Author Topic: IT'S OVER! SONY IS FINISHED!  (Read 26119 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: IT'S OVER! SONY IS FINISHED!
« Reply #25 on: 2011-04-27 16:24:07 »
wow someone defending sony.. first let me correct you..
as for the linux issue it truly is a hunk of crap and I can understand why sony wont give any money back if people try and install it on there system freeware operating systems
yes the issues is a hunk of crap i PAID for the hardware i can do what ever i want with it.. i can use it as they want or code my own stuff for it, or take a big steamy crap on it. Linux is not freeware , its free-software. HUGE difference one being freeware does not require sourcecode to be provided.Also in all technicality you don't really install "linux", you install a GNU/Linux system as linux is only a kernel, and the rest of the system is GNU software.
never a good idea because security related issues are going to always be a problem
umm you do realize how much a of blatent lie this is right? , even when your running the "other OS" the hyper visor still has control of the PS3 its locks the linux kernel out of some areas.the biggest security flaw in the ps3 is IT SENDS YOUR STORE DATA UNENCRYPTED. meaning i can sit outside your house and sniff it  from your wifi..also like all other current gen systems they sucked at the most basic encryption stuff, leaving keys readable in ram, not even checking for the signed bits. making a random number generator that always uses 4. anyway  Removing the option to install other os is what caused this. the proof is in how long it took to hack the ps3 after linux was blocked. about 6 months , the avg time before linux can be installed on ANY console that don't allow it.

and then the part where you show how dumb you truely are.
in fact linux should be shutdown as well as company because they are a source of a lot of troubles or microsoft should just buy them out.
0. There is NO linux company , Linux like all other GPL stuff is made by people like me.

1. what troubles, the kind of trouble were we provide people with software to run their machines.Free you from the microsoft tax and make you applications way better.

2. Microsoft, they like apple are just a bunch of theives. The biggest difference between Free software and Properitary software is that freesoftware is almost always made by the users that want to use it , while properitary software is mostly just to make money and lock in their customers so they can make more money.

No.. Read my post again.

yes i have read you post again in you post you clearly state that open-source software is the way to go because you will own it. this however is NOT TRUE as you don't have any rights to it by default, since its not coved by the GPL(or a compatible free liscense). the creative commons is a joke when it comes to software, you get the source code but you CAN'T do anything with it. read some different lisences some time and see how the gpl protects user rights(the 4 freedoms) and "open source" does nothing more then give you some source code that you can't really do much with.

i will however not touch how much EVERY system in this generation sucks. and for all the same reasons TODAYS GAMES ARE CRAP. its all cutscenes and high gfx and no fun gameplay.

Cloudef

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011-04-27 16:50:58 »
yes i have read you post again in you post you clearly state that open-source software is the way to go because you will own it. this however is NOT TRUE as you don't have any rights to it by default, since its not coved by the GPL(or a compatible free liscense). the creative commons is a joke when it comes to software, you get the source code but you CAN'T do anything with it. read some different lisences some time and see how the gpl protects user rights(the 4 freedoms) and "open source" does nothing more then give you some source code that you can't really do much with.

Where is the facepalm when I need it.

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #27 on: 2011-04-27 17:02:19 »
Why would you need one? As far as I can tell, Sith is correct ;D

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: 2011-04-27 17:27:56 »
It's all moot, anyway. Everyone knows Linux is for terrorists.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #29 on: 2011-04-27 17:29:40 »
i've been called the master of software liscenses by some of our members. :).

It's all moot, anyway. Everyone knows Linux is for terrorists.
not really, the consencis is its for elitists, the RTFM type. (this is not exactly what i see from the users i know)

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011-04-27 18:42:13 »
God I hate it when people create memes and then do them to death.  This got old after the first time I saw one.

Downfall is a great film btw.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 2011-04-27 20:02:07 »
i've been called the master of software liscenses by some of our members. :).
 not really, the consencis is its for elitists, the RTFM type. (this is not exactly what i see from the users i know)

DON'T TANGLE ME IN YOUR COMMUNIST LIES, PENGUIN MAN!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #33 on: 2011-04-27 20:05:55 »
DON'T TANGLE ME IN YOUR COMMUNIST LIES, PENGUIN MAN!
i have not reason to lie to you.  (or your joking?)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #34 on: 2011-04-27 20:18:39 »
But of course.

Incidentally, how do you feel about BSD licenses?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #35 on: 2011-04-27 21:05:39 »
the BSD license is very half assed for today's world. It insures no freedom since it does allow the shipping of binary's only reguardless of if the item was give as source or not.It Seriously Falls short in that it Does not force the release of the source code.

if the bsd lisense were stronger we could all get copies of the source for most of mac os X...

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #36 on: 2011-04-27 21:39:44 »
I take a different perspective. Let's say I write a really cool algorithm, but I don't mind at all how it's used. I'm happy with open source projects using it, but if Microsoft use it for their next product, and that improves the experience of a few million users, I'm happy with that too. All I mind about is Microsoft retroactively suing either the open source project, or worse, myself. In this case, the BSD license is perfect. It means my work can permanently, positively affect *everyone*.

Anyway, we don't need Apple's source to make a well-designed desktop Unix. We already have it. It just needs a little maturing.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #37 on: 2011-04-27 22:06:55 »
That is a point i can understand. There are some reasons i can see to use the BSD Lisence and it really depends on your project. But, If your going to use my code i perfer that what you make with it has the same freedoms as my program.This is why i use the GPL. Since as you know this is the main differance between the two. there are others, like the GPL is written in leagalize and has more clauses in it then the BSD one , bsd is written in english and is mainly just one paragraph. with 3 clauses. my main problem with the BSD lisence is the lack of code and some bsd ppl do provide the code anyway.

Here is how i see it ultimately for a healthy future of any science you have to have free and open trade of ideas and research. This allows for a Process of Peer Review and error checking. If Computer Science was the same more systems would have much better security records, as well as i think we could advance the science faster and in a way that benifits everyone.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011-04-27 23:08:32 »
I've found sith's favourite radio station:

http://www.linux.fm/

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #39 on: 2011-04-28 01:37:08 »
its hard to listen to most tts synths read text files, they are not not very smooth, but its really hard to listen to one read back source code in any programing language, it becomes much harder to listen to.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011-04-29 00:31:12 »
So, did anyone else get this email?

>mfw the card I used to buy things on PSN has expired

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011-04-29 01:32:17 »
Yep, just got that email.

Luckily, I never bought anything on PSN  :-)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011-04-29 16:51:07 »
Yes I got it... Bought Dissidia 012 and FF7/FF8/FF9 by the PSN...

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #43 on: 2011-04-29 17:26:58 »
i got one too, as part of my work on Black Chocobo i had to buy a copy of FF7 for the ps3 . i don't even own a ps3. the one sent to me is alot longer (maybe cause im in the US?)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile

ITCOMPTECH

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011-04-30 05:05:50 »
Sony would not give up that easy besides the fact that they are a multi million dollar company they have money to waste and can afford an upset such as this. They will just take it on the chin and move on. i personally would like to see that Sony pays for all their misshapes but would not want Sony to perish because of all they have given the consumers "entertainment" and a fantastic console honestly you all bag Sony but where would you be if Sony perished yes i know some of you people have Box's but for you true "Playstation" fans we would be bored to crap.....if you wanna see Sony play fair and stick around stop modding and jail breaking your PS systems..This is not an attack on one individual but to all consumers that violate their rights. Anyway that's my statement no harm intended in my post just my opinion 

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011-04-30 14:47:44 »
if you wanna see Sony play fair and stick around stop modding and jail breaking your PS systems..This is not an attack on one individual but to all consumers that violate their rights.

Violate who's rights?  Also, I assume you don't feel that when I buy a console I own it, therefore I can't do what I want with the hardware.  That's the problem, and what the case was all about, Geohot owned a PS3, Geohot used his PS3 for his own uses, Sony sues him, claiming that's illegal.  Geohot also made it a point, to not use PSN so it's not even like anything he was doing effected any other PS3 user anyway.  There's a difference between hacking your console, and being a fucking cheater.

ITCOMPTECH

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011-04-30 15:20:54 »
i wasn't pointing the finger at anyone just stating my own opinion and i know all about geohot i have read all his statements and agree with him fully that in purchasing a piece of hardware you buy the rights that go with your hardware and you should be allowed to do what you want to it but if jail breaking the console means playing pirated games or even backups or backing up your games on your HDD then that is violating the laws sony has prenounced..i believe in buying goods and you having full ownership of them don't get me wrong i think it's BS that sony sued him won i also think it's BS that you can't copy your own original games...i agree with you fully i just don't want sony to be left to rot in the dirt is all....i want to have a console to play in the near future..know what i mean!!?

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011-04-30 23:21:43 »