Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 569264 times)

stormmedia

• View Profile
Re: NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #600 on: 2007-01-28 18:48:43 »
The problem is not the incompatibility with the Hi-res patch... the problem is that the NPC RC is partly incompatibile with other version than the US exept by messing with the files like lparcshinoda did.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #601 on: 2007-01-28 18:55:08 »
It makes no difference whether you install high-res first or not, because NPC-RCP can ONLY make changes on us-lgp-files, so german/italian/french/spanish files wont be patched at all.

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 2007-01-28 20:04:30 »
There is NO incompatibility with hi-res patch.
In fact I was reffering to this.
I don't see any problem with compatibility. I have Spanish version and this mod works very well (maybe it has been said, but I'm not going to read the whole thread, too many pages XD ).
(...)
Oh, and I didn't have to rename world_sp to world_us. In fact, the first time I did, and returned the "unknown version" error. With it's original name (world_sp) it worked :D
(...)

So if that works do it that way and AFTER it's done rename the file to world_us so you can apply hi-res patch. Get it?

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #603 on: 2007-01-28 20:40:44 »
I know the npc-rcp is compatible to high-res, but theres no difference in the order you install the patches, cause high-res alters ff7.exe and the recontruction project alters lgp-files. The only thing is, when installing high-res, you need to have the english ff7.exe and that means you must rename _gm/_sp/_** to _us.lgp, and then npc-rcp says "unknown version" because it finds english-names world and chocobo lgps that are not the original english ones. When they have the german names, the patcher doesnt even find any world or chocobo lgps so it wont make changes on them.

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2007-01-28 20:44:49 »
And guess what...that's exactly the reason why I'm suggesting to reverse order of installing those patches.

EDIT:
When they have the german names, the patcher doesnt even find any world or chocobo lgps so it wont make changes on them.
Well it seems to work with spanish version...odd.
That's bad luck.
« Last Edit: 2007-01-28 20:46:57 by miracle.flame »

NeXaR

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 2007-01-28 22:35:50 »
Not sure, Miracle, I'm inside Midgar, so I haven't seen the World Map models yet; probably they remain unchanged and then that's the compatibility issue that has to be resolved.

BTW, I have not installed Hi-Res patch because my laptop doesn't support such high resolution (1200x800 max), not because a compatibility problem (which exists with non-english versions, as has been said)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 2007-02-01 12:12:21 »
Ok ppl now that we had some time off  i did 4 models today that are

Nibeilheim Monster - (epfb)
Wall Demon - (hkjc)
Helicopter - (eaid)
Condor -  (exga)

Will post some pics later when i start work on

Tifa - 15 Years Old Sword (eqib)
Robot Soldier - (bzda)

NeXaR

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 2007-02-01 19:24:10 »
Glad to read it :D

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2007-02-02 06:59:13 »
Way to go,ice_cold513!!  :wink:

NeXaR

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2007-02-02 14:05:28 »
I was thinking about the localizated versions issue and a doubt came up to me. Do world and chocobo LGPs contain other stuff appart from 3D models? If not, how are they different between versions so that just renaming them does not work? (may be a dumb question, though)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2007-02-02 17:41:56 »
I don't know exactly what they contain Nexar, but I can tell you for sure that those files are region dependent because I compared the US version with the Spanish one.
By the way, nice to hear that ice_cold513, I'd like to take a look at them some day  :wink:

NeXaR

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 2007-02-03 03:53:56 »
Nice pic! ^_^

lparcshinoda

• The story never ends ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2007-02-03 08:22:06 »
 :-P :-P :-P can't wait to get the new version :D

NeXaR

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 2007-02-04 00:46:15 »
Just my curiosity: what are the poly count in both versions of air buster?

lparcshinoda

• View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 2007-02-04 09:27:39 »
Hey dude, just wondering.... isn't there a way to help all you guys with your work making some model by myself ?? I'm not so expert on this . . . but would be fine ... do I new some sw ??

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 2007-02-04 14:26:36 »
Hay ppl here are then pics
Hey, this models look really great, especially the demon door.

I have one criticism though: Please leave the rotor blades of the helicopter rectangluar, since this a little bit more realistic. The triangular shape looks kind of weird.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 2007-02-04 15:32:16 »
Hay ppl one more model done

Tifa - 7 Years Old (buac)

Hey, this models look really great, especially the demon door.

I have one criticism though: Please leave the rotor blades of the helicopter rectangluar, since this a little bit more realistic. The triangular shape looks kind of weird.

Well i have to test the  helicopter on what looks best in game not what it looks like in a pic if the old ones look better then yeah i will

EDIT next models are

Aeris - 10 Years Old (diff)

Aeris - 5 Years Old (cqga)

and ummm a Barrle  :roll: :-o

« Last Edit: 2007-02-04 15:41:05 by ice_cold513 »

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 2007-02-04 17:41:39 »
Well i have to test the  helicopter on what looks best in game not what it looks like in a pic if the old ones look better then yeah i will
Ok, could be that it looks a little bit different, when the blade is moving and the triangular shape could add a little whirl effect to it - although I am not sure of that.
But the actual real shape is still more close to rectangular as you can see in every picture of a copter. Just as an example there are some pictures on the Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter

But you're right, let's see how it looks in the actual cutscene ingame.

Is it possible to round the front part of the cockpit glass a little bit?
Also the lights (or are they guns?) in the front are still too square.

On the other hand, the back and lower part look really good!
« Last Edit: 2007-02-04 17:43:46 by Wintermute »

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 2007-02-05 16:46:44 »
Very nice job ice_cold513. It was time someone did something with those models.
By the way, I'm also working on Tifa, but on the stanrdard one. I decided to see If I could make that model look better than the original one. I'll let you all see how it's looking tomorrow :-P.
lparcshinoda, I'd normally tell you to try with Kimera but currently the link is down and anyway, the current version has some serious bugs. I hope I can post a bugfix tomorrow.

lparcshinoda

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 2007-02-05 17:09:58 »
Thanks, I'd like to help.... maybe I'll have some time.... ;)
anyway you all are doing a great job

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 2007-02-07 22:17:08 »
Since it's been a long time since I showed some real activity in this project, I'm posting a little screen of my latsest work:

I'm not very satisfied with the result... Oh well, I've already spent enough time with it. You can decide for yourself If it really deserves been included into the patch.

Jari

« Reply #622 on: 2007-02-07 23:41:37 »
...I'm not very satisfied with the result...

Well duh, her boobies are too small, of course you are not satisfied with it! :-D

Just kidding, this is not an actual vote on the matter. :-)

NeXaR

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 2007-02-07 23:51:29 »
The face texture look kinda strange or it's just me?

Thinking about this... how about an AC-like Tifa? :grin:

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 2007-02-08 04:53:50 »
This has been discused a lot of time.... first because making a model as detailed as the AC models would take too much time and ... and.. haha well.. it wouldn't fit with the creepy backgroud anyway... even if we one day manage to filter them.

Well good work Borde with Tifa... just the texture of the eyes that would need to be changed a bit... but beside that it's a good model  :-) (just to let everyone know.. there is a texture for the mouth in Borde's tifa Model and it's a good one... it's just we don't see it in the shot.)

I too started to work on a model hehe.  I just have the final change to do and I will give you a shot.
« Last Edit: 2007-02-08 04:56:11 by stormmedia »