Author Topic: How to get to FF7 end credits for mod testing purposes?  (Read 5775 times)

CaptRobau

• View Profile
I need to get to the FF7 end credits to test redone graphics for that part. Does anyone know what the quickest way to get to them is?

Maybe one of these options:
1. A trainer program that can let me skip to there?
2. A cheat code that can let me skip to there?
3. The closest possible save point to the credits plus a way to quickly kill of any enemy encounters past that save point?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Re: How to get to FF7 end credits for mod testing purposes?
« Reply #1 on: 2020-12-21 17:21:51 »
https://ff7.live/othersoftware.html if you download ochu from there and then stick this file: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/285894248988016640/790642011044577330/1999_-_73h41m23s_-_Bottom_of_Great_Crater.ss in ochu's data folder, its a save where you've already defeated sephiroth, just have to omnislash sephiroth with cloud and then watch the ending, not sure how to fast forward the ending to get to the credits though

edit: https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=20269.msg281205#msg281205 maybe this will work to fast forward, worked for me before to fast forward through aeris death scene
« Last Edit: 2020-12-21 20:15:35 by -Ori »

CaptRobau

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-12-22 17:47:16 »
Hey Ori. Thanks for the quick reply. Tried out the speed thing and that worked great. Also used Ochu to skip past battles. Because I couldn't load that save. I put it in the correct save folder and everything but couldn't find a button in Ochu to actually load it.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #3 on: 2020-12-22 18:15:04 »
you just right click on the 'states' screen with that save displayed in the box and click 'load' (you must have already loaded a game and be on the field or world map)

but dlpb says you can actually skip straight to the credits with ochu, although probably requires one of the more advanced functions of it that i havent used, might just need to read the help file that comes with it - i havent done that either so dont feel bad  :-D

edit: the file goes in data/save not just data, sorry
« Last Edit: 2020-12-23 00:38:28 by -Ori »

CaptRobau

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-12-24 07:39:31 »
I did all those instructions but I still can't load that save. Very strange.

Any way the speed up + end battle check box was enough to get from the last normal save through to this end bit and onto the end credits pretty quickly (maybe 5 mins). So I was able to do about 4 tests this way and I have finished up redoing and testing all graphics in the end credits. Thank you for helping me check off another part of my Remako mod's tasks.