Author Topic: "yet-to-be announced" project  (Read 6430 times)

fabdub

• View Profile
"yet-to-be announced" project
« on: 2004-01-12 14:30:16 »
Japanese website Dengeki Online, recently interviewed composer Nobuo Uematsu. In the interview Uematsu talked about Final Fantasy Advent Children, amongst other projects.

He revealed that three different styles of music will be used for the movie; rock, classical and folk. He also said that while he is not intending to re-use the music from the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack, he was considering using it on a few occasions.  In particular he is thinking of using three of the most popular themes.  Those being the main theme, Aerith's theme and One Winged Angel. He said that at the moment he is trying to decide which of these songs should be used and during which part of the movie.

Also when speaking about the upcoming Final Fantasy music tour in Japan, he mentioned a possibility that a new unreleased composition from Advent Children or Final Fantasy XII may be performed.

One more interesting part came out of the interview. Uematsu mentions a "yet-to-be announced" project. This has also been mentioned by Tetsunya Nomura in the past. Fans of Uematsu's music will realize that all of his major work has been on the Final Fantasy series, with some minor work for a few other games. Of course we are only speculating here, but what if the un-announced project is in fact Final Fantasy VII-2. It would make sense, seeing that Uematsu is the main composer for Final Fantasy and has not had a major role in other titles. Plus, if Final Fantasy VII-2 is in the works, then it would not be announced until after Advent Children.

------

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #1 on: 2004-01-12 19:34:02 »
Heh, a Final Fantasy VII-2 now would certainly be odd. I mean, they've already used up a whole extension branch of the story to make Advent Children, for a whole game to be made they'd have to write so much extra material that would have to fit both VII and AC... I don't know, it would certainly risk diluting the storyline.

macksting

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-01-12 20:29:35 »
I must admit, I've always been curious about an aftermath of Final Fantasy VI... I always imagined Cayenne getting stuck with the throne of Doma as people start drifting toward the old sites of organized society, and then shortly abdicating and leaving it to a man-at-arms because he just doesn't have the heart for it.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #3 on: 2004-01-12 21:46:05 »
Quote from: Qhimm
I don't know, it would certainly risk diluting the storyline.

Think back to how much we all analyzed the story lines too.. Not only would it be risky for the general population to just play through and perhaps see an error, but the people like the ones that frequent this board to tear it apart during analysis would definitely pose an interesting subject..

macksting

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-01-13 00:35:00 »
But what about a prequel? ;)

DragonMage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2004-01-13 03:55:02 »
theres a prequal wtf

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2004-01-13 08:38:31 »
if they make a prequal , Ill sue :)

xeriouxi

• View Profile
FF7-2 is in progress...
« Reply #7 on: 2004-01-13 08:41:22 »
Hi!

I'm 99% sure that FF7-2 is already in the works. It was announced when the Advent Children trailer was released.  :D

I didn't know Nobuo Uematsu was doing the full soundtrack to the film! YAY! I love Mr. Uematsu! I was worried that they would do another 'Spirits Within' movie with another composer instead of Mr. Uematsu.  :D

xeriouxi.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2004-01-13 10:29:39 »
God damnit, Square friken sucks.
FFVII-2 is like taking one of those nostalgic memories from your childhood, recording it on video and putting Coca-Cola logos all over it. Or something...
FFX-2 was EVIL
FFVII-AC is HELLA EVIL
FFVII-2 is UBER SUPER GOLDEN POWER REMIX EVIL

Allthough I'll still play it... possibly even in Japanese. But it will piss me off to no end!
Square cant make up good new ideas, so now they are trashing their old releases by picking them up and stamping them into the ground.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #9 on: 2004-01-13 23:16:17 »
lol same goes for everyone, we hate squeenix.. but we cant stop palying)

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2004-01-14 17:26:43 »
I would love to play it, but it will probably hit on PS2 .. Do you really think it will hit PC? In other words since PS2 emulation is still kind of a mess right now were gonna have to play it on ps2s.. (my little brother has one, but it's hard to take it away from him.. which is what i had to do to beat FFX.. LoL)

macksting

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2004-01-14 18:18:36 »
I remain ambivalent, waiting to see what happens.
(Although I just had the exciting idea of actually *having* an FF6 prequel... set about a thousand years before)

I hope it's all good.

xeriouxi

• View Profile
PC? Not a chance...
« Reply #12 on: 2004-01-15 08:36:48 »
Hi!

I don't think that there is a chance in hell of it hitting the PC at all! Come on... people are still waiting for FFIX to be released on PC... like me!  :D

FFX has a very slim chance... and they aren't going to release X-2 on it because people may not have played FFX first...  :(

I'm not complaining if they do release FF7-2 on the PC, however... I'm sure many people have played the first on either the PSX or the PC!  :D

xeriouxi.

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2004-01-15 21:44:15 »
You know game companies are all about money would it really cost that much to port FFIX, X and future games to the PC? I suppose in the future we will be able to emulate (probably distant future) but when that finally happens they will have  a PS3 lol.. Damn video game market..

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2004-01-19 09:26:19 »
I'm actually betting that Square is lying about AC, and that it's going to be a game, not a movie.

They lied about anything in the works like this for years (It had to take a LONG time to create those models and skins!)  Who's to say theyre being honest about it being just a movie?

ANyway, that "Other project" could be an animation thing.. He was an executive producer on FF: Legend of the crystals, and as i recall, he worked on FF Unlimited as well (And i could have sword his name was in teh credits of TSW also).

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2004-01-19 11:09:55 »
Quote from: Caddberry
You know game companies are all about money would it really cost that much to port FFIX, X and future games to the PC? I suppose in the future we will be able to emulate (probably distant future) but when that finally happens they will have  a PS3 lol.. Damn video game market..

You can blame programming languages for that. There is not a stand video library, sound library, or 3D library. I mean, there is OpenGL, but I doubt that PS2 uses it. And then there is the controller problem...