Author Topic: No link in the FAQ for SBLive patch  (Read 2997 times)

sanjiyan

• View Profile
No link in the FAQ for SBLive patch
« on: 2002-08-17 07:31:05 »
AFAIK, there is no link in the FAQ for the SBLive! patch. BTW, will this patch work with the Audigy cards? And on Windows XP?

--Sir Sanjiyan

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2002-08-17 23:48:27 »
According to Creative, the Audigy is basically an improvement of the SBLive! If your Audigy card has soundfont compatability, then that SBLive! patch should work fine with your card. I don't understand why it is called a SBLive! Patch because what is included is just some soundfonts. You'll have to ask the author (Taightondude, is it?) for full information on that.

..and YES it should and will work in Windows XP. There are other topics that have explained how to correctly set it up in XP..but I'll just rephrase their divine knowledge.

Follow the directions on installing the SBLive! patch (ie. where to put it) and in your ff7 setup set your midi data to MIDI Soundfont AWE32/64
and your Midi driver to your default soundfont output device. I don't know the specs for the Audigy, but on the SBLive! the output device is - A: SBLive! Midi Synth

Hope this helps.

sanjiyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2002-08-19 06:03:51 »
OK, but I don't actually have the SB!Live patch. Where do I download it from; that's why I asked about it not being in the FAQ.

Anyhow, about this patch, does this allow for One Winged Angel to be heard with voices and all?

--Sir Sanjiyan

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2002-08-19 11:25:59 »
Yes, it does support One Winged Angel voices. Search old posts for the SBLive! patch..or you can go to the author's website:

http://www.geocities.com/somedude41/

and read the directions there. This patch is basically higher quality instruments than what was included with FF7 PC, and really isn't super-complicated. I actually prefer the original soundfonts because they sound how I like it to sound. But, you don't have to listen to my opinion on that  :P