Author Topic: Thoughts About: Dissidia 012  (Read 2011 times)

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
Thoughts About: Dissidia 012
« on: 2011-06-14 16:53:26 »
I've already picked it up and played for a few hours but as far as I can tell to me, it's an expansion of the first game, but indeed a very good "expansion". Sorta like how Bioshock 2 was to Bioshock 1 (Example) Anyway I haven't played too much just finished Chapter 1 and then I fooled around in Arcade Mode for a bit but that's it.

Your Thoughts?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Thoughts About: Dissidia 012
« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-14 17:05:56 »
The gameplay is almost identical with the inclusion of the support attack system. Returning characters have been reworked and almost all attacks have been changed in some way. It does contain all the story elements of the original game so it's more like a re-working than an expansion. It was worth selling back the original to get this one.
I liked it too, but it was too much like the original to hold my interest for very long. I put it down after a few months rather than nearly a year. A lot of changes were for the better and I like it better than the original. However, the differences between the two are like the differences between Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts About: Dissidia 012
« Reply #2 on: 2011-06-14 17:43:39 »
I played the shit out of the first Dissidia, racking in over 200 hours. Dissidia 012 has a new story mode, which tells the story of what happened in the 12th cycle. I played through the story, played around with the new characters a bit, and then got bored with it.

Same game, just added a few minor things.