Author Topic: Aali's driver [v 0.7.8b] Help/Bugs/Suggestions  (Read 183585 times)

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
FF7 Install With 1.02 and Custom Driver help.
« Reply #225 on: 2010-09-20 01:05:14 »
Hey guys, finally got that install disc I was looking for. So I went and got the 1.02 patch, and the Custom driver patch. But in Aali's info thread,it tells me to change settings with theff7.cfd file, and I don't know how to do that. I read through different threads and couldn't find an answer. So I booted up the game to try to play it, but the Eidos and Squaresoft Logos never came up, but when i clicked the "action" button on my game[ad it went to the new/ load screen. I clicked new game and it went black, and wouldn't load the intro movie. Any help/ info on what I did wrong? Thanks.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 Install With 1.02 and Custom Driver help.
« Reply #226 on: 2010-09-20 02:58:20 »
You should know better that we at least need your app.log to see if we can help.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2010-09-20 03:08:22 »
What do you mean by that? I looked around. I'm legal. i'm asking the right people for help. And what's an app.log?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2010-09-20 03:27:57 »
What do you mean by that? I looked around. I'm legal. i'm asking the right people for help. And what's an app.log?
...  did someone hijack your account?  You've been around since 2008... you can't be serious right now.

I will consult with the other mods about possibly banning your account so the good name of guitar_dudester91 won't be trampled on any further..

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
Re: Aali's driver [v 0.7.8b] Help/Bugs/Suggestions
« Reply #229 on: 2010-09-20 04:11:50 »
Well so far, I believe my problem was I didn't have TrueMotion 2.0. So I downloaded that after I reinstalled, and it works. So tomorrow I'm going to download all of this stuff again (1.02 and Custom) and see where it goes from there. I'm so glad the admins on this forum helped show me that. Thanks guys. Really appreciate it.

oinkoink08

« Reply #230 on: 2010-09-21 09:08:06 »
Nice Driver here. ;) but i have found some bugs in this. more likely the screen transitions. while the
fps display constantly at 32 when the transition is not made. it began to really drop to 19 or something
when i go to next screen.. although this can be solved by entering the menu and exiting out again.
is there a fix for this already or i have to change some configuration..

thanks.. btw. good job with this got it working with Launcher 1.4 and some good add-ons. this is the only bug that i found.

updated. i found that the texture reload resets to 0 when i enter the menu and exit. but when
im entering a new screen it goes up again to some value. and il have to re-enter the menu again to reset it to 0 just to increase fps again/.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-21 09:21:12 by oinkoink08 »

thegreendude

« Reply #231 on: 2010-09-21 15:10:59 »
Is there anything else I have to do to make the dialog boxes transparent in FF7?  I've changed the config file, but it doesn't work. I have also tried the battle option, but all it does is expand the screen. There's no transparent boxes either.  What am i doing wrong?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2010-09-25 12:16:45 »
Question about this mod path.  Why does it need a path?  Why can't it just be forced to be "/"
so that the folder is the root.

That seems to be far more logical, no?

VampyricalCurse

« Reply #233 on: 2010-09-27 02:19:17 »
Hey everyone. No idea if this is a bug, but I got this driver and I also installed the Team Avalanche's patch and PRP patch as well. All is great when in the config. file I set my resolution to 640x480 but the moment I set even 1 pixel less or one pixel more, it lags to incredibly new lengths. The only tihng I have seen lag this much on my computer was a PS2 game played through PCSX2. I cannot figure out what the problem might be. Sure my computer is not great, but it can take this.

My SPECS are:
Video Card: GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB, integrated RAMDAC. Version 4.34.20.22.A5.

RAM: 1.0GB Single Channel DDR @ 199MHz (3-3-3-8).

CPU: AMD Sempron 2800+, 1.7GHz, Single Core.

The config. file is as follows:

# ff7_opengl-0.7.8b config file

mod_path = none

use_shaders = no

# plugins

movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

# vertex and fragment shaders
vert_source = shaders/main.vert
frag_source = shaders/main.frag

# YUV fast path shader
yuv_source = shaders/yuv.frag

enable_postprocessing = no

show_fps = no

show_stats = no

window_size_x = 640 (not able to go less or more than this!)      
window_size_y = 480 (not able to go less or more than this!)
preserve_aspect = no
fullscreen = yes

prevent_rounding_errors = yes

enable_vsync = yes

minigame_framelimiter = on

battleswirl_framelimiter = off

use_new_timer = yes

use_stable_timer = yes

linear_filter = off

transparent_dialogs = on

break_9999limit = yes

mdef_fix = yes

new_battle_interface = on

fancy_transparency = on

compress_textures = yes

direct_mode = off

show_missing_textures = no

Any help would be appreciated.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2010-09-27 09:19:18 »
You will have to either turn off prevent_rounding_errors which causes some glitches or run in a multiple of 640x480. 1280x960 or 1280x1024 (which is reduced to 1280x960 by aspect correction) will work fine, for example.

VampyricalCurse

« Reply #235 on: 2010-09-27 20:46:36 »
Okay I will try that. Thank you! :)

EDIT: Works like a charm. Thanks! I also forgot to say that I have no music.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-28 00:22:41 by VampyricalCurse »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2010-09-28 02:19:57 »

in the drive cfg file you will see a line that says this:
Code: [Select]
#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp if you are using FF7Music you need it to say this:
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgpif not leave it alone (With the Pound "#" sign)

VampyricalCurse

« Reply #237 on: 2010-09-28 21:46:42 »

#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp if you are using FF7Music you need it to say this:
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgpif not leave it alone (With the Pound "#" sign)

Thanks, that works! :)

Is there anyway to put yer own music into the game? I know about FF7Music mod, but I'm talking about custom music.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2010-09-28 22:24:07 »

Thanks, that works! :)

Is there anyway to put yer own music into the game? I know about FF7Music mod, but I'm talking about custom music.

Yes, replace the file in FF7 music with the mp3/ogg of your choice. if you have further questions on how to do that. please post it in a topic in Tech-support. Or the feedback for FF7music Thank you.

VampyricalCurse

« Reply #239 on: 2010-09-28 22:41:00 »
Thanks again. My apologies for posting in the wrong thread.  :)

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2010-09-30 23:33:31 »
Well, after some playing around, I finally figured out why I couldn't get FF VII running in WINE on OS X.  Any version of Aali's driver past 0.7.6b won't work (at least not on my hardware).  Any of them with the modified FF7Config says "Could Not Initialize OpenGL, Driver Probably Will Not Work", but it will if you use any version before 0.7.7b

Now my only problem (unrelated) is getting FF7Music to not crash when it changes songs

Otherwise, OS X is now my perfect OS

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #241 on: 2010-10-01 13:21:09 »
Well, after some playing around, I finally figured out why I couldn't get FF VII running in WINE on OS X.  Any version of Aali's driver past 0.7.6b won't work (at least not on my hardware).  Any of them with the modified FF7Config says "Could Not Initialize OpenGL, Driver Probably Will Not Work", but it will if you use any version before 0.7.7b

Now my only problem (unrelated) is getting FF7Music to not crash when it changes songs

try covarr's installer, w/ ogg or psf  , this is how i have manged to get it working on my linux box. before that it would crash after song change.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2010-10-02 05:41:33 »

try covarr's installer, w/ ogg or psf  , this is how i have manged to get it working on my linux box. before that it would crash after song change.

Yeah, that's what I tried, but I'm going to try a few other things before I go back to that again.

Takeru

• I died, a long time ago...
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2010-10-03 03:24:52 »
Hello, I'm having a problem with FF8 Movies using Aali's driver.

In app.log appears this

"GLITCH: NPOT texture support is required for movies to work"

Is there anyway to watch the movies without having NPOT support? and, not using fullscreen.

ThePieceOfCheese

FF8 Custom Driver Fail?
« Reply #244 on: 2010-10-03 04:56:51 »
Hi, this is my second try at patching something on the PC, so I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong. I got FF7 to work just fine but FF8 Configurator (I'm using Samuel's) is giving me a error message, saying 'Failed to load custom driver,' so I can't even open it now. The original FF8 Config can be opened but only has a primary display driver.

Can someone help me out please? Thanks!

Takeru

• View Profile
Re: FF8 Custom Driver Fail?
« Reply #245 on: 2010-10-03 18:14:40 »
Hi, this is my second try at patching something on the PC, so I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong. I got FF7 to work just fine but FF8 Configurator (I'm using Samuel's) is giving me a error message, saying 'Failed to load custom driver,' so I can't even open it now. The original FF8 Config can be opened but only has a primary display driver.

Can someone help me out please? Thanks!

You have to put "ff7_opengl.fgd" in the same folder where FF8 is installed, that should solve your problem.

ThePieceOfCheese

« Reply #246 on: 2010-10-03 19:19:44 »

You have to put "ff7_opengl.fgd" in the same folder where FF8 is installed, that should solve your problem.

Just tried as you suggested. Doing that gave me this message:

"Exception EAccessViolation in module FF8Configurator.exe at 00001F68.
Access violation at address 00401F68 in module 'FF8Configurator.exe'.
Read of address 00001058."

I think it has something to do with the eax.dll file. If I delete it I can get into the configurator but there's still no custom drive option.

Takeru

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2010-10-03 19:58:44 »

I think it has something to do with the eax.dll file. If I delete it I can get into the configurator but there's still no custom drive option.

Try installing EAXUnified and you don't have to put Custom Drive like in FF7 in FF8Configurator, just configure it in ff8opengl.cfg file.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2010-10-04 06:04:59 »
Well, 0.7.8b Suddenly decided to start playing nice with WINE.  Now if only I could replicate this process so I could write a tut.

Now, I'm down to this issue with FF7Music.  You removed the WINE version of the helper, because it was no longer needed as of WINE 1.1.35, which is great, since it caused FF7Music to crash for me anyway.  However, when I use the helper you have now, it doesn't even TRY to play the soundfiles I'm using with FF7Music.

ThePieceOfCheese

« Reply #249 on: 2010-10-04 06:08:43 »

Try installing EAXUnified and you don't have to put Custom Drive like in FF7 in FF8Configurator, just configure it in ff8opengl.cfg file.

I already have it installed. What should I change in ff8opengl.cfg?
« Last Edit: 2010-10-04 06:12:17 by ThePieceOfCheese »