Author Topic: Very strange... FFVII  (Read 7086 times)

Poru

Very strange... FFVII
« on: 2005-05-03 18:33:14 »
An odd problem this is.

Just got to Kalm, and started Cloud's flashback, now, when it gets to the fight with that dragon, neither Cloud nor Sephiroth can actually hit the thing. Just constant missing.
What the hell is wrong with it, I don't know.
I've downloaded the XP patch, that did nothing. I'm out of ideas.

Help?

rmco2003

Very strange... FFVII
« Reply #1 on: 2005-05-03 18:36:53 »
I got this bug, just use the save file editor to give cloud some good materia so he can kill the dragon and then you'll commence with the scene.

Poru

Very strange... FFVII
« Reply #2 on: 2005-05-03 18:38:22 »
I was hoping I wouldn't have to resort to that, but thanks anyway.

These forums are scarily helpful, though.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Re: Very strange... FFVII
« Reply #3 on: 2005-05-03 22:57:21 »
Quote from: Poru
An odd problem this is.

Just got to Kalm, and started Cloud's flashback, now, when it gets to the fight with that dragon, neither Cloud nor Sephiroth can actually hit the thing. Just constant missing.
What the hell is wrong with it, I don't know.
I've downloaded the XP patch, that did nothing. I'm out of ideas.

Help?

i had the same problem and did the same thing as rmco2003 but i give  Sephiroth a Weapon

Poru

Very strange... FFVII
« Reply #4 on: 2005-05-03 23:31:51 »
Yeah I just ended up using Knights of the Round on him.
Sounds like overkill, but they only did around 300 each hit.

A very random bug, though, wonder what causes it.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Very strange... FFVII
« Reply #5 on: 2005-05-04 00:55:16 »
well if you used a save editor. looked on what Weapons Sephiroth itis not the right 1 for him. but i dont know why but i think itis to do with 1 of the patch's.

iam i got problems but i well post about later i needd sleep now.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-04-29 05:21:35 »
its due to the fact that sephy and vincent are bundled together and gets a random item called "tvest" as w weapon which is actually just the computer's way of saying that you have absolutely no weapon.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-05-21 08:09:38 »
Is this just an artifact of using the save file editor in the first place?

Does this happen on a fresh save file that did not use the save editor? The same thing happened to me as well.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-05-21 13:54:33 »
The same thing happened to me before, but at the time I wasn't using any mods at all.
I was just patched to 1.0.2

It's a strange one alright.  :?

TnTonly

« Reply #9 on: 2008-05-21 19:44:34 »
I've countered another strange problem.

Just before fightin' the water dragon under  the big canon to help the little girl (middle of Disc 1), I saved and fight the dragon just like the story.

But right before it died, it threw a final attack that make all of my crew died, and, you know, game over.

Then I reloaded my save file and go out to find Yuffie.

Well, the battle with Yuffie begin, and when I won...

I entered the battle with the water dragon right away! WTH? And when I won the battle, the story continued, and I had to search for Yuffie another time.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-05-21 21:03:36 »
Well as far as the Yuffie thing is concerned, that's just F'in weird.  :?
But as for the "Water Dragon" I forget it's name for now haha, It always throws one last aattack at me when I kill it, liek a final strike kinda thing, so yeah.  I think that part is normal. ;-)

LJH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-05-22 01:49:10 »
Hm.
I've fought it without seeing it use a final attack before (dunno if that's a bug or if it just doesn't always do it) but yes, most of the time it does do that.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-05-22 02:09:42 »
I've countered another strange problem.
Just before fightin' the water dragon under  the big canon to help the little girl (middle of Disc 1), I saved and fight the dragon just like the story.
But right before it died, it threw a final attack that make all of my crew died, and, you know, game over.
Then I reloaded my save file and go out to find Yuffie.
Well, the battle with Yuffie begin, and when I won...
I entered the battle with the water dragon right away! WTH? And when I won the battle, the story continued, and I had to search for Yuffie another time.

I belief the Yuffie glitch you encountered is a known one that can happen to anyone using FF7PC whether using mods or not.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-05-22 07:28:36 »
Hm.
I've fought it without seeing it use a final attack before (dunno if that's a bug or if it just doesn't always do it) but yes, most of the time it does do that.

Yeah, it's like a wave it always throws at me, just to do some final damage, and the first few times I fough it, the bleeding thing actually killed me and I had to get back there from the last location because I forgot to save outside Junon. :-(