Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001100 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.3]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #175 on: 2010-08-26 22:37:43 »
it shouldn't matter if they are from the same ps3 or not (although they would be most likely from the same ps3).
it doen't matter where the save files are in the game. ideally they would all be in the same location w/ the same data other then a byte or two difference.

chacyung

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2010-08-27 22:52:22 »
it shouldn't matter if they are from the same ps3 or not (although they would be most likely from the same ps3).
it doen't matter where the save files are in the game. ideally they would all be in the same location w/ the same data other then a byte or two difference.

In other words... "make a save, play a bit and save again - then repeat MANY times" YES?
I was thinking that I could just start a ton of different games, save the first chance I get, and then send all of those to you. But if it needs to be all the same game, (and duh, stupid me, this IS a FF7 related thread) then it might take a while.

I could take one of my previous FF7 saves to start with, and run around to fight one battle.
Then save, then fight once, then save... And so on...
But I'd have to stop at 15 sence you only have 15 slots.
(would 15 be enough to start with?)

Or would it be best that they're all on the same slot, and just renamed when I send them.
Alternatively, I could just start it up immediately save on all 14 other slots, and just send that...
Sence you said that it would be best that they all be just SLIGHTLY different.
That way the only difference would be what slot it's on.
(would that be enough of a difference?)

Sorry if I seem rambly ^^;
« Last Edit: 2010-08-27 22:54:17 by chacyung »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #177 on: 2010-09-02 13:53:46 »
sorry all , been a bit busy IRL. i just found a small bug in 1.3 i will be working on fixing and adding at least one more event for selection, and few other things. (hopefully getting an updated french translation , anyone want to do this?) and then releasing 1.4

new for 1.4 - (so far)

wip bug fix: errors on eskill load will master an eskill materia under some conditions.
new: PSP save game loading/ exporting (no saving because of the nonsence checksum on the file)

quick question what event(s) would you like to see added to as a replay ?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2010-09-02 15:31:45 »
All of them  :P

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #179 on: 2010-09-02 16:51:29 »
All of them  :P
thanks for the input sl :P. but i was looking for one or two for the next release , ( i have one in mind .. but two is more fun )

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2010-09-02 17:07:18 »
Date scene in gold saucer

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #181 on: 2010-09-02 17:28:25 »
thats done already in 1.3 :P so is the flash back and bombing mission

chacyung

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2010-09-02 18:17:21 »
thats done already in 1.3 :P so is the flash back and bombing mission

How about the scene at the start when they take the vehicles to excape from shinra HQ?
I always liked seeing Tifa in 3D *drools*
Perhaps even add a pause option, hehehe

inukaze

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2010-09-12 20:09:20 »
Sorry for my bad english , if some moderator can , edit the post to fix my bad context

Hi There , Well . i use the BlackChocbo under "Ubuntu Lucid 32 Bits" , My PC : 1,4Ghz Intel Xeon 64 Bits 2003 , Nvidia GeForce 5700LE 256MB AGP 4X , RAM : 640 MB .

Ok guys . yesterday i just think in re-order my FF7 PC Saves . but the "Black Chocobo" yet dont have a option Like That . well i decide ( making backup first ) to open the "save00.ff7" and export like "PSX" Slot Save.

I Delete others files , now just stay "save00.ff7" & "save01.ff7" , now i open in the "Black Chocobo" and import, the before psx exports, to this slots. look

See , i the "Slots Selecter" i see 3 Saves , okey , i go to the "FF7", and appear like this

the anothers 12 saved games dont appear .  in the second "slot" of saved games .

See this 2 Images :

Well , i dont have more saved games , after the 10 saved , but i dont know why , the game show this :

I Open the "Jenova 0.3.1" FF7 Saved Game Editor and appear this , just like game :

Okey , we need , some fix in this excelent software :D ^^

==============================================================================================================================================

Changing of Point Of Theme . Well if you wanna Export , PC Saved Game to PSX Saved Slot , using the Black Chocobo , to for example "FF7 Pal Spanish" Version , you need

[/b]

Okey , export, your Save Slot , to file .

Open MemCardRex (  http://shendo.xtemu.com/memcardrex.html ) , if you wanna make a Need MemoryCard , for "Emulators" like "ePSXe" ( blackchocobo support mcr & mcd memory card emulators format )

BlackChocobo by Default , export PSX Save in the USA "Save Header" , but if you like me, have another version of FF7 PSX ( i have Platinium PAL European in Spanish ) , select a free slot in the "MemCardRex" using the "Right Click" , and Select "Import Save" , now search and select your exported save from BlackChocobo.

Now make "Right Click" in that Saved Game and Select "Edit Save Header"

And Select your game "Region" : "USA , Europe , Japan" and if need you change the "Product Code"
like this :

Final Fantasy 7:

'SCES00867', /* FF7 Pal - Disc 1 */
'SCES10867', /* FF7 Pal - Disc 2 */
'SCES20867', /* FF7 Pal - Disc 3 */

http://psxdata.snesorama.us/games/P/F/SCES-00869.html
'SCES00869', /* FF7 Pal Ger - Disc 1 */
'SCES10869', /* FF7 Pal Ger - Disc 2 */
'SCES20869', /* FF7 Pal Ger - Disc 3 */

http://psxdata.snesorama.us/games/U/F/SCUS-94163.html
'SCUS94163', /* FF7 U/C - Disc 1 */
'SCUS94164', /* FF7 U/C - Disc 2 */
'SCUS94165', /* FF7 U/C - Disc 3 */

http://psxdata.snesorama.us/games/J/F/SLPS-00700.html
'SLPS00700', /* FF7 Jap - Disc 1 */
'SLPS00701', /* FF7 Jap - Disc 2 */
'SLPS00702', /* FF7 Jap - Disc 3 */

PAL Spanish Version :
'SCES00900', /* FF7 Pal Spa - Disc 1 */
'SCES10900', /* FF7 Pal Spa - Disc 2 */
'SCES20900', /* FF7 Pal Spa - Disc 3 */

You see that in the "Terminal" of "ePSXe" or inside the "PSX CD" ^^ Ever exist the file with that name for example in the root of cd , sometimes you can see a file with the name "SCESXXXXX" depending of the Game.

If the "BlackChocobo" Programers , put some options to Export PSX Version , without use another tool like "MemoryCard Rex" because i cant use "MemoryCardRex 1.4" under Ubuntu , via Wine1.2 , this API yet support it.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #184 on: 2010-09-13 04:01:47 »
yes you are correct we only export w /usa psx header data (sorry its the only psx saves i can make).

as for your question im not sure what your asking. be sure u get black chocobo 1.3 or if possible build from the svn. and see if your issue still exists, but somethings i did notice.

to make organized save files you can copy and paste files across file loads, to re-order save games.

the saves w/ all clouds are 0 everthing is how empty slots show up in slot selection, i have no idea why they show in your savegame on file load like that. (unless you played with the empty slots)

and about you import issue., after you imported you psx slot did you save the save game, there is no saving unless you save even when you import (its not over looked just that one will still have save to avoid accidental over writing.?

are u running black chocobo thru wine? there is a native version for linux you will have to install two packages to get it to work w/ ubuntu (libqt4 and libqt4-gui) then you can use the i386 linux build and spare your self the horrid look of qt's widgetset on windows.

inukaze

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2010-09-13 04:29:46 »
Oh Sorry , i Forgot to Say that , Its the Last stable of BlackChobo , version 1.3 . i dont like SVN ( unstables versions )

And yes , when i "Import PSX Slot Save" to a Save Game , i save the file , and continue to the next slot , and "Import PSX Slot Save" again using another PSX Save and saving again the save game.

In The BlackChocobo , the File , Load fine , but in Jenova show me like the game take it the file ( Incomplete ? )

Yes i have installed parts of "KDE4" ( For Games like "Kpatience" ) . i have too the "QT4" needs files ^^ , i run BlackChocobo 1.3 Native for Linux.  well Trought WINE , works Too , but i prefer Natives & Stables Versions .

I got another question ? , why QT4 ? and not "GTK+" or "Python" or "PyGTK" ? i just wanna know , why the devs of BlackChoboco Prefer QT4 xD ^^ Thanks by all ^^
« Last Edit: 2010-09-13 04:40:00 by inukaze »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #186 on: 2010-09-13 13:13:50 »
Oh Sorry , i Forgot to Say that , Its the Last stable of BlackChobo , version 1.3 . i dont like SVN ( unstables versions )
generally my svn is stable. and contains bug fixes and new features  (generally)

And yes , when i "Import PSX Slot Save" to a Save Game , i save the file , and continue to the next slot , and "Import PSX Slot Save" again using another PSX Save and saving again the save game.
just checking to be sure you have saved. now these are pal psx your importing? or ntsc-u psx saves(i can only really work w/ usa saves, but they from the loading aspect, shouldn't be much difference.)
In The BlackChocobo , the File , Load fine , but in Jenova show me like the game take it the file ( Incomplete ? )
i think this is not the first load issue w/ jenova (you don't need it we can do it all w/ black chocobo)
Yes i have installed parts of "KDE4" ( For Games like "Kpatience" ) . i have too the "QT4" needs files ^^ , i run BlackChocobo 1.3 Native for Linux.  well Trought WINE , works Too , but i prefer Natives & Stables Versions .
damn gnome makes qt look ulgy..
I got another question ? , why QT4 ? and not "GTK+" or "Python" or "PyGTK" ? i just wanna know , why the devs of BlackChoboco Prefer QT4 xD ^^ Thanks by all ^^
i know C++, wanted an ez to use cross platform and gpled tool kit to use. and don't like gnome and Gtk is ulgy also i don't want to deal w/ having a possible mono requirement  later on. oh yea that and i use KDE4 on just about all my machines.

inukaze

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2010-09-13 17:38:17 »
generally my svn is stable. and contains bug fixes and new features  (generally)

Well well well , i need test it ;)

just checking to be sure you have saved. now these are pal psx your importing? or ntsc-u psx saves(i can only really work w/ usa saves, but they from the loading aspect, shouldn't be much difference.)

Well the Export / Import , its with my Spanish Pal Version Of FF7. ( SCES00900 )
well i dont know , the header , if possible affect this ???

Damn gnome makes qt look ulgy..
I Know the QT4 libs ( some devs tell me , its for the license of NOKIA and Trolltech dont make applications with that libs ) , looks better , but in distros , the GTK+ Toolkit its more use the mayor part of software use this , and i dont know a good lib to draw QT4 Natives Looks Nice in GTK+ Natives applications.

Well i Have GTK+ under Ubuntu 10.04 , and Microsoft Windows XP , its not a cross-platform lib too ???
in mac you can install gtk+ , to use softwares Like Pidgin ;=)

i know C++, wanted an ez to use cross platform and gpled tool kit to use. and don't like gnome and Gtk is ulgy also i don't want to deal w/ having a possible mono requirement  later on. oh yea that and i use KDE4 on just about all my machines.

Well "mono" its very slowly , i dont like that , i dont think "mono" was necesary if someone make a gtk port of BlackChocobo xD :P .

Well KDE4 looks very nice , but the softwares i use like "snes9x-gtk" , "pidgin" , "Google Chrome" , "Firefox" , "Gimp" , and anothers , use the "GTK+" libs , that its sad , because the look dont adapt in KDE4.

You know a nice lib to draw natives QT4 in GTK+ Applications ??? or GTK+ in QT4 Natives ???

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #188 on: 2010-09-13 19:39:14 »
gtk+ apps in kde4 (at least in kubuntu) look like gtk or native Qt4 apps since they use a gtk+ version of the qt widget theme. as for gtk i just don't have to use it. like i said im not a Gnome user, and most of my apps run w/ Qt already (i mean look at the screen shots b.choco looks best under kde4 , w/ obsidian coast color scheme).

as for the svn have at it enjoy(let me know if u like). , also i'll see if i can get some ff7 pal saves from the psx see if i can find an issue. also will double check that ntsc (us) saves import properly.Since i don't want any known bugs in 1.4 when i release it.

edit: the import feature works fine when i import a us psx save and load in ff7 pc (us version also..)

edit edit:perhaps this will help w/ a more native look to Qt stuff. http://podlesek.org/blog/blogpost/make-your-kde-apps-look-good-gnome-0
« Last Edit: 2010-09-13 21:50:30 by sithlord48 »

inukaze

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2010-09-14 02:43:08 »
and , a ePSXe FF7 Pal Saved Memory Card , can help you ???

If not, how i can transfer a Native PSX Save to my pc , to give you a native psx pal save game ???

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2010-09-14 02:50:10 »
and , a ePSXe FF7 Pal Saved Memory Card , can help you ???

If not, how i can transfer a Native PSX Save to my pc , to give you a native psx pal save game ???
http://www.mediafire.com/?tmyzzz0mkj2 PSXMemtool

inukaze

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2010-09-14 04:17:13 »
Thanks for the Tool "athleticbear" , this tool works with wine1.2 ^^ , well , i have exported a PC Save File to a "Memory Card File" (mcd) to use it with ePSXe 1.6.0 ( Native Of Linux ) { If someone dont know the Windows Versions works too with Wine }

Well i exported , edit the "Save Header" and "Region" with the "PSXMemTool"
(http://www.mediafire.com/?tmyzzz0mkj2 ) and load in the Emulator ( Remember i have the FF7 Pal Spanish Verion ) i play about 10 mix aprox , and save it in the next slot . ( i forgot say the FF7Remix change the Name Locations Of World Map from Spanish to English ¬¬  and anothers texts)

The Exported FF7 PC Saved Game to PSX :

Playing ( You can use the image to set better your "Pete OpenGL Plugin" with Nvidia Cards you can guide if you see detailed the above part in green )

Saved Game below of Imported , in the Slot 15 , native ff7 pal spanish saved game

Now you can download Memory Card File from : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3164499/FF7PC/BlackChocbo/Exports/FF7.mcd

I Hope this can help.

Another question : Which tools exists natives of Linux, for Edit / Arrange FF7 ??? ( things like Loveless - FF7 Text Editor for Windows but for Linux )

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #192 on: 2010-09-14 12:07:43 »
I had a weird (and probably unintended) feature pop up after editing something. ( I gave myself the key items from wall market I couldn't get, like bikini briefs, dyed wig, wig, satin dress, etc )
afterwards, I didnt even notice this at first, I went to exchange some materia over the 'exchange' menu, which shows all characters you have aquiered. It showed all of them. I was in wall market and I had Red 13, Yuffie, Sephiroth, Cloud and Cid in the menu. I could also just take Sephiroths master materias and give them to someone else... like.. yeah.
They also showed up in weapon / armor shop menu's to display what they gain / lose with the armor.

any idea what causes this? Or how to prevent this? Because I fear this might cause some REAL problems with the story

On another note, it's a litt eannoying that the menu jumps and auto-scrolls down whenever you click a key item. Basically, you click item 20, and it scrolls down and item 20 is the further most up in the menu.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-14 12:10:45 by KuugenTheFox »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #193 on: 2010-09-14 12:15:00 »
there are a few i know of
black chocobo - this save editor
makou reactor - a script editor and viewer of types written by myst6re (also written in QT4 oddly enuff.)
there is also a cli tool to extract and compress lgp files aali's written it i've compiled and pacakged it  here

then for ff8 myst6re wrote hyne a qt4 ff8 save editor get it here

those are all i know of.. (i have a few more in mind to make but have not started them yet)

Quote from: KuugenTheFox
any idea what causes this? Or how to prevent this? Because I fear this might cause some REAL problems with the story
my guess is that you played w/ the phs values (or i need to seperate the two values possibly)

Quote from: KuugenTheFox
On another note, it's a litt eannoying that the menu jumps and auto-scrolls down whenever you click a key item. Basically, you click item 20, and it scrolls down and item 20 is the further most up in the menu.
that is something Qt is doing on its own when i set the lists currently selected. because the list can scroll, i have not bothered to attempt to address it since its only a minor annoyance, eventually i will.but for now its that or you get to start at the top or bottom when you touch the list
« Last Edit: 2010-09-14 12:19:53 by sithlord48 »

inukaze

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2010-09-18 04:57:39 »
Hi there , well i cant edit the World Maps Locations names , to re-translate to spanish xD with the "Makou Reactor" , some another tool for Linux ???

Well , im in the CD2 of FF7 PC Version , i try to export to PSX Game With BlackChocobo using the "PSXMemtool" but with the Saves of CD2 dont works , and with the CD1 yes . when i try to import PSX Exported of Black Chocobo to PSXMemtool , cd1 work , cd2 dont work , cd3 unknow yet .

Well i take te PC Save File complete , the PSXMemtool can Open This files , and save it like memory card file . and well this software "PSXMemTool" question me , what Region , and i select "Europe" but the Product-Code its different for me. i change it manually .

Surprise , If i put the CD1 Productor Code ( SCES-00900 ) the emulator & cd2 , reconized the saved game , but i put the CD2 Product Code ( SCES-10900 ) , the emulator & cd2 , dont reconized the saved game , and i dont why.

But because of that i know the "PSX Save Header" are this :

00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A  0B   0C   0D 0E 0F
===============================================

For country , change the value of "0B" First Line
For Slot , change the value of "0C" Second Line

For Countrys :
41 America
45 Europe
49 Japan

American Header : ( SLOT 1 )
51 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 FF FF 42 >41< 53 43 45 53   : American
2D 30 30 39 30 30 46 46 37 2D 53 30   >31<  00 00 00   : Slot 1

European Header : ( SLOT 2 )
51 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 FF FF 42 >45< 53 43 45 53   : European
2D 30 30 39 30 30 46 46 37 2D 53 30   >32<  00 00 00   : Slot 2

Japanase Header : ( SLOT 3 )
51 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 FF FF 42 >49< 53 43 45 53   : Japanese
2D 30 30 39 30 30 46 46 37 2D 53 30   >33<  00 00 00   : Slot 3

For Slots :
31 -> S01
32 -> S02
33 -> S03
34 -> S04
35 -> S05
36 -> S06
37 -> S07
38 -> S08
39 -> S09

31 30 -> S10

American Header (Slot 10 ) :
51 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 FF FF 42 >41< 53 43 45 53   : American
2D 30 30 39 30 30 46 46 37 2D 53 >31<>30<  00 00 00   : Slot 10

31 31 -> S11
European Header (Slot 11 ) :
51 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 FF FF 42 >45< 53 43 45 53   : European
2D 30 30 39 30 30 46 46 37 2D 53 >31<>31<  00 00 00   : Slot 11

31 32 -> S12
Japanese Header (Slot 12 ) :
51 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 FF FF 42 >49< 53 43 45 53   : Japanese
2D 30 30 39 30 30 46 46 37 2D 53 >31<>32<  00 00 00   : Slot 12

31 33 -> S13
31 34 -> S14
31 35 -> S15

Well i dont know the emulator dont take it , well i go to test with anothers emulators :)
I test this memory card save slot with pcsx-r under linux ubuntu 10.04 64 Bits.

Product Code :
SCES-00900 in SLOT01 , European Header ( CD2 Works with this for me )

00 >01< 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A  0B   0C   0D 0E 0F
51 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 >42 49 42 *45* 53 43 45 53 : Region = *Europe*
2D >30< 30 39 30 30 46 46 37 2D 53  30< | 31 |00 00 00 > Product Code : SCES->0<0900 | Slot 01 |

SCES-10900 in SLOT01 , European Header ( CD2 DONT Work with this for me )
51 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 >42 49 42 *45* 53 43 45 53 > Region = *Europe*
2D >31< 30 39 30 30 46 46 37 2D 53 30 31< 00 00 00 > Product Code : SCES->1<0900 | Slot 01 |

SCES-20900 in SLOT01 , European Header ( CD3 Unknow if work or not )
51 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 >42 49 42 45 53 43 45 53 > Region = Europe
2D >32< 30 39 30 30 46 46 37 2D 53 30 31< 00 00 00 > Product Code : SCES->2<0900 | Slot 01 |

SCES-00867 in SLOT01 , European Header ( CD1 , you should test )

00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F
2D >30 30 38 36 37< 46 46 37 2D 53 60< |31| 00 00 00   : Product Code : SCES->00867< |SLOT 1|

SCES-10867 in SLOT02 , European Header (CD2 , you should test )
2D *31* >30 38 36 37< 46 46 37 2D 53 60< |32| 00 00 00   : Product Code : SCES-*1*>0867< |SLOT 2|

SCES-20867 in SLOT03 , European Header (CD3 , you should test )

2D *32* >30 38 36 37< 46 46 37 2D 53 30< |33| 00 00 00   : Product Code : SCES-*2*>0867< |SLOT 3|

SCES-00869 in SLOT10 , European Header (CD1 , you should test )
2D 30 30 38 36 39 46 46 37 2D 53<|31 30| : Product Code : SCES-00869 |SLOT 10|

SCUS-94163 in SLOT11 , American Header (CD1 , you should test )
51 00 00 00 00 20 00 00>42 49 42*45*53 43 45 53 : Region = *America*
2d 39 34 31 36 33 46 46 37 2D 53<|31 31| 00 00 00 : Product Code = SCUS-94163 |SLOT 11|

SCUS-94164 in SLOT12 , American Header (CD2 , you should test )
51 00 00 00 00 20 00 00>42 49 42*45*53 43 45 53 : Region = *America*
2d 39 34 31 36*34*46 46 37 2D 53<|31 32| 00 00 00 : Product Code = SCUS-9416*4* |SLOT 12|

SLPS-00700 in SLOT15 , Japonese Header (CD1 , you sould test )
51 00 00 00 00 20 00 00>42 49 42*49*53 43 45 53 : Region = *Japan*
2D 30 30 37 30 30 46 46 37 2D 53<|31 35| 00 00 00 : Product Code = >SLPS-00700< |SLOT 15|
« Last Edit: 2010-09-18 06:11:14 by inukaze »

newb

« Reply #195 on: 2010-09-18 14:28:26 »
Hi Everyone,

I am using the v1.3 release on Macosx and I cannot figure out how to save my changes to the saved game files. 

If i choose “save file” and go to select mcd001.mcr (the memcard save) it is grayed out and cannot be selected.  If i save the file manually as mcd001.mcr, FFVII tells me the safe file must be formatted when I go to load it.

Choosing “import to current slot” yeilds a similar result, and if I choose “export from current slot” the editor saves the file as BASCUS-94163FF7--S01-S01 which cannot be opened/read by PCSX (editor Im using).  If i try to save BASCUS-94163FF7--S01-S01 as mcd0001.mcr, the game tells me the file must be formatted when I try to open it.

Any suggestions?  Thx!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #196 on: 2010-09-19 01:22:39 »
Choosing “import to current slot” yeilds a similar result, and if I choose “export from current slot” the editor saves the file as BASCUS-94163FF7--S01-S01 which cannot be opened/read by PCSX (editor Im using).  If i try to save BASCUS-94163FF7--S01-S01 as mcd0001.mcr, the game tells me the file must be formatted when I try to open it.

you can not currently import/export mcr files with black chocobo. (this may change in the future)

If i choose “save file” and go to select mcd001.mcr (the memcard save) it is grayed out and cannot be selected.  If i save the file manually as mcd001.mcr, FFVII tells me the safe file must be formatted when I go to load it.
i just checked the code and i found a small bug w/ mcr file name handling. i have fixed that. i don't know why if you save it manually it tells you to format it. perhaps its due to the bug but i am not convinced thats the case, so i will have to test this further w/ pcsx.

newb

« Reply #197 on: 2010-09-19 04:33:44 »

Thx!
« Last Edit: 2010-09-19 17:47:41 by newb »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #198 on: 2010-09-19 14:11:33 »
newb, can you tell me what region version of ff7 your are playing in the emulator?. im just wondering since the same region issues that you see above w/ the real psx are possible here too (again if you open your region save it should not matter since i don't try to write any of that data i just copy it from the save)

newb

« Reply #199 on: 2010-09-19 14:39:01 »
Unfortunately I am using a disc image of which I do not know the origin. 

These are what the files look like.  Is there a way to tell what version of the game this is while in game?