Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4925349 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3925 on: 2016-07-01 19:33:46 »
No, that doesn't work, I have crashs when I do that. The way I found is patching it with Néo-Midgar, the result is that editors can't open it when it is patched. So I think it will be better to wait till you're absolutely sure you won't change it. ;) PM me when it's the case.

Okay-doke; I'll drop you a PM when the time comes.

Edit: I'll get the IRO updated and uploaded later tonight (sorry about the wait, just worried about more bugs in the flevel appearing).
« Last Edit: 2016-07-03 14:04:36 by Sega Chief »

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: 2016-07-03 21:03:00 »
So hey sega, my game is consistently soft locking while fighting jenova?

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: 2016-07-03 22:07:14 »
Found a work around for it. Also is NG+ not available yet?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: 2016-07-03 23:30:27 »
So hey sega, my game is consistently soft locking while fighting jenova?

Found a work around for it. Also is NG+ not available yet?

So I take it Jenova Synthesis (last one) was causing problems? It was reported that killing the arms could cause a soft-lock, likely due to there being those two additional enemies in the fight. It's on my checklist for the scene patch.

NG+ I'm not too sure about now. Every draft I've got would make more sense as a stand-alone mod than something scripted on top of NT. Although if the absolute reset debug line is an actual total reset and doesn't throw up any serious problems then I could maybe do something with that.

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: 2016-07-04 15:02:19 »
Little something I noticed today. When speaking to the kid in Cid's house, sometimes Cid will get stuck on the potted plant by the door when walking to his point, meaning you can't do anything and have to reset the game. I don't have a video or a gif of that moment but I have a screenshot of where Cid gets stuck.

I never encountered it during my first playthrough but Cid was my party leader when I did those fights.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3930 on: 2016-07-04 20:32:55 »
Little something I noticed today. When speaking to the kid in Cid's house, sometimes Cid will get stuck on the potted plant by the door when walking to his point, meaning you can't do anything and have to reset the game. I don't have a video or a gif of that moment but I have a screenshot of where Cid gets stuck.

I never encountered it during my first playthrough but Cid was my party leader when I did those fights.

It's too cramped a space, and I haven't put in any real handling for where Cloud is when you talk to the kid. New plan is to move it out into the backyard and trigger it from when you get the Highwind onwards and the Bronco vanishes (only way to explain the Bronco sitting out there as it's part of the field background itself). Should be a lot more space and I can use Palmer's position, etc. to trigger it more safely. Though having Air Buster in that tiny house was fun.

Sethiiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: 2016-07-05 03:24:49 »
Yes, killing arms first or dealing too much damage to all of jenova would cause soft lock, had to individually kill each piece one by one, starting with the two side jenovas. And If NG+ doesn't sound right to you, why not do an alternate timeline like you did with the sleeping forest sidequest or something along those lines?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: 2016-07-05 13:19:03 »
Yes, killing arms first or dealing too much damage to all of jenova would cause soft lock, had to individually kill each piece one by one, starting with the two side jenovas. And If NG+ doesn't sound right to you, why not do an alternate timeline like you did with the sleeping forest sidequest or something along those lines?

That was going to be the plan; it was going to start in Sector 7, Meteor had been summoned already, and you needed to escape a monster-infested Midgar to make your way across the continents to the North Crater (with Whirlwind Maze connecting to the actual Disc 3 crater and some other connections between areas elsewhere). Along the way you'd find safehouses like the Church or Gold Saucer where characters that hadn't been picked to start out with could be picked up. Fight-wise, it was to start out at around Lv.70 or so and quickly boost your party to Lv.99 for NG+, starting you off with a Lv.70 team and a modest arsenal of gear if you were playing from New Game instead.

Had a few notes for events, and a system where you could call in remnant Shinra forces to make an area less dangerous/decrease the encounter rate but it'd be limited to three areas or something. The whole idea was to have almost no story and just be a kind of Mercenaries mode like from Resident Evil 3; about 10hrs in length.

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: 2016-07-06 11:59:31 »
There's something in the game or, to be more exact, something that didn't happen that I've been wondering about. I've seen in Youtube videos in past builds that there is a boss battle in order to get the Gold Chocobo from the Kalm Traveler, but when I got to it, I got it without the fight.So my question is, was that fight removed from the mod, or did something wrong happen with my game? By the way, loving the mod so far!!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: 2016-07-06 22:09:39 »
There's something in the game or, to be more exact, something that didn't happen that I've been wondering about. I've seen in Youtube videos in past builds that there is a boss battle in order to get the Gold Chocobo from the Kalm Traveler, but when I got to it, I got it without the fight.So my question is, was that fight removed from the mod, or did something wrong happen with my game? By the way, loving the mod so far!!

I think I removed it so that there wasn't an extra roadblock to getting the Gold Chocobo without breeding one. That fight will likely turn up elsewhere when I've figured out where to put it.

Edit: I'm looking to get this revision for Hojo done today and the scene patch uploaded. I'll be putting an IRO together shortly after (and I'll send you it as a special patch, SoS, if you're still playing).

Edit2: Scene patch is up; it overhauls Hojo, Lost Number, that soldier fight outside Shinra Mansion, and SOLDIER enemies in general. I think Gi Kattan was tweaked as well.

Edit3: Gotta go to work soon (working five days in a row due to a scheduling mishap :I), but expect the updated IRO to be up tomorrow.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-08 19:37:28 by Sega Chief »

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: 2016-07-09 11:43:03 »
I am in fact and I would appreciate that greatly, just got to where disk 2 starts though so I've passed a couple of those. In the "where is the thing" file, there is no location for Added cut yet it doesn't appear to be where it is in the normal game. Will I miss it if I leave the glacier?

Edit: I reloaded the game and it showed up this time so no worries, not sure what happened.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-09 12:02:46 by Soulofsteel »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: 2016-07-09 16:33:29 »
I am in fact and I would appreciate that greatly, just got to where disk 2 starts though so I've passed a couple of those. In the "where is the thing" file, there is no location for Added cut yet it doesn't appear to be where it is in the normal game. Will I miss it if I leave the glacier?

Edit: I reloaded the game and it showed up this time so no worries, not sure what happened.

I sent a PM with the special patch.

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: 2016-07-09 18:05:23 »
Just a quick question. The new item "Yellow Wave" is supposed to reduce the enemy's defenses by a certain amount, but can you use multiple yellow waves to significantly reduce the enemy's stats, or are all subsequent yellow waves wasted after the first one? I'm trying to use these to defeat a certain boss in the game (Netzechariah to be more exact) and was wondering this, as I don't want to use more than I need to.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: 2016-07-09 20:19:16 »
They'll reduce defences down by 25% of the original value each time, much like how a Hero Drink works; four will reduce them to 0 Defence.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: 2016-07-10 00:26:25 »
Has anyone else had trouble with Gaea Dragons? I feel like I'm missing a component of the battle because they just keep healing and healing. Any suggestions?

Edit: I figured it out =D
« Last Edit: 2016-07-10 00:51:58 by Soulofsteel »

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: 2016-07-11 04:40:26 »
I'm assuming what I just encountered was a bug but I'm not certain. I was doing Junon League Brawler Cup and the first enemy uses Obsession first turn. I was using Tifa and her health dropped from dual insanely fast, but when she hit 0, it said grit was triggered though she remained at 0 hp and now the battle appears to have soft locked. for several minutes, I have been at 0 hp, getting no turns, but still alive.The enemy keeps acting, but nothing kills me.

Edit: The dual effect finally ended after an extended period of time and now I'm at 0 hp but am not dying, and still getting turns, so it seems I'm unkillable in this scenario.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-11 04:43:06 by Soulofsteel »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: 2016-07-11 06:10:59 »
I'm assuming what I just encountered was a bug but I'm not certain. I was doing Junon League Brawler Cup and the first enemy uses Obsession first turn. I was using Tifa and her health dropped from dual insanely fast, but when she hit 0, it said grit was triggered though she remained at 0 hp and now the battle appears to have soft locked. for several minutes, I have been at 0 hp, getting no turns, but still alive.The enemy keeps acting, but nothing kills me.

Edit: The dual effect finally ended after an extended period of time and now I'm at 0 hp but am not dying, and still getting turns, so it seems I'm unkillable in this scenario.

Interesting, I've experimented with 0HP characters in the past and they tend to be invincible until their HP is raised past 0 again. Were you getting no turns due to the Manipulate status? That attack also inflicts this status which might account for the no turns. As for the invulnerability, I'll test if this is always the case due to Dual-Drain and add a line to remove this status if Tifa gets KO'd.

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: 2016-07-12 15:59:32 »
Where could I find Iron Men? I'm trying to gather things for ultimate weapons and can't find him. In the vanilla game he was only past the point of no return according to the wiki.

Also where could I find the Planet materia? IIRC the where is the thing doc said it was won from the silver match at gold saucer but I got final attack instead.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: 2016-07-12 21:09:52 »
Where could I find Iron Men? I'm trying to gather things for ultimate weapons and can't find him. In the vanilla game he was only past the point of no return according to the wiki.

Also where could I find the Planet materia? IIRC the where is the thing doc said it was won from the silver match at gold saucer but I got final attack instead.

Iron Giants were added to the encounter list of the Left-Down path in the Crater (the screen where you used to have to jump/grab Mega-All).

Planet Materia's location was moved; it's obtained from the Forgotten City altar in Disc 3 (need to visit the bottom of North Cave beforehand though, to set the Game Moment to 1998). I don't think I intended to put Final Attack in for the Silver Match though, that should be for the Special Battle. I'll have a look.

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: 2016-07-12 22:18:21 »
Ah, nice. Thanks.

I could have been wrong about Final Attack. I did both the silver and special matches so I might have got 'em mixed up.

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: 2016-07-13 04:37:32 »
Yeah i think the manipulate is what caused the lack of turns, though it lasted much longer than i expected. Once i hit 0 hp i never healed, just let it ride and death never happened.
About chocobo racing, sometimes, maybe 50% of the time the races move at super speed. Is there any way to enable that so it always happens?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: 2016-07-13 08:27:31 »
Yeah i think the manipulate is what caused the lack of turns, though it lasted much longer than i expected. Once i hit 0 hp i never healed, just let it ride and death never happened.
About chocobo racing, sometimes, maybe 50% of the time the races move at super speed. Is there any way to enable that so it always happens?

Not that I know of, but people were trying to fix this bug so maybe they'll be able to make it always happen as well.

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: 2016-07-15 09:51:52 »
I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, so be safe I'll bring it up now. When trying to fight Lucrecia behind the waterfall in Disc 3, the game would softlock when approaching Lucrecia with Tifa as party leader. Tifa will walk up to her but nothing else will happen. I did this twice and both times it softlocked. When I switched my party leader back to Cloud, the scene progressed as it should, and the battle began. I'm not sure if this happens with Cid as the leader (as I didn't test it), but I'm assuming so.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: 2016-07-15 10:06:43 »
I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, so be safe I'll bring it up now. When trying to fight Lucrecia behind the waterfall in Disc 3, the game would softlock when approaching Lucrecia with Tifa as party leader. Tifa will walk up to her but nothing else will happen. I did this twice and both times it softlocked. When I switched my party leader back to Cloud, the scene progressed as it should, and the battle began. I'm not sure if this happens with Cid as the leader (as I didn't test it), but I'm assuming so.

I think it was mentioned, but I didn't get around to it. Must be similar to the Priscilla thing; I should be able to fix it.

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: 2016-07-15 11:47:23 »
Returned to Corneo's Mansion with Cid as party leader and I saw Cloud standing in Corneo's desk.

http://i.imgur.com/rWZ6Eq8.jpg