in the Gi cave so I cannot get to the Gi Spectre again I am assuming? Or can this be found elsewhere?

not sure if the
battle square
could count worth a try, but location not revisitable in general.

Holyblades1982

• View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: 2021-08-04 14:25:50 »
not sure if the
battle square
could count worth a try, but location not revisitable in general.

I will give the battle square a try.  You can get back into the cave for Red's final limit break but these enemies no longer spawn in here.

ry6r

• View Profile
« Reply #10972 on: 2021-08-04 21:54:09 »
hey did i lock utlima weapon out of the game?

edit: nvm couldn't find him for 2 days then i ran right into him lol 
« Last Edit: 2021-08-07 21:20:21 by ry6r »

Monk0503

• View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: 2021-08-06 02:40:50 »
Loving the NT mod! Is the hardcore gameplay mod in 7th Heaven the same as the one created by gjoerulv? Can you explain what the different gameplay configurations are-harder items, lost wing, reasonable difficulty, scene redux? Thanks!

Edit-never mind, found the read me links. Lost Wing looks interesting, anyone try it and have thoughts or feedback?
« Last Edit: 2021-08-07 02:27:11 by Monk0503 »

Cavist

• View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: 2021-08-06 09:16:40 »
Hello

Is it possible to play it on MS Store version of FF7 for pc or is it original 98' or Steam versions only and there is no way and future plan to support windows store edition?