Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 572529 times)

Borde

• View Profile
Re: [Release] NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #850 on: 2007-08-13 10:55:47 »
Not really, at least not yet. But unlike in combats, field models use dinamic lights which certainly give them an interesting look.

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: 2007-08-13 12:30:07 »
I looked on some scenes with NPC 0.6, and new model are darker then original.
It looks like new dark characters added.
In highwind barret looks like shadow.
In costa del sol(entrance route) characters are dark and background is light.

I think that original colors of character looked more lively.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: 2007-08-14 02:34:10 »
I had the sensation that the field models looked much better than the combat models.
It's just me or is it really that way?
Well, Cloud is the one of the last battle with sephiroth which is better than the other battles.  Also when I resized the models so the can fit the backgrounds I improved a little the proportion of the models.  Original battle models have legs a lot too long.

Sorry if this question may seem stupid...
I don't think any questions is stupid... especially if you finish the post by saying that our models look better than the original battle models :-D hehe.

I looked on some scenes with NPC 0.6, and new model are darker then original.
Not just in the 0.6, this problem is there since the reunion patch so... it have been there for a while.  The thing is that we have to redo the precalculated lighting of the main characters.  I have redone the lighting of Aeris to fix a bug in the dress so she should be okey.  But all other main characters are darker than they should be.  But, Right now, we focus more on doing new models (or in my case I focus more in developping new techniques and test the use 3ds max and Pcreator).
« Last Edit: 2007-08-14 07:08:51 by stormmedia »

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: 2007-08-14 08:37:49 »
Well as for me

My graphics card dead, so i can't work on my pc

why is work going slow on this patch

Storm got a job
Borde got a-lot of school work
me got a boxing match coming up, so i spend a-lot of time training

So the lighting
we got to add some lighting to make the model's look better

the older Kimera used a more darker lighting tho. The new one puts a-lot better lighting on the model's with-out making them too dark.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 2007-08-20 02:39:42 »
Hey ppl!

Just wanted to tell you that I finally had the time to work a little on the project and have almost finished my new cloud.  Just have to work a little on some textures and it will be fine.

Here a link to the first post I made about the new cloud (I updated the screenshots).
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5105.775

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: 2007-08-20 15:44:46 »
Hj i have 1 question

What size did you use for the battle model conversion on the normal map(like the train) world map

Thanks in advance
  edit : i want to know what  is the zack model and cloud in wheelchair  in char.lgp
« Last Edit: 2007-08-20 16:26:21 by Great Sephiroth »

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #856 on: 2007-10-07 06:03:41 »
Seeing as how the NPC project is on the fourth page of the forum it will not have a new update any time soon.  I really do hope you guys finish this, the way it was when you first started.  The way it was meant to be.  NPC project 1.0.  :)

Much thanks.  And to people like Caleb, who say they can do this kind of work, why not join the project?  It's almost done, just finish what they started.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: 2007-10-07 08:13:31 »
to people like Caleb, who say they can do this kind of work, why not join the project?  It's almost done, just finish what they started.

well Murak IS Caleb

I asked Murak 3 times if he would like to join and said no

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: 2007-10-07 09:01:39 »
come on marcus, it was more like 7 times you asked me.
the main reason i declined was because i'm very lazy when it comes to modding an i lose interest easily.  :lol:
although, i like making boss/enemies to player conversions on the whole as no one else makes them. :)
but i suppose i could work on some other NPCs. i'll post a update when i finish the denizens of cosmo canyon.

Ponisito

« Reply #859 on: 2007-10-07 22:26:12 »
 Hi, I´m new here. Where can I download the last version of FFVII NPC Reconstruction Project ?.Has this version the new models? (Jessie, bigss, wedge, president shinra, and those characters). Or the kingdom hearts models?

Thanks a lot, and great job!! n_n
« Last Edit: 2007-10-07 22:44:25 by Ponisito »

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #860 on: 2007-10-07 23:35:17 »
come on marcus, it was more like 7 times you asked me.
the main reason i declined was because i'm very lazy when it comes to modding an i lose interest easily.  :lol:
although, i like making boss/enemies to player conversions on the whole as no one else makes them. :)
but i suppose i could work on some other NPCs. i'll post a update when i finish the denizens of cosmo canyon.

Great :)
I'm using your Cloud by the way.  Even though it wasn't exactly what I wanted it's still much better than the other.

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: 2007-10-08 08:46:56 »
that's good to hear that someone actually uses my stuff other than me.  :lol:
i myself uses the NPC RP as a base and custom people that i devised myself to look like people i know

MaserJoe

« Reply #862 on: 2007-10-17 08:10:52 »

This is my first post, but I think this is the correct place to be posting this. Is there any way to fix this? I'm not sure if it's specific to my settings, but this happens everytime Barret does his blink animation. It's not that important, but mildly disconcerting. I know there might be limitations preventing this from being fixable, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 2007-10-17 21:07:40 »
That's a known problem MaserJoe. We know how to keep characters from blinking, but haven't found yet any way of making the effect look right.

Muramasa007

« Reply #864 on: 2007-10-20 04:24:31 »
I'm having problems installing it. Can anyone help me? I made the "CHAR" folder, but whenever I tried to use NPC RP v.6 I keep getting this

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: 2007-10-20 08:42:49 »
did u extract the char.lgp to your "char" folder or type the correct path in the box :roll:
« Last Edit: 2007-10-20 08:44:50 by silver_wings »

Muramasa007

« Reply #866 on: 2007-10-20 16:33:33 »
Yes I did.

Grey_W

« Reply #867 on: 2007-10-20 16:39:44 »
I have another problem  :-(

and i extracted the char.lgp to my "char" folder

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: 2007-10-21 05:00:29 »
your path should be ... Final Fantasy VII\data\

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: 2007-10-21 05:06:08 »
I have another problem  :-(

and i extracted the char.lgp to my "char" folder
Silly question, but is your FFVII installation in C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII ?? If not then you definitely need to direct the program to the proper folder. I generally change the install folder on some things, as I hate having a company name as a directory, and prefer the game name so I can find it easier.

Umm. Ok here's a question. Has a High res cloud field mesh been released without the big buster sword on his back? As neat as it is, I'd rather prefer him without it, though I do love the high res characters. I looked into PCreator, but I know NOTHING about 3d max, nifskope, or any3d modeling programs, as my work on TES3 and TES4 was very little on the texture/mesh side.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-21 21:43:22 by paladin181 »

Terid__K

« Reply #870 on: 2007-10-22 05:14:43 »
Umm. Ok here's a question. Has a High res cloud field mesh been released without the big buster sword on his back? As neat as it is, I'd rather prefer him without it, though I do love the high res characters.

I was wondering this too. The Cloud with sword model is nice, but it looks weird in scenes where he draws his sword.

BTW, Aeris model is missing the left hand.

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: 2007-10-23 00:54:07 »
Ok. I got the field Cloud without the sword. If you want to do it, open the aaaa.hrc file with notepad and you'll see this:
Code: [Select]
:HEADER_BLOCK 2
:SKELETON n_cloud_sk
:BONES 21

hip
root
1 AAAB

chest
hip
2 AAAD aaad2

Change
chest
hip
2 AAAD aaad2

to this:

chest
hip
1 AAAD

And the Field Cloud model will lose the sword. Now, to find the world map model. Anyone know the files for that one?

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 2007-10-23 06:36:21 »
Hello again!

After few months I decided to take my time and read through all the posts of this topic again (a daunting taskl :-) )

I have a small request for stormmedia: could you please post here again your new Cloud Model and the one that the current version of NPC has?

Also, a question for ice_cold and Borde: you guys realize that the difference of style between your models and the new upcoming remodernized versions of stormmedia is going to be huge, right?  :-)

Is there anything that can be done in order to keep things consistent?

Reading through this topic again, I couldn't help pondering the question stormmedia asked people here earlier: do you still want me in this project? (meaning: even after I have decided to work on NPCs mostly for training my skills?)

My first reaction is of course to say "Of course! You are talented and have contributed so much to this project! Who could ever forget your inputs about clipping, for instance?". Now, though I do still have this kind of instinctive reaction, I believe that for my personal kind of preference, I'd rather have stormmedia's new models not be part of the NPC project.

Please, try and understand I am trying to be honest. I have thought long before posting because I know this post might be misinterpreted and I know that there are always the "paladins" lurking and coming "to the rescue" as soon as they get the chance (they seem to live for this purpouse).

I know it's not worth much but as player, I won't use NPC project if the final result will be a clash of the original kind of editing and a complete overhaul of already edited models.

I end this with my sincere (I always try and be that, both in criticism and praise) thanks for your hard job and wishing you all the best in your lives!  :wink:

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 2007-10-23 17:15:15 »
paladin181, the wrold map models are stored in world_us.lgp

Thank for your sincerity Salk. Well, you see, to be sincere I wouldn't use Stormedia's Cloud either... in it's current state. But let him finish it, we will see how it comes along. I wouldn't even use proportioned models, mind you.
Anyway, I think the question stormmedia asked should be reversed: do you really want him to leave the project? Well, the biggest problem with that is obvious when you look at how old our last release is. It's been a looooooong while ago. And that's because it takes time to redo models and because we are having less and less free time. I started this project nearly 3 years ago with the idea of doing some models, getting some more talented people interested and leaving the project to them. And in all this time only 3 guys have worked on this project: myself, ice_cold513 and stormmedia. Which I must say it's quiet depressing.
As you can guess, the more people involved in this project, the faster it will get done. Removing one man from the team will only slow things down even more. But don't think that the models that are done will stay like they are forever. The idea is to have all the models done as fast as we can and then start changing what we don't like and, if we can't get to a common consent, then we will simply split up the project.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #874 on: 2007-10-23 17:54:24 »
Hello Borde!

Thanks for your answer. You're for me the ideal kind of person to discuss this subjects because I know that it's not popular to speak so openly and you have been highly understanding. Furthermore in stormmedia I have great confidence and I do think he is really talented. Speaking so openly was thus hard for me.

I didn't mean to criticize his work that is not of course in a final stage. I was only thinking of his premise earlier on: "I must give my priority to improving my modelling skill. I am trying to combine this with working on the NPC Project as well". Which is admirable.

But I was just wondering if this could end up with "damaging" the project itself and not because stormmedia is not capable of valid contribution but only because his goal would seem to draft the models to another direction compared to what you and ice_cold seem to propose. I can be totally wrong here. Only you guys can tell me if there is some truth behind this impression of mine.

I would never dream to even dare suggesting who should be part of the team or not, mind you guys. I was just expressing a feeling that started lurking inside me after reading again those words.

Thanks again!