Project forums > Aali's Custom FF7/FF8 Driver

Aali's driver [v 0.7.11b] Help/Bugs/Suggestions

<< < (188/189) > >>

Replicators:

--- Quote from: LeonhartGR on 2013-12-22 00:39:59 ---Is it possible to include a feature like in the Steam version that FFVIII can read the videos from the mod folder? I'm making a video mod for the Steam release with dubbed FMVs and I'd love to replace them. Since that's not possible in the with the old exe yet and the game reads the .PAK file from the image drive. I was wondering if this was possible to be included in the next driver version. Thanks!!!

--- End quote ---

Or even a command line tool for importing things into the .PAK files, like .bik cause i want the FMV's to work for both steam AND original since i am doing them in bink and will work in the original. Will give the original ff8 gamers 1080p videos.

Aali:

--- Quote from: LeonhartGR on 2013-12-22 00:39:59 ---Is it possible to include a feature like in the Steam version that FFVIII can read the videos from the mod folder? I'm making a video mod for the Steam release with dubbed FMVs and I'd love to replace them. Since that's not possible with the old exe yet and the game reads the .PAK file from the image drive. I was wondering if this was possible to be included in the next driver version. Thanks!!!

--- End quote ---

It won't be in the next release but it's certainly not a bad idea. Likewise with FF7, no reason it couldn't read videos from the mod folder.
FF8 does have the small caveat that it would be an all-or-nothing deal, it wouldn't be able to fall back on the .pak files.

LeonhartGR:
Thank you Aali! That would make possible to use the Steam mods as well.

Bosola:
Do we even want to support the 2013 release? Square had taken community work and repackaged it without giving the slightest bit of credit. Do we really want to give them a free pass to taken even more stuff?

LeonhartGR:
I was referring to the old release and the usage of the modified(upscaled) videos made for the Steam release. I have no problem if people can use the videos with the Steam release as well though. I was wondering since there is a tool to extract the .bink files from the cd or virtual drive, it isn't possible to import them for the old release as well with some program? Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version