Author Topic: Fort Condor donation bug  (Read 4362 times)

purple.platypus

• View Profile
Fort Condor donation bug
« on: 2010-11-28 04:18:12 »
There's a bug in Fort Condor that I'm wondering if any of the available mods here fix. I searched on ' "Fort Condor" bug ' and didn't find anything relevant; I apologize if I overlooked anything. The bug is that sometimes, the man in the shack asks you to donate at least 4000 gil, even after you have already done so (4500 or 5000 in my case). I've seen at least one person report this problem besides myself, with what I assume was an unmodded game, so I'm fairly sure it wasn't introduced by any mods from here, I was just wondering if there's any fixes for it available here.

I am using the PC version with the following:
  • Official 1.02 patch
  • Aali's custom graphics driver (0.7.9b, the latest version unless there's a new one in the last few days)
  • PRP
  • Team AVALANCHE mod
  • FF7 Music program, with the remixed OST
  • Reasonable Difficulty Mod
« Last Edit: 2010-11-28 04:21:07 by purple.platypus »

Aktinude

Re: Fort Condor donation bug
« Reply #1 on: 2011-01-25 20:13:23 »
You have probably already figured this out by now, but I figured I'd shed some light on the situation for any other gamers who may stumble upon this topic.  The man who mentions the donations at Fort Condor is not exactly getting his message across correctly.  Many gamers believe that you MUST donate 4000 gil, but this is not true.  The only reward for donating gil is that the chances of the army fending off the Shinra while you are away are increased by the amount of funds you've donated, which is really irrelevant considering you can participate in all but maybe 5 of the optional battles.  What the man is actually saying is that YOU need at least 4000 gil to fight the battle yourself.  This is because of the cost of units and managing your army.  The manner in which he expresses this makes is seem that you must donate to win, which is counterproductive if you do so, especially if you have very little gil in the first place.  Say you saved up 4000 gil for the "mandatory" donation and then realize that what the man actually meant.  You're then stuck grinding for another 4000 gil so you can even participate in the battle.  Honestly, none of the battles are hard in the slightest, but the more gil you already have going into battle, the more troops you can deploy.  Then, sit back and watch the Shinra get decimated by an inordinate amount of troops/fire catapults/every other unnecessary addition to your team the game offers.  Sorry for the long winded speech.  This is just a very common problem gamers have when it comes to understanding the mechanics of this particular sidequest.  Happy Gaming!!

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-01-25 21:01:15 »
i just skip this portion of the game until the last battle, then i get pheonix ;) none of the rewards seem good enough to waste 20 minutes slogging through a super-slow motion RTS type minigame. Or if i do i dont buy any units and let the general reach the top.

A-man

« Reply #3 on: 2011-01-26 03:52:36 »
I ran into this problem literally about 8 hours ago. He won't let me start the battle and gives me the message to donate gil, which I did, and I still get the same message. I cant skip it though because I get that message whe i click 'ok im ready'. I cant start the battle at all..

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-01-26 07:51:48 »
You have to talk to the old man downstairs first.