Author Topic: just thought I'd throw this out as an FYI  (Read 3110 times)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
just thought I'd throw this out as an FYI
« on: 2011-03-07 08:02:09 »
for those of you who do not know. The PC version of Final Fantasy VII and VIII work with the Steam overlay as long as you use Aali's custom driver. Just add the game(s) into your steam library and launch them from steam to use it. Since Steam added a screenshot feature to their overlay I just thought I'd let everyone know so you can all start sharing screens of your modded game with your Steam friends and spread the word a little bit ;D. Also useful if your the chatty type (like me) and you want to be able to talk to your friends while you play.

Kemlin

• View Profile
Re: just thought I'd throw this out as an FYI
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-07 18:14:07 »
Excellent tip, Yarlson! It's quite useful.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-07 21:00:03 »
Yeah, I always use Steam to play this game, largely for this reason.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-07 23:21:29 »
another fyi. You can use a program such a Quick Batch File Compiler (google it) to compile the batch file that comes with ff7music into and exe to make it compatible with steam. You'll probably at least have to know how a batch file works to set this up (just in case you have any issues) but its really not too complex.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-03-08 00:09:42 »
another fyi. You can use a program such a Quick Batch File Compiler (google it) to compile the batch file that comes with ff7music into and exe to make it compatible with steam. You'll probably at least have to know how a batch file works to set this up (just in case you have any issues) but its really not too complex.
That is GREAT to know. I may use this and include it in the next version of my installer.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-03-08 00:27:15 »
yes its pretty nifty stuff. I have one myself that I could just send to you, complete with the logo and all. Runs just like the batch file, closes ff7music automatically when the game ends and all that good stuff. lemme me know if you would like it  ;]

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-03-08 10:36:22 »
I've had Steam linked to ff7Music for a while, always funny when people start asking why I'm playing a game called "Spiky haired transvestite: The Game"