Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Weird problem...?  (Read 2679 times)

xDiMiNiSHEDxSOUL

Final Fantasy VII Weird problem...?
« on: 2008-07-09 19:01:23 »
Hi.
Alright,  I've tried a few different patches....right now I have the FF7_1.02 and Mini Games Patcher installed.
My problem:  After the first video (the one with Aeris and the stars and the FF7 title)  it turns black...So when the movie switches to the actual playing mode appears it just turns black.  I've even tried installing nVidia's ForceWare drive 169.

Here are my specs:
Windows XP SP3
Dell XPS 410
nVidia GeForce 7300LE
Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz
Maximum Install
nVidia/TNT
I don't think you need anymore?

Alright...well if you need anymore details about this problem let me know...I really want to play this fantastic game on my PC!!!  :-D

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Weird problem...?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-07-09 20:10:01 »
Is it the real SP3 you have (If it's even out yet)?
Or the home-made one with all the fancy Vista-ness?

If it's the latter, that might be your problem.  If not, search the forums, I'm sure there's about 4 topics with a similair problem, but I can't be bothered searching for you as I'm playing Lego Star Wars. :-D

Just search, I'm sure you'll find your answer.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #2 on: 2008-07-09 21:36:53 »
Well, you can just open the menu and close it immediately - this will "fix" the problem :P. On a side note, do you use K-Lite Codec Pack?

OT: XP SP3 is available for almost 2 months through Windows Update.

Terid__K

« Reply #3 on: 2008-07-09 23:33:44 »
Disable the AVI splitter your codec pack uses and downgrade video drivers to 163.75 or lower. Nothing to do with SP3. This has been answered multiple times before, next time use the search button.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-07-10 02:30:10 »
Unistall K-lite or disable the specific codecs. Disabling the codecs didn't work when I had this problem, so I simply uninstalled K-Lite.

Seriously, though. Search for this. It's been asked and adequately answered so. many. freaking. times.