Author Topic: [Release} ARMs Patch to make the final Battle Much harder.  (Read 8972 times)

ARMs

• View Profile
Since people are having such a hard time making the final battle hard I decided to release this patch to make it a challenge hopefully.

If your wondering what sephiroth your facing take a look.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsiGnWj-HDw

Spme magic damage might be lower then on the video since i use a seperate Kernel.bin.  Sephrioth has 3 fightiing phases.  The first phase shouldn't be too hard.  Cangrats to those who manages to defeat Safer Sephiroth.
Those who are planning to use this on the PC version with the HP limit break this fights probably gonna be easy since i didn't make it with HP break in mind.

I hope they prove to be harder then the weapons.

v1.0 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6ERZB4U6
v1.1 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=05FWNL1G   (HP bug fixed and some other possible bugs fixed)

By the way if any bug shows up please report it.   I'm pretty sure the battles have no bugs but I never did finish the fight.  Any comments are welcomed and if hes too easy please give me the reason,  I would like to improve him some more but all good save files i have are corrupted or I haven't reach him for a proper testing.

Other things you all might want to know.  Sephiroth will get stronger for every character with level 90 and up.   instead of only level 99.   Safer sephiroths version of Heartless angel reduces HP to 1 and MPs to Zero and i'm sure it adds additional effects as well.  Super Nova uses a different animation.
« Last Edit: 2007-11-01 15:49:19 by ARMs »

device00

I´m downloading it right now, but I won´t see the video.

I want a surprise when I start to fight with him.

Let´s if I can still say to Sephiroth:

"You will die!" or "You weak, pathetic fool!"

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Ah neat!! You've edited the script? That's what really makes the difference. At least in the last 3 fights. Seen that vid before. Did you add attacks as well?

ARMs

• View Profile
Yeah i added and deleted some attacks

like adding big guard instead of wall, added beta, spehiroths version of blade beam, meteor rain, and maybe some of there attacks that i forgot already.   and rearrnaged his attacks and some defensive measure to try and ensure that a cheap victories doesn't happen.   I think i need to improve on his defensive measure but i haven't tested all cheap materia combos on him.    And another thing is that my materias aren't as cheap as the original game.

MAYBE IMPORTANT NOTE

Something that I think you all should do when using this patch is to add shoot half damage elemental protection to safers elemental defense.  Why you may ask? because all shot/shoot element weapons in the original games weapons have a constant multiplier that can exceed 3x damage.   Its crazy how much stronger these characters are with Damage break.  I personally eliminated these damage multipliers in my game to some other multiplier except yuffies conformer but i lowered conformers Attack power to compensate.   
« Last Edit: 2007-10-22 16:36:24 by ARMs »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Nice! You used the same animation for supernova as I do. Not that I don't like the original, but it's tedious to wait for that animation several times in one long battle. I use big guard as well. But it didn't work lol. So now he uses an useless wall (seemingly at least). Guess it has something to do with the ID.

I know it may be too much to ask, but how do you alter the AI script. Haven't really given it much thought. After watching that vid again I'm kinda curios.  :-D

EDIT:

When I looked on it for a while I managed to figure out where Jenova synth's arms HP was set. Also where Bizzaro Seph part's HP. Wasn't that hard, but I guess I'll have a harder time with the attacks.

How would yoa cange Dragon's flame thrower attack with Red Dragon's breath attack for instance?
« Last Edit: 2007-10-22 20:21:23 by gjoerulv »

ARMs

• View Profile
I'm no programer so i dont really know how to explain it.   There was a thread from a while back maybe it was an old thread that talked about the AI.   chaning the attacks like that requires you to rewrite a section of the AI.   Or rewrite the entire AI and use parts of the old AI to make quicken the process.   since everything is in hex it can get complicated when you have to debug things.

I was so pissed when my HD failed on me and i lost my bahamut boss, and safer sephiroth like a year go.   I spent 2 weeks on those two alone since i was such a noob at the time.    I give up and came back later and created a new Sephiroth.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-22 21:32:03 by ARMs »

ARMs

• View Profile
So has anyone defeated safer yet?   I like to know if hes beatable? or if hes still easy cause i still left him a bit predictable.

sword

• View Profile
I think I might have been close, but he used Super Nova. :-P

ARMs

• View Profile
did he cast meteor rain, and heartless angel on you before?  If he hasn't cassted any of those moves yet your not even in his last 3rd of his HP.   during the last third he should also do double cut and blade beam.

So no one has beaten him yet?  I just need to know if hes beatable lol.   that last 3rd of his life kinda seems hard.  And i have to deal with him with natural stats only. and i don't have a save there so i can't tell.

-double cut that can parylize even if you got immunity
-blade beam damages all characters
-meteor rain 6 random hits
-shadow flare probably 15,000 damage
-pale horse adds frog status and probably other stuff and it can hit single character for high damage or all characters.
-supernova 9600 damage to all no matter what
-dean  deals damage and eliminates all positive effects
-heartless angel 1 hp 0 mp and death sentence even if you got imunity
-I don't remember anymore but i think he can counter as well.
-Beta dealing 8000 to 12,000 fire damage
« Last Edit: 2007-10-26 20:07:54 by ARMs »

paladin181

• View Profile
did he cast meteor rain, and heartless angel on you before?  If he hasn't cassted any of those moves yet your not even in his last 3rd of his HP.   during the last third he should also do double cut and blade beam.

So no one has beaten him yet?  I just need to know if hes beatable lol.   that last 3rd of his life kinda seems hard.  And i have to deal with him with natural stats only. and i don't have a save there so i can't tell.

-double cut that can parylize even if you got immunity
-blade beam damages all characters
-meteor rain 6 random hits
-shadow flare probably 15,000 damage
-pale horse adds frog status and probably other stuff and it can hit single character for high damage or all characters.
-supernova 9600 damage to all no matter what
-dean  deals damage and eliminates all positive effects
-heartless angel 1 hp 0 mp and death sentence even if you got imunity
-I don't remember anymore but i think he can counter as well.
-Beta dealing 8000 to 12,000 fire damage

Status effects "even if you have immunity" is over the top no matter what. What's the point in getting these abilities if it can be bypassed. Making a boss harder is cool, but honestly, I think removing or bypassing facets of the game takes away from its original intention... That's just my opinion though. I honestly prefer raised stats and altered AI. Destroying "cheap" materia combos or making them useless kinda ruins a little of the fun. But, this is your mod.

ARMs

• View Profile
Re: [Release} ARMs Patch to make the final Battle Much harder.
« Reply #10 on: 2007-10-27 02:14:59 »
well death sentence can be bypassed by being immune to death it self and not just deathsentence.   The paralyze doesn't last very long and the accurrences shouldn't be very high and it doesn't last long.  longest it will last is after the enitial attack he'll get 1 more shot in before it wears off. 

the only materia combo it tries to stop is miming.   Miming is cheap especially, counter miming.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-27 02:18:49 by ARMs »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: 2007-10-27 13:32:12 »
I tried this today. Safer was mighty hard and I wasn't prepared at all. I went in with my usuall check team which was supposed to be unbeatable. In my mod Safer managed to kill me as well, but then I didn't really try. Should wish I could save after Bizarro lol.

Is it just paralyze that ignores immuneties? I wouldn't know cause I intensionally went in without protection (lol).

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007-10-27 15:14:24 »
yes only paralyzse ignores immunities and death sentece from heartless angel.

Edit:  Oops it seems his slashes also adds death-sentence.    I'll have to release another safer sephrioth.   I have a feeling there is a bug in this battle.   Its not a bug that affects safer but the players.

If your playing on the emulator you can use save state duing the death of blizzaro sephiroth.    For PSX players I hope you all like running to/fighting jenova and blizzaro :D lol.  I can save just before jenova and I'll have to add a save after blizzaro.    I might even add a save before blizzaro just so i can make him harder as well lol.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-27 15:44:25 by ARMs »

BlackInfinity

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-11-01 04:19:26 »
I beat Sephiroth. For some reason he didn't use Meteor Rain or Heartless Angel on me at all, and it seems like I did nowhere near 1,000,000 damage to him. I went into the battle with Yuffie, Cloud, and Barret, all with max Defense and Magic Defense (cause I morph trained in the sunken ship until I got bored and used Jenova  :-D ). I used Dragon Force on all 3 characters 3 times. I thought Sephy had a move to take off positive stats? He didn't take out Dragon Force because Shadow Flare was only doing 70 damage to Cloud and Yuffie the entire fight. Super Nova killed Barret, and Barret ended up dying 4 times the entire fight because dragon force wore off after he died and I never got a chance to recast it. With max magic defense, Beta did 3000 to Barret while Shadow Flare did about 7000 to him. Super Nova put Cloud and Yuffie in Death Sentence and surprisingly, I managed to kill sephiroth by the time both of their death counters got to "04". Since Sephy didn't have a move to take out Cloud and Yuffie's Dragon Force defense, the only real damage he did to them was through Super Nova and Sephiroth's Wing Attack. Sephiroth's Wing Attack did about 1000 to Cloud and Yuffie with 3 dragon forces (I would hate to see how much damage that would do without them).

I don't know why he didn't use meteor rain or heartless angel on me and I don't know why I kept all my positive stats the entire fight. I'm sure if these things worked the way they were intended to I probably would have died.

EDIT: None of my characters were at level 90 or above (they were all in the High 80's) if that has anything to do with me winning the fight so easily. (I shouldn't say it was easy, but it wasn't that difficult either.)
« Last Edit: 2007-11-01 04:25:20 by BlackInfinity »

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007-11-01 04:47:55 »
thats wierd that you can take him down that fast.   I'll check his him out to see whats wrong with him.   as i said beta and shadow flare might be weaker then its suppose to be becasue your using a different kernel.bin.   both is suppose to be stronger then sephiroths wing.    Even at 255 magic defenses shadow flare is suppose to still deal more damage then pale horse.    beta is suppose to deal a ton of damage to all character without fire protection.   I think my video showed that beta did 10,000 plus damage to cloud who had mystile.

Edit:  I see what the problem is now I'll post an updated patch soon.  Thanks for the bug report.   I'll check if anything else is wrong.

Edit:  The HP bug is fixed.   Beta on my 255 mdef characters deal 7,000 damage and Shadow flare on my game deals 12,000 damage.   thats without wall, dragon force, or anything else to reduce damage.   Its only a test but characters shouldn't be getting these kinds of stats.   I wanted evasion to be useful against characters with natural stats so if you cheated and maxed out your DEX then sephiroth will not be able to hit you.

Edit v1.1 is release hopefully there is no bug now.
« Last Edit: 2007-11-01 15:50:54 by ARMs »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #15 on: 2007-11-02 01:09:57 »
Well is it possible to dispel dragon force? That isn't a status change. The only way I see it is to lower the def and mdef in an attack. Dragon Force is set in the 19th and 20th byte, before the status stuff. Hero Drink too works on the 19th and 20th byte or 0x11 and 0x12.

Dragon Force: 1C 96
Hero Drink:     15 82

If I knew how to interpret this attacks might be even further altered. Like lowering strength etch. Is it possible to do this in the script?

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007-11-02 03:31:15 »
lowering strenght is possible in the AI script.   

BlackInfinity have you retried the battle.   You should have an easier time with him since your defenses are maxed and you can abbuse any armor, but hopefully theres no bug.   

Originally this sephiroth as i said is designed for HP limit of 9,999.  Natural stats.
and fallowing armors.  elemental materia only halfs elemental damages it can't null or drain the damage. Posion status can only be nulled by poison ring, resist, and added effect + poison.   Nothing else can null posion status heh.

-Zedrich 100 def, 98 mdef, +20 STR and MAG no slot and half all elemental attacks.  Could take many of sephiroths attacks but no materia slots.   Add a ribbon or tough ring + resist for what i think will be a good result.

-Mystile 65 def 0 mdef 50 evasion 60 magic evasion 6 linked slots.   Dodges fairly well but taking a blow from any of sephy's magic will most likely kill the character.   Theres probably some good accessory and materia combo with this armor.

-Imperial guard 85 def 85 mdef 6 linked slots.  Nothing really special but all around good with tough ring and added effect wtih Hades or Bahamut Zero+ Materia.

-Warrior Bangle 100 def 40ish mdef str+25 with 4 linked slots.   Best way to achieve Higest Attack with good dfense and slots for protections and combos.

-fourth bracelet 74 def 100 mdef +20 Mag 4 linked slots and 1 unlinked slot.   good armor and mag bonuses would help healers and summoners.

-Aegis Armlet 55 def 86 mdef 50 magic evasion +16 Mag 4 linked slots.   good for surving sephiroths magical attacks but not sure about his physical base attacks.

-Shinra Alpha 99 def 48 mdef 6 linked slots.   

-Fire Armlet 80 def 58 mdef 16 magic evasion drains fire damage 4 linked slots.  Probably the only way to drain a fire attack since the fire ring only half the fire damage.    And sephiroth will be using beta the entire battle but towards the end usage of beta has a lower probablility of being used.

-Dragon Armlet 58 def 48 mdef 10 magic evasion +16 magic evasion, +8 Mag, half fre/ice/Lightning damage 6 linked slots.    Defenses are kinda low but maybe it could work out thanks to its other bonuses.

-Minerva Band 74 def 72 mdef +8 mag half fire/cold/gravity/holy damage.
« Last Edit: 2007-11-02 11:38:48 by ARMs »

BlackInfinity

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-11-04 04:57:45 »
When I get back home I'll fight him again using lvl 70 characters with natural stats. I fought him with 9999 HP the first time since I never used the 9999 limit breaking patch with this game. Since I had max def I took full advantage of the wizard bracelet but this time I wont. (Cloud is still gonna be maxed out but the fight should still be harder)

-EDIT- I fought him again today with the same party, Cloud, Barret, and Yuffie, all with max stats leveled in the high  80's, but this time I disabled "breaking the damage limit". I said I didn't use dizugo's (hope i spelled that right) patch before; I lied. Actually I used it to break the damage limit but what I meant when I said I didn't use the patch earlier was that I didn't use it to break HP and MP limits. I'm still using gjoerluv's (I hope I spelled that right) hardcore mod where Ruby Weapon is invincible  :-P and Knights of the Round does absolutely nothing. I don't know if you edited the script that determines sephiroth's stats based on how many level 99 characters you have and if you cast KotR on Jenova or not, but I intentionally wasted 255 MP to cast a useless KotR on Jenova to make the final battle harder because it was too easy last time.

The rematch was incredibly easy at first. I had immunity to fire so on my entire party (contain + elemental on armor) so beta did nothing. Sephiroth's wing attack hit my 255 defense characters (without dragon force) for moderate damage, when it actually hit me. Barret almost died before I full-cured him and I had 2 characters under resist with Cloud under 3 dragon forces and getting "shield" or invincibility status every other turn, so I received no status changes and very little for the majority of the match. (Cloud went untouched for 5 whole minutes.) So then Sephiroth is almost dead and he starts casting "Meteor Raine" Since Yuffie and Barret were under resist, thanks to gjoreluv's mod, they could not be shielded or dragon forced (should've done that before I gave them resist) and thats what put them in critical condition. As the meteors rained they started a cycle of dying and reviving with final attack + life2 then sephiroth casts supernova and its game over. Because Yuffie and Barret had "resist" and because Sephiroth's Super Nova ignores all status immunities, yuffie and barret suffered severe status changes that could not be remedied since resist prevents all status changes good or bad in gjoreluv's mod. Because of sephiroth's stupid unavoidable attack, Cloud, who had invincibility status, dropped to 1 HP after super nova and when I fed him an X potion, it had no effect (healing fails increase an "invincible" character's HP the same way attacking fails decrease it) and I ended up dying from poison.

I didn't live long enough to see heartless angel, but I've beaten him before I'm sure I can do it again. This time I'll level ALL my characters to 99 (using jenova of course) to see if that makes Sephy even harder.
« Last Edit: 2008-03-04 08:29:38 by BlackInfinity »

Enoehttonmi

« Reply #18 on: 2008-10-29 00:52:39 »
Well WOW... Those battles were exciting and loooong but I won! :-) I have to say few things about your patch.
1) Its awesome, but with the W-item glitch I made 99 megalixirs (yeah I no I'm bad cheater) so it was hard but not THAT hard
2) Why Jenova was harder than Bizarro? (seriously)
3) Why did you used another animation for Super Nova :? :cry: Super Nova is EPIC it should not be changed... well my opinion (still, current animation is not-that-bad)
Thank you for releasing and sors for my sucky english :wink: