Author Topic: Problem with Sephiroth Crashing  (Read 2712 times)

ARMs

• View Profile
Problem with Sephiroth Crashing
« on: 2006-06-01 01:24:50 »
I edited one of the enimies in the bin file to change it to the sephiroth in the ifnal battle.  and when the battle starts it crashes on the psx but it seems to be fine on the emulator. 

So i want to know is, has anyone tried this and got it to work on the psx.  Or does anyone know why it freezes when the camera moves to display sephiroth?  The Battle start of fine and I think it loaded sephiroths image but when the camera moves to display him it only goes as far as showing half of his sword or the tip of his foot and it just freezes.

Is it because sephiroth is in a Higher resolution? Or is it designed to freeze up if its not the final battle? 

I want to make a fightable sephiroth, so any help is greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2006-06-01 03:16:28 by ARMs7777 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Sephiroth Crashing
« Reply #1 on: 2006-06-01 06:40:05 »
Hrm... I think his data is only on the third disc. I'm not sure though, if it works just fine on an emulator...

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-06-01 10:26:22 »
Well i made several attemps and have wasted quite a bit of cds.  I changed the camera at the start of the battle to display him at the start.  And it did display him for like 2 seconds.  I think the game freezes when the psx tries to load Cloud and party. 

I just dont get it.  The emu can play the battle fine but why can't the psx.  I read somewhere that the hi res sephiroths body was made differently.  So could that be the cause of the problem?

Sephiroth 1311

• View Profile
    • http://www.sadnescity.it
« Reply #3 on: 2006-06-01 10:32:13 »
Maybe it's a stupid question... did you correct the ECC before burning the cd?

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-06-01 10:51:17 »
Yes i definately corrected the enemy encounters attack ID monster ID stat placements and everything.  Thats why it runs perfectly on the emu.  I went back used a hex editor and checked and rechecked everything so it is perfect. 

I have made 5 other superbosses and they all work fine except sephiroth.  And is quite a shame that he isn't working too.  Because he is one of the fastest boss.  Not in speed becasue all my boss got 255 speed but because all of sephirohts attacks a fast forcing you to think fast.

If anyone have any idea on how i can have a working sephiroth model for the psx please suggest any program or what should do.  I really want to fight a normal sephiroth.

I'm not a programer and pretty new to this site so I'd really like some help.  I ran into this site because i was lucky enough to run into a user of this site.
« Last Edit: 2006-06-01 11:33:36 by ARMs7777 »