Author Topic: Any help would be brill  (Read 4124 times)

Robert123

Any help would be brill
« on: 2007-10-28 16:23:30 »
HI, i play ff7 on my laptop perfectly except for one thing:

THe sound tracks!!!
sound effects work perfectly but the soundtrack will stutter and jump and sometimes it completly stops is there anything i can do to fix it

thanks in advance

ultima espio

• View Profile
Re: Any help would be brill
« Reply #1 on: 2007-10-28 16:46:50 »
Wrong section. Yeah laptops do do that because the sound is comming out as mono instead of stereo...at least i think that's what the problem is.

Robert123

« Reply #2 on: 2007-10-28 17:20:29 »
no mine only does stereo.......

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-10-29 01:21:18 »
I think that's what he's trying to say, laptops only do Stereo but the game uses mono.

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-10-29 01:43:56 »
I think that's what he's trying to say, laptops only do Stereo but the game uses mono.
Uhh... my game plays in stereo. Hence why sounds coming from the left side of the battle field come out of the left speaker and Vice versa. If you do a sound test in the configuration it demonstrates that.

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-10-29 03:05:25 »
yeah, I thought about that after I posted it  :roll: :oops:

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #6 on: 2007-10-29 15:33:30 »
I had a similar problem with Microsoft's softsynth on my laptop.

In my case, the problem was caused by the CPU power management.  Most laptops these days change the CPU speed based on the current load.

If you are running Windows XP, go to the Power Options control panel and set it to "Always On" (CPU will be at 100% all the time) or "Desktop" (CPU will be at 100% when on AC power and scale down when on battery power).  Which power profile you select affects the dynamic CPU speed and settings for these are not exposed.  After choosing a power profile, you can change the rest of the settings (time before display off, sleep, etc.) to your liking.

In Windows Vista, these settings are exposed.  Go to the Power Options control panel, click on "Change plan settings" for the plan you are using and then "Change advanced power settings."  Look in here for the CPU speed settings (I can't give the exact location because I'm not on my laptop) and make sure the minimum and maximum are both set to 100%.