Author Topic: Pandora's Box split models glitch?  (Read 4258 times)

Timber

• View Profile
Pandora's Box split models glitch?
« on: 2010-08-02 06:49:37 »
It seems when I use the Pandora's Box Enemy Skill on Jenova SYNTHESIS or on Bizzaro Sephiroth, it makes the model of the enemy split into several models, inside each other, but the animations arnt synced.

This is a glitch right? Surely this hasn't always happened?

Sorry it is kind of hard to explain, does this happen to anyone else?

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Re: Pandora's Box split models glitch?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-02 07:14:14 »
never seen it, but i've bever used the Pandoara's box on them, so next time i'm near the end of the game, i'll give it a try

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-02 12:06:32 »
I've seen what you're talking about, but I only noticed it on the Grangalan and thought I saw the Grangalan Jrs inside it. I guess that's incorrect if it works on other enemies too.

I did a little testing with this spell for a while and I don't know what causes it. There's nothing special about the spell itself except that it seems to overlay a different 3D layer over the existing layer. It's not just a graphic overlay like most other attacks. The floating question mark doesn't "exist" in the field with the other actors even though the actors' 3D field is still there. It might be a redraw issue. Once Pandora's anim is complete and it's trying to re-render the battle, that happens sometimes.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-03 01:43:25 »
I assume you're using the custom driver? I believe it may be responsible for this glitch, rather than the pandoras box animation. I noticed it on my first complete playthrough with the driver that sometimes Jenova SYNTHESIS and Bizarro Sephiroth appear duplicated, somewhat out of sync but with no obvious effect on anything else in the game. Sometimes it did not happen and I never found a pattern. This was way back with the 0.6 releases but no relevant changes have been made to that part of the driver since then so it does not surprise me that this still happens.

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-08-03 08:05:21 »
I assume you're using the custom driver?

Yup, I thought it may have been the custom driver, but since I can't seem to get the game to work without it, I couldn't test.

It did take me a while to figure out that it was Pandora's Box triggering it. Does it every time for me.