Author Topic: So who's your favorite Intellectual Figure?  (Read 4004 times)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
So who's your favorite Intellectual Figure?
« on: 2010-06-04 23:58:01 »
Mine's Michio Kaku, if you don't know him you should look him up. I would dedicate years of my life just to learn things from him, I have an I.Q. of 146 on a test that only scaled to 160 so I was in the 93rd percentile.This caused me to skip 2 grades in school etc.Anyway what I mean by this is VERY few people appear intellegent to me. I'm not saying everyone else is stupid, but all the skipping grades and I.Q. tests and gifted classes has given me an inflated ego, and I just don't feel like I could learn many things from very many people,and hardly ever will admit someones smarter than me(unless its true) But Michio Kaku is the smartest man on the freakin planet!

Lol I just watched too many Michio Kaku and Carl Sagan videos on youtube(Carl Sagan is OLD now compared to when he did Cosmos lol)
« Last Edit: 2010-06-05 00:08:30 by jeffdamann »

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
Re: So who's your favorite Intellectual Figure?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-05 00:05:19 »
Carl Sagan is my favorite intellectual figure...  I wish he wasn't dead, I'd love to smoke a joint with him and talk about the universe

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-05 00:19:39 »
Michio Kaku on ageing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P9k-jNQGYc&feature=related

I have known some of this info for quite some time, but we are extending lifespans of many organisms by restricting caloric intake? That just doesn't seem like a very scientific solution to me, any 4Th grader that has learned basic anatomical science can tell you that if you restrict caloric intake, cell reproduction will happen at a much slower rate.You will also never have any energy and live a life of tortuous misery if you wanted to restrict caloric intake enough to double your lifespan...Hell lets all sit in 30 degree water constantly our whole lives too, that oughta add a lot of years....

It just seems like this video was made for the hell of it...Nothing blew my mind here, except it was interesting about the way the chromosomes behave during reproduction.

The much better videos are that on parallel universes, multiverses, the megaverse, Time Travel, and teleportation....all possible as of now in the field of theoretical physics....

Also I BEG ANY ONE OF YOU who have ANY INTELLECT to watch Michi Kaku on civilizations...just look for the one where it starts of saying we aren't looking for little green men, He will go on to explain about type 0,1,2 and 3 civilizations, and it makes a LOT of sense.

Edit: Michio Kaku on AI/Quantum Computing=AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW8rgKLPHMg&feature=related
« Last Edit: 2010-06-05 01:33:53 by jeffdamann »

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-05 02:56:24 »
Right now I'd probably have to say Sam Harris, although Carl Sagan and Thunderf00t (I plan to one day find out his real name so that doesn't sound stupid to those completely unfamiliar) are up there.
It's implied we're talking about some kind of intellectual speaker and not just who we think is the smartest dude ever right?

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-05 02:58:27 »
Yeah any Intellectual figure, Even someone only you know, some of the greatest minds of the world are never largely know...Or lost to the stresses life puts upon you.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-05 03:01:35 »
If that is the case i would have to say myself.  :-D

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #6 on: 2010-06-05 05:01:52 »
if im allowed to go back to very old ages, i would have to say shingen takeda.

he was a brilliant war strategist, likely the best of his time.

and he's known for being very deep thinking, and wondering the most underrated yet overrated question ever... "why?"

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-06-05 05:08:27 »
now i feel stupid for thinking albert einstein

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-06-05 05:29:04 »
now i feel stupid for thinking albert einstein
Don't worry we're both stupid since I'm not that intelligent and Albert Einstein is all I can think of too. :(

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-06-05 06:03:03 »
Hooray for having a high IQ

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-06-05 06:29:10 »
Lol @ Albert Einstein