Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 571309 times)

Borde

• View Profile
Re: NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #675 on: 2007-02-27 22:04:33 »
Errrr... no PM, I mean that you must chage your regional Windows settings. Your game version seems ok.

PM

« Reply #676 on: 2007-02-28 21:32:32 »
Errrr... no PM, I mean that you must chage your regional Windows settings. Your game version seems ok.

Ohh sry i missunderstood you. Nevertheless i tried changing my windows to US region and made a complete reinstall of the game but i still get the same error message. My friend also get the same message when installing this patch but apparently the game works in certain areas. He sent me one of his save games in the world map and then it works with the new models.

By the way, is there a file named avdf.yos? i've checked my char.lgp world.lgp chocobo.lgp but havent found it, anyone knows where it should be? so i can check if it is really missing, and if it is, maybe i can get ahold of a new one and insert it with lgptools in its proper place.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2007-03-01 12:47:06 »
Hayy ppl

here a list of models i have done

Aeris - 5 Years Old (cqga)
Aeris - 10 Years Old (diff)
Barrel - Normal (dhge)
Basket Ball - Normal (gjcf)
Condor - Normal (exga)
Helicopter - Normal (eaid)
Knight - Normal (dzbb)
Materia - Black (hjgc)
Materia - Green (dabf)
Materia - Holy (gwib)
Materia - Pink (aude)
Materia - Red (awbe)
Materia - Teal (byib)
Materia - Yellow (ateb)
Nibeilheim Monster - Normal (epfb)
Robot Soldier - Normal (bzda)
Soccer Ball - Normal (fndf)
Tifa - 7 Years Old (buac)
Tifa - Sword (eqib)
Wall Demon - Normal (hkjc)
Wizard - Normal (gabe)

working on

Bike - Normal (brgd)
Bike - Arcade (gjeb)
Dolphin - Normal (bdcd)
Dragon - Normal (fzcc)
King - Normal (dyfd)

Here is a pic of the bike i still working on

lparcshinoda

• The story never ends ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 2007-03-01 13:16:58 »
Keep it up boys. Which version are you going to relase next ? 0.9 ?? or you're pointing out to the 1.0 version ?? You're making a really great job

Method

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2007-03-08 07:24:35 »
God, I can;t wait..
As soon as ver 1.00 is released I'm playing ff7 again :)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2007-03-12 22:35:56 »
Hello ppl got a iittle thing to ask you guys before i redo them all what bottle you like best??
I might use the two if them but just asking what you guys like

RW_66

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 2007-03-12 22:54:52 »
I really like that No.1.
BTW, keep up the good work and have fun! :-D

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: 2007-03-12 23:06:00 »
no. 1 is nice
hope it won't be so big compared to the old one like on the pic

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 2007-03-13 09:57:36 »
Yep, defintly the first one  :-D

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 2007-03-14 00:05:36 »
1 FTW

cromas

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2007-03-14 03:16:47 »
Is the latest version of NPCRP still 0.6? This thread is so messy and random now, it's hard to stay up to date.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 2007-03-14 03:23:50 »
It's constantly updated on the first post of the topic, and yes v.6 is the latest.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 2007-03-14 09:34:47 »
Ok 1st thanks you to you guys who picked a bottle so No.1 itis

2nd v0.6 is the most uptodate there is and i updated the 1st post/page so you guys can see what one is new

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #688 on: 2007-03-14 11:46:21 »
Hey guys,

I never really post anymore, but i still read alot of the forums, I just wanna say that I really like the original bottle, i dunno why but I always thought they looked cool and shiny. I really like the idea that you guys are using graphics from the game to improve the blocky lego characters, mainly because they were created by the guys who done the game and it works pretty seamlessly (and it looks like final fantasy VII),  but if you start using alot of your own graphics it might take away from the overall look of it. I dunno, i think the little bottles are cool and shouldnt be touched, but thats just my 2 cents
« Last Edit: 2007-03-14 11:52:16 by spyrojyros_tail »

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 2007-03-14 16:53:05 »
Actually I have to agree with spyrojyros_tail on this - you should leave the bottle as it is. We already had the discussion (regarding Tifa or Cloud) that too much changing is not the way it should be - especially if it this also completely change the style like here.
Improving the models: yes! Increase the number of polygons: yes! Change the original art and style: no!

As you can see in this thread (which had even been started by Ice_Cold himself ;-) ) or here, this is how the potion is supposed to look like and what the original artists of Final Fantasy VII intended; I don't really see any point in changing that - especially because the old bottle looks more mystical to me.
« Last Edit: 2007-03-14 16:54:48 by Wintermute »

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: 2007-03-14 18:28:08 »
As a matter of fact I may agree that the bottle doesn't need changing at all even though the no. 1 is really nice. Sometimes it is really better not to put out the fire if it doesn't burn you.

My suggestion is you could give an option in installer which models are to be replaced and which not, with selectable groups like NPC, PC, Chocobos, World map, minigames, items,.. for example.
Something like in installer of Collective Thief: DS Texture Pack By John P. to get a better picture what I'm talking about.

This way you could prevent any disappointments among people with different tastes.
« Last Edit: 2007-03-14 18:32:58 by miracle.flame »

lparcshinoda

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 2007-03-14 18:44:34 »
As a matter of fact I may agree that the bottle doesn't need changing at all even though the no. 1 is really nice. Sometimes it is really better not to put out the fire if it doesn't burn you.

My suggestion is you could give an option in installer which models are to be replaced and which not, with selectable groups like NPC, PC, Chocobos, World map, minigames, items,.. for example.
Something like in installer of Collective Thief: DS Texture Pack By John P. to get a better picture what I'm talking about.

This way you could prevent any disappointments among people with different tastes.
completely quoting this dude :D :D :D

Wuz

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 2007-03-15 00:11:46 »

I third this notion.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 2007-03-17 22:11:06 »
Whooaa, fellow Thief fan, rawk on!

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 2007-03-17 22:43:44 »
Stay on topic, you taffer!  :lol:  :wink:

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 2007-03-18 00:15:57 »
Well, don't know about the bottle. Presonally I don't think changing its model would have a significant impact on the game graphic style but I supose we could make a poll :-P.
Anyway, here you have the last model I've been working on:

This model has been much harder than I expecetd. I thought I could use my scrapped Tifa model as a base, but it looks like her animations were completly incompatible.
I think there is something wrong with this model. Some kind of misproportion, but I can't tell exactly what's worng. Maybe I'm just going mad. If someone sees some specific problem I'd be glad to hear about it.

lparcshinoda

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 2007-03-18 01:42:16 »
Hey Taffer, her Legs seems 3Km long !!! What the hell happened to her  :-D :-D the model is nice, I just see something wrong with legs ;)

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 2007-03-18 03:24:13 »
Yup reduce length of pink sock.  The calf muscle is ending but the pink section of her leg just keeps going.  Otherwise it's just fantastic.

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 2007-03-18 03:33:58 »
hey i was just wondering for the next version of the mod could u try to make it so that cait sith is on red xiii? like in ac. that could b great

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 2007-03-18 03:37:02 »
But what if Cait Sith and Red XIII were in your party?  You'd have two Reds.