Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] La Magica v2.0 - REMOVED for now...  (Read 13739 times)

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
LINKS REMOVED - V2 Of this simply has too many issues...

It'll be much smaller in size then this was... etc... proper atlas textures etc... (i knew nothing of these when i started this)

TR-MCINDUS "will be working with Fated Courage and Klitlika/gotsaninsoadkorn on this mod for a future release!"
« Last Edit: 2018-08-20 09:04:29 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] La Magica HD v1.0 - Magic Upscale
« Reply #1 on: 2018-06-23 16:20:28 »
removed... see top post...
« Last Edit: 2018-08-17 02:58:31 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

SuperBeast

• View Profile
Any chance of screenshots?  Would like to know if this is worth downloading as the torrent is very slow.  Any chance this could be uploaded to mega?

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
based on existing mods... Redoing edges mainly + also improved color saturation a little...
« Last Edit: 2018-08-17 02:58:56 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

jasmer

• View Profile
Seconding the possibility of uploading to Mega....

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
removed... see top post...
« Last Edit: 2018-08-17 02:59:06 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
jasmer & SuperBeast... we're now past 60%... once seeding reaches 100% i welcome one of you with a MEGA account to host a mirror... :)

I've also been working on an update/tweak to the battlefield mod pack... Color Saturation Adjustments + Re-cut Edges on all the pixelated overlayed layers... mountains / buildings etc...

I've been seeding this for two days lol... hopefully we get to 100%

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
oh nice, your here too :)
i gradually got worse with the filenames as you'll notice...
ps: in case someone wanted to redo this from scratch with more organized filenames, i used...

Tonberry debug mode + FF8 in-game :) to get the .bmp

Renamer Lite = batch renaming to remove space or brackets etc...

Bulk Image Converter v2.0.1.0 by slade73 = to batch convert .bmp to .png (without issues i had with others)

ImBatch = to batch resize 1024x1024... added a little color saturation to some things, slight blur/unfocus to some...
Paint.net = when i wasn't doing batch processing... i'd love to find a batch processing plugin for this one...
not saying they are the best programs... just what i managed to use...

Berrymapper to get the hashmaps... :)

i still wanted to find out about the textures that were smaller then 256x256 for eg, many 128x256 / 256x128 etc that i wasn't sure whether to stretch to 1024x1024 or upscale 4x res...

and was there a way to check the hashmap file for duplicates automatically? with close to 7000 textures...

« Last Edit: 2018-06-26 07:02:47 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Last Edit: 2018-08-17 03:00:56 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

principealex1

• View Profile
@qotsaninsoadkorn could you please upload your mods on Mega or Google drive?, because torrent it's pretty slow or sometimes unusable. (can't manage to download "LaMagica" and "BattleFieldPack - RECUT EDGES + COLOR BOOST" .

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Last Edit: 2018-08-17 03:01:10 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
Seconding the possibility of uploading to Mega....

trying to organize some sort of megaupload mirror in split .rar files probably... since i've heard the torrent has been dead for a while...

principealex1

• View Profile
Could you give me an "instant chat" contact? (Steam or FB ecc...so we can speak fluently if you want, in case send me the contact throught private message) 😂, i can upload la Magica for you on Mega if you want :)
« Last Edit: 2018-07-18 09:39:04 by principealex1 »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
...removed...
« Last Edit: 2018-08-17 03:01:32 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
...removed...
« Last Edit: 2018-08-17 03:01:42 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

eisgiga

• View Profile
I tried them out but somehow they dont work also  when i put the folder into textures Project Hellfire didnt worked   :-\
I think they all need to be put in a certain folder like to work or ?

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
...removed... see top post...
« Last Edit: 2018-08-17 03:02:35 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
I will be working with Fated Courage and Klitlika/gotsaninsoadkorn on this mod for a future release!

ff7maniac

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] La Magica v2.0 - REMOVED for now...
« Reply #18 on: 2020-06-03 19:44:15 »
I believe that this mod will never see the light of day. I have the impression that the modders are now devoted just to the remastered version... -.-

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2020-06-04 00:24:47 »
I believe that this mod will never see the light of day. I have the impression that the modders are now devoted just to the remastered version... -.-
WELL THANKS for your OPINION LOL... why would you bother posting this... FML!
Bug-Testing / lack of testers was the main issue with projects of this size... some people still have this around and can vouch for most things working... but some of the bugs actually seem like they also happened on 8R if not careful when they made it i guess... Zell's limit breaks for eg, sometimes showing the wrong textures... the reason it was pulled was i had created something that conflicted with some of the pre-existing mods, and part of this community was harassing them to fix issues that were actually caused from bugs i had created on this... at that point it was about my lack of confidence in fixing the bugs before more devs got annoyed by the situation...

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2020-06-04 01:12:58 »
I'm not just talking about this mod, in general every thing that comes out these days it's mods for the remastered version or mods updates for the remastered version, and nothing for the original steam version. as if all the modders had made the decision to drop this version once and for all. I wanted to contact mcindus by the topic and private message, on the fact of if he was going to make the new textures of these mods for the normal steam version. he never answered me. long time ago in 2018 he told me he was going to do the tripod mod in French and that would only take it some days. it's been two years. I find that if a person asks a question and we ignore it is to be disrespectful. many people can't play the remastered version because they don't have a 1500$ gaming computer or 300$ graphic card or a recent processor or just don't want to pay a second or third time if they have an original playstation version or steam version. as if the latest mods were just for rich people. while the remastered version has new textures redone from a to z more beautiful with new colors etc the original eats strawberries. basically what I mean this is if modders don't want to work on the original steam version anymore, that them say it clearly rather than ignoring these people and leaving them in nothingness
« Last Edit: 2020-06-04 01:41:28 by ff7maniac »

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #21 on: 2020-06-04 01:45:23 »
I'm not just talking about this mod, in general every thing that comes out these days it's mods for the remastered version or mods updates from the remastered version, and nothing for the original steam version. as if all the modders had made the decision to drop this version once and for all. I wanted to contact mcindus by the topic and private message, on the fact of if he was going to make the new textures of these mods for the normal steam version. he never answered me. long time ago in 2018 he told me he was going to do the tripod mod in French and that would only take it some days. it's been two years. I find that if a person asks a question and we ignore it is to be disrespectful. many people can't play the remastered version because they don't have a 1500$ gaming computer or 300$ graphic card or a recent processor or just don't want to pay a second or third time if they have an original playstation version or steam version. as if the latest mods were just for rich people. while the remastered version has new textures redone from a to z more beautiful with new colors etc the original eats strawberries. basically what I mean this is if modders don't want to work on the original steam version anymore, that them say it clearly rather than ignoring these people and leaving them in nothingness

modders have their own lives, they are not modding the game to cater to individuals, and they don't owe you an explanation if they decide to stop working on something

if you dont want to pay the $25 or whatever for FF8 R, then you don't get to use mods made for it, its that simple

trying to tell modders what they need to be working on and what version they should support is extremely immature, grow up brah

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2020-06-04 01:59:52 »
sorry but modifying a texture to make it compatible is very easy i already do it for ff7 and ff8 and am just an amateur using gimp, so for professionals it should be extremely easy ... and if you want to be a pigeon to pay the same game 3 and 4 times go it hard and ruin yourself ... as I said I have the impression that the novelties are only for the person having a computer of 2500 $ ... and by the way giving an opinion it's not being immature it is freedom of expression, personally I do not see the interest of making a mod if it is just to do it for a minority of the population and not at the largest scale possible that's all. it's just my opinion. my intention wasn't to be upset people's sorry
« Last Edit: 2020-06-04 02:37:04 by ff7maniac »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #23 on: 2020-06-04 02:34:02 »
I'm not just talking about this mod, in general every thing that comes out these days it's mods for the remastered version or mods updates for the remastered version, and nothing for the original steam version. as if all the modders had made the decision to drop this version once and for all. I wanted to contact mcindus by the topic and private message, on the fact of if he was going to make the new textures of these mods for the normal steam version. he never answered me. long time ago in 2018 he told me he was going to do the tripod mod in French and that would only take it some days. it's been two years. I find that if a person asks a question and we ignore it is to be disrespectful. many people can't play the remastered version because they don't have a 1500$ gaming computer or 300$ graphic card or a recent processor or just don't want to pay a second or third time if they have an original playstation version or steam version. as if the latest mods were just for rich people. while the remastered version has new textures redone from a to z more beautiful with new colors etc the original eats strawberries. basically what I mean this is if modders don't want to work on the original steam version anymore, that them say it clearly rather than ignoring these people and leaving them in nothingness

I know certain things have fallen by the wayside, but I promise you I never gave up on the 2013 version, and have almost all magics, gf upscales, npcs, and more completed! The Remaster became my main focus, especially since we are able to now mod it, but mods like the battlefield pack for remaster and project angelwing: ultima will be available for the 2013 version in the near future. It's not the only thing I'm working on - and yes I've completed a french tripod, and it's ready to be released when I release Lunatic Pandora Modpack v2.0 with all languages, a gedosato pack for all languages, and reshade settings, as well as all needed redistributable packages that anyone might need to install when they run the mods.

Just to prove it to you, this is the French folder:

And here's my main folder:

The next two weeks I'm devoting to Project Angelwing: Ultima which will be released for both Remaster AND 2013 versions.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-04 02:35:40 by Mcindus »

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2020-06-04 02:50:09 »
sorry mcindus i couldn't know. you did not reply to my messages and no one was talking about the mods for the 2013 version :S thanks for the clarification and your work. the novelties will be available separately for free like the old versions? or with donation as with your lunatic pandora program?