Author Topic: Out of curiosity...  (Read 3113 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Out of curiosity...
« on: 2006-06-30 07:29:21 »
Which is worse, a legal FF7 with the animevamp patch or the "Ultima Edition"? With this question, I don't mean which is less moral or anything, just which runs worse on a computer. Mostly I'm asking this because I'm curious, but I don't want to ruin midi playback on my computer or waste 1.4GB of bandwidth when I already have a legal version that works just fine.

Sad Jari

Re: Out of curiosity...
« Reply #1 on: 2006-06-30 08:00:47 »
Dunno, but I'm going to assume that the Ultima Edition doesn't fcuk around with your system files, so based on that I would choose it as the lesser evil to your system.

I have no idea at all whether it'll actually run any better - or at all, though. I don't care, either. :P

Somewhat interesting comparsion, I would say. Kinda like a choice between murder and rape; why no legal FF7 without Animevamp's patch?

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-06-30 16:44:03 »
Somewhat interesting comparsion, I would say. Kinda like a choice between murder and rape; why no legal FF7 without Animevamp's patch?

Because it wins hands down and we dislike that sort of thing. Duh. :-P

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #3 on: 2006-07-01 05:41:00 »
Which is worse, a legal FF7 with the animevamp patch or the "Ultima Edition"? With this question, I don't mean which is less moral or anything, just which runs worse on a computer. Mostly I'm asking this because I'm curious, but I don't want to ruin midi playback on my computer or waste 1.4GB of bandwidth when I already have a legal version that works just fine.

I just discovered today that I had the animevamp patch installed all along to fix the chocobo problem  :-o! Ironically, FFVII never ran smoother and I completed the game with no freezes or glitches. I have a modern laptop run by an AMD 64 processor.  Wierd.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-07-01 06:12:55 »
The thing is, though, RPGillespie, that the animevamp patch will make MIDI music sound terrible on your computer forever. Also, all of the actual fixes included are available elsewhere, and credit is not given to the original creators by animevamp.

MagiMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-07-01 17:58:10 »
The thing is, though, RPGillespie, that the animevamp patch will make MIDI music sound terrible on your computer forever. Also, all of the actual fixes included are available elsewhere, and credit is not given to the original creators by animevamp.

No! I knew it!  I never realized it but the animevamp patch is what I used as well and I couldn't figure out why all my Midis sounded like crap!  Is there any way to fix it?  Besides a system restore or something else extreme?