Author Topic: Sephiroth patch and npc rc problems...  (Read 1939 times)

EmoSephy

Sephiroth patch and npc rc problems...
« on: 2008-12-17 12:50:50 »
When i go to install the Sephiroth patch it keeps saying

This program cannot update the installed version of because of the following reason:

C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\fft.exe: unknown version.

And i've even installed the npc rc patch a few times and after the game starts and the train stops the screen goes black but when i open the menu then close it everything works fine but none of the graphics appear any different than before. I'm pretty sure i've installed the patch right.

not exactly sure what i'm supposed to do now to get the patch to work, if anyone has any suggestions i'd be more than happy to try them. Thank you.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
Re: Sephiroth patch and npc rc problems...
« Reply #1 on: 2008-12-18 02:09:16 »
This post doesn't belong in Tech Support.  Tech Support is for problems with the game when no patches have been applied.  Of course, you are not the first to make this mistake by far, but just to let you know.

This post belongs in Game Tweaking, but I see you've posted it there as well, so I guess you know that.

But anyway, this problem sounds utterly bizarre.  Either you've made some mistake installing the patch or you have some copy of the game that is already messed up.  So long as your game isn't pirated, then in the case of the latter, this post does have some relevence to Tech Support.  Try reading the STICKY FAQ and see if there's anything useful to you there (if you haven't already).

Beyond that, I can't help you.  I'm more accustomed to using Scorpicus's Original Field Model Sephiroth Patch.  Sorry.