Author Topic: [Tutorial] Covarr's New FF7Music Tutorial  (Read 203605 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Covarr's New FF7Music Tutorial
« Reply #75 on: 2009-06-14 22:52:53 »
There is only 1 logic there and that is that the midi is still around.  If you deleted them all I can't see how that is possible....

if it does it on all screens too then that means the midi is still there somewhere....

I don't get it :P

musaru

• Fading Remnant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009-06-14 23:30:47 »
Yeah i myself don't understand, either. Is the midi coming from the CD? I did full install, though, so they shouldn't be running from it either way...

GAH i'm so confused >.<

Yuffie_Lover

« Reply #77 on: 2009-06-14 23:32:23 »
Did you delete them using High-Wind?
Because if you do, you have to run High-Wind as administrator...
That was my problem when i first used this program.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009-06-14 23:49:55 »
Did you delete them using High-Wind?
Because if you do, you have to run High-Wind as administrator...
That was my problem when i first used this program.

He has deleted the file containing the midi.  And the main Cd does not contin it....so I do not get it....

Yuffie_Lover

« Reply #79 on: 2009-06-14 23:52:34 »
There are compatibility files. Your PC remembers them. You have delete them with admin privileges, or else it doesn't work..
The PC makes a back-up on its own  :|

Well if he is using Vista... I have spent a lot of time unraveling its mysteries. And  I  still don't fully understand it. :D
Well I wish you luck. I am not much for explaining things.
Sorry.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009-06-15 00:23:31 »
He said he's using XP.

But you're right about Vista. Virtual Store is the most irritating "feature" introduced since Windows ME's borked implementation of System Restore (You know, the one that defeated antivirus software by restoring all your trojans, viruses, worms, etc. as soon as you removed them).

AGunst

« Reply #81 on: 2009-06-17 23:39:47 »
Hi, I recently decided to play FF7 on my pc again, and I read about replacing the Midi music with the Playstation Music.

I downloaded your music pack, got the psf files from Zophar.net and followed your instructions on getting it all to work.
I run on XP and managed to get the game working just fine.
Excecpt I cant seem the get the music right.
I start up the game, it works fine, when I get to the actual game, there's no music! (Yeah I turned off my midi sound)
I've tried just about checking and unchecking everything in configuration, but the music just won't play. (the music directory isn't the problem either.

I really don't know what to do!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009-06-18 02:18:05 »
Did you make sure to set it to the PSF profile?

Show me screenshots of your settings tabs so I can see if I know what's going on.

AGunst

« Reply #83 on: 2009-06-18 12:06:18 »
Did you make sure to set it to the PSF profile?

Show me screenshots of your settings tabs so I can see if I know what's going on.

Yeah its on the PSF profile, here are screens of my settings:

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009-06-18 14:54:39 »

Looks to me like your music path should be C:\psf\   instead of C:\psf

Think of that last slash as telling the program to open the folder.

AGunst

« Reply #85 on: 2009-06-18 15:23:52 »

Tried that just now, nothing changed...
Sigh..

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009-06-18 15:37:44 »

Tried that just now, nothing changed...
Sigh..

don't make mistake I did.  Make sure you have only 1 of the input plugins in the folder. Either Mad (for vista) or in_MP3  NOT both.

that is a long shot but that was my problem :)

AGunst

« Reply #87 on: 2009-06-18 15:46:26 »
I'm using psf, not MP3, so I doubt removing the MP3 dll's will change anything  :|

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009-06-18 15:59:23 »
I'm using psf, not MP3, so I doubt removing the MP3 dll's will change anything  :|
Trying running the game normally and turning the midi volume back up.  Can you hear anything?

AGunst

« Reply #89 on: 2009-06-18 16:15:37 »
Unmuted the Midi both manually and by using FF7Music, and the regular midi music plays.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009-06-18 20:03:04 »
ok things to check.

path to music files (seems you done this)
winamp installed correctly
latest version of ff7music that doesnt need exe changing.
ff7music in correct directory under ff7.
launching ff7 from ff7music.

whatch the ff7music window when you do something that should start a track playing like entering world map, and see if it reports an error.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009-06-18 20:54:45 »
WinAMP doesn't need to be installed. In FF7Music, see if you can configure the waveout plugin. I'm pretty sure the plugin settings are stored in the registry (universal for both WinAMP and FF7Music), so if you have WinAMP installed and changed the settings for out_wave.dll, it could be that those changes are carrying over to this. Just a guess, since your settings appear to be correct.

Also, FF7Music doesn't work right if there's a slash at the end.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009-06-18 21:11:07 »
Hi, i was wondering if anyone had the trimmed versions of Fanfare 2, Shinra Explodes 1 and 2 as well as The Makou Cannon Is Fired minus the shinra explodes.

I don't have any means of editing, Nor where to edit, them :oops:

Also, lib2_awe wasn't mentioned in your guide, but it's at the bottem of the list in FF7 music.

P.S can i run ff7 normally? Or do i ALWAYS have to run from FF7Music? Nevermind, just read you have to run from FF7 music.

EDIT: Same issue i've always gotten, Whenever i enter a battle. or music changes abruptly the last music playing and the new music is playing at the same time :cry: Can anyone help me out? Windows 7 64bit if it matters any
« Last Edit: 2009-06-18 21:20:04 by hellbringer616 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009-06-18 22:30:17 »
Hi, i was wondering if anyone had the trimmed versions of Fanfare 2, Shinra Explodes 1 and 2 as well as The Makou Cannon Is Fired minus the shinra explodes.

Also, lib2_awe wasn't mentioned in your guide, but it's at the bottem of the list in FF7 music.

P.S can i run ff7 normally? Or do i ALWAYS have to run from FF7Music? Nevermind, just read you have to run from FF7 music.

EDIT: Same issue i've always gotten, Whenever i enter a battle. or music changes abruptly the last music playing and the new music is playing at the same time :cry: Can anyone help me out? Windows 7 64bit if it matters any

lb2_awe is One Winged Angel with lyrics. It won't use it unless you have a Creative sound card that uses soundfonts. This is as opposed to the default midi, which doesn't have lyrics.

If the music currently playing doesn't stop when a new one starts, it probably means that Obey 'Stop' isn't checked in the Playback Options tab, when it should be.

AGunst

« Reply #94 on: 2009-06-18 23:13:30 »
I put the psf directory inside the ff7 directory and now it works!
I guess it needs to be in the FF7 directory?
Anyway it works perfectly now, thanks for all your help guys!  :-D

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009-06-19 01:18:04 »

lb2_awe is One Winged Angel with lyrics. It won't use it unless you have a Creative sound card that uses soundfonts. This is as opposed to the default midi, which doesn't have lyrics.

If the music currently playing doesn't stop when a new one starts, it probably means that Obey 'Stop' isn't checked in the Playback Options tab, when it should be.

No it's checked :| i always make sure it's checked. But it seems to always happen, tried on Vista (when i had it) and in an XP VM. It still plays both the last music played, and the new one..

Pics of setup

« Last Edit: 2009-06-19 01:23:30 by hellbringer616 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009-06-19 01:49:00 »
Everything looks to be set up properly. Have you already tried messing around with the compatibility modes that programs run in?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009-06-19 01:54:36 »

Mine works flawlessly

Hellbringer616, I'm using Windows 7 7201 x64.  I followed Covarr's new tutorial to get everything working, but discovered in_mad.dll and loopbe didn't work for me for some reason.  You may want to try going back to the Microsoft GS Wavetable (in ff7music config and ff7 config) and in_mp3.dll.
I also noticed my out_wave.dll is V2.1 and yours is 2.02a
« Last Edit: 2009-06-19 01:59:33 by obesebear »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009-06-19 02:32:42 »
Everything looks to be set up properly. Have you already tried messing around with the compatibility modes that programs run in?

Not yet, but i'll try

Works perfectly. ran in the compatibility modes. It ran before so i didn't think i needed em, But i guess i do :-D

Now midi's play in the background...  :-(
« Last Edit: 2009-06-19 16:19:26 by hellbringer616 »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009-06-19 16:28:50 »

Mine works flawlessly

Hellbringer616, I'm using Windows 7 7201 x64.  I followed Covarr's new tutorial to get everything working, but discovered in_mad.dll and loopbe didn't work for me for some reason.  You may want to try going back to the Microsoft GS Wavetable (in ff7music config and ff7 config) and in_mp3.dll.
I also noticed my out_wave.dll is V2.1 and yours is 2.02a

Where did you get your out_wave.dll? i am using the stuff provided, And the midis now play, and i think everything is still playing when it shouldn't... Is there a way to just add direct MP3 support in FF7?

Alright, got everything working, loopbe wasn't muting the midi's like it should have, quick trip with highwind fixed that :-P, minor annoyance as to the sound always restarts when i finish a battle in the first mission when it should keep playing, But hopefully it will continue to work as it should :-D
« Last Edit: 2009-06-19 16:59:50 by hellbringer616 »